• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the "Kitchens" getting hot yet?

Is Kitchens done?

• Hell Kitchens is on fire!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Nope gets another year

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Who cares its the Browns

• Potato Salad with Bacon

• Total voters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... I do put part of the blame on some of the players. Some big drops, fumbles (namely last night), and PENALTIES. Browns gotta real those in. Hard to win games when you're averaging 10 penalties a game. Part of that is coaching though...

I thought the Browns were stupid to go all in on the OBJ trade though. I graded that in favor of the Giants - I think an A for the Giants, C+ for the Browns way back. They were doing fine featuring Chubb with a good O-Line (Zeitler) and allowing Mayfield to progress on his own without feeling the need to force passes to OBJ.

I remember saying that the same thing happened to the Browns (started to spiral down) when Josh Gordon came back several years ago and they were trying to force passes his way. They were doing pretty good and then it all fell apart.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, any time I have watched the Browns or saw a Freddie Kitchens pressor, I just feel he was in no way ready to be a HC in the NFL.
Having said that, when is Dorsey gonna get some criticism for
A) making the hire instead of getting a veteran coach who can handle the heat and a young team
B) building a team of all flash and no substance (ie. big splash Odell trade when the trenches need work).

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now it looks like Kitchens is getting his fill of OBJ, asked on Monday if he felt OBJ was getting enough targets he said yes, but according to the great OBJ he is not.....

Think Dorsey is calling the Giants to see if they'll take him back?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure the Browns will shit can him at the end of the season. Not sure how much that helps. Feel like Dorsey trade for Odell was likely one of the mistakes which contributed to a poor season. Trading away Kevin Zeitler seems to have destabilized the OL pass blocking abilities and trading for a WR at such a cost seems foolish.
Mayfield hasn't progressed as much as regressed. Some of that is the OL being shaky and some of that is Mayfield doesn't seem special as a talent, or at least not enough to make up for a porous OL.

I thought it was a beautiful shuttle pass to the Patriots defender. He has nothing to work on.

In regards to Kitchens, dude seems totally lost out there. The Browns have the talent just not the coach

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are darn sure supposed to be better than this but which one is really over rated Kitchens or Mayfield?

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a "fire him in the first year" guy but....

This is a team who most were picking to be a playoff team and your 2-5. A good 2-5 but still...

Something has to change. The culture needs to change. Kitchens needs to go

Neither am I, but sometimes its the only move. No need to compound a mistake

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they are darn sure supposed to be better than this but which one is really over rated Kitchens or Mayfield?

I don't recall Mayfield making these play calling decision. Draw play on 4th & 9 vs. the Rams. Towards the end of the 1st half vs. the Seahawks calls a pass play. Turnover. Leaving Wilson enough time to go down the field & put point on the board. Last Sunday taking a penalty on 4th & 11 around the 20 (Browns end of the field). Going for it on 4th & 16. Turnover on downs.

Right now I think it's more Kitchens than Mayfield. But there's no doubt Baker's going through a sophomore slump. He also deserves some blame. But not as much as Freddie.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah I’m going with coaching and front office, that oline is terrible, Mayfield is on his back 70% of the time on 3rd cause they can’t pick a damn blitz

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall Mayfield making these play calling decision. Draw play on 4th & 9 vs. the Rams. Towards the end of the 1st half vs. the Seahawks calls a pass play. Turnover. Leaving Wilson enough time to go down the field & put point on the board. Last Sunday taking a penalty on 4th & 11 around the 20 (Browns end of the field). Going for it on 4th & 16. Turnover on downs.

Right now I think it's more Kitchens than Mayfield. But there's no doubt Baker's going through a sophomore slump. He also deserves some blame. But not as much as Freddie.

I don't remember Kitchens tossing an interception to a DT either.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I’m going with coaching and front office, that oline is terrible, Mayfield is on his back 70% of the time on 3rd cause they can’t pick a damn blitz
And he holds the ball to long that does not help. Young players that are use to extending plays in college often suffer early on in their NFL Career.

And I agree coaching is the majority of the issue. In the Pats game there were a lot of penalties too and that comes down to coaching.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you say Hoop folks, is Freddy a case of one and done?

Tough call actually.

I think the media took those headliner offseason moves and proclaimed the Browns playoff worthy without REALLY looking at everything.

I say he gets fired largely because imo they will not do much better than LY and I think the expectation in the building was to improve on '18 at the very least.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The browns are where i thought they would be

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, any time I have watched the Browns or saw a Freddie Kitchens pressor, I just feel he was in no way ready to be a HC in the NFL.
Having said that, when is Dorsey gonna get some criticism for
A) making the hire instead of getting a veteran coach who can handle the heat and a young team
B) building a team of all flash and no substance (ie. big splash Odell trade when the trenches need work).

Dorsey pulled them out of the ashes and fired Hue...that should buy him 3 or 4 yrs!

I get the sense that Haslam (once part of the Steeler organization) doesn't not want to be a knee jerk response type owner...so he kept Hue Jackson after 1-32 record. After seeing a spark in '18 and some solid play from his 1st overall draft pick QB, Haslam again wanted to show some continuity so he bumped Kitchens up to HC.

Agree 100% on B....he does deserve some criticism for that. Since Joe Thomas retired, comparatively speaking they have started trash at LT.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The browns are where i thought they would be

I think a little less....after handling BAL on the road like they did, I thought they would've won at least one of the last 3 games....the SEA game was a close final score, but it wasn't that close really.

I thought they would be 3-4 about now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a little less....after handling BAL on the road like they did, I thought they would've won at least one of the last 3 games....the SEA game was a close final score, but it wasn't that close really.

I thought they would be 3-4 about now.

I had them at 2-5 TBH

Had them losing to Titans, Rams, Ravens, 49ers, & pats

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember Kitchens tossing an interception to a DT either.

One play? I'm not sure what happened there but the playcalling hasn't been good, it's been pretty atrocious actually. When your coach tells his players to get a penalty on purpose to save 30 seconds in a 2 TD game, you know things aren't working out with this current fat ass coach.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turn him over.....he's done......