• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Super Bowl XLIX tainted?

Is SB XLIX Tainted because of "deflate-gate"?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 59 83.1%

• Total voters

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the Pats have won, if in fact it is found that the Pats intentionally deflated the football in the AFC championship game, does SB XLIX get an *?

What if they don't find this? Is it still tainted in public opinion or would you accept it?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. This was a great Superbowl.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Rams and SB whatever get in here. It should be gold.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact that the Patriots crushed the Colts and won a very competitive Superbowl, it doesn't taint the victory for me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Deflategate seemed like a non-issue to me. Pats were still the team to beat this season on the AFC side after Manning got the injury. I'm just glad there was no stupid penalty in the SBOWL that skewed the game. One of the better officiated SuperBowls. Last year was good officiating as well but it didn't matter because of the score.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look who the gdamn MVP is. "Tainted?" It's a fucking shitshow. Any lover of the game should be ashamed.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If they are vindicated what shoukd they get? Defamation of character is a seriuos acusation. So since so many fans wanted their draft picks, BB suspeneded, TB out of the league, million dollar fines....

Maybe they should get a draft pick from Bal, Indy, NYJ. NFL can give them cap relief for 5 years.

I'm not saying they are innocent. Let's wait and see what the investigation comes up with.

Then we can discuss compensation for the SB champs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not tainted at all. The Pats won a good game against a good team.

Now it is breaking that only 1 ball was seriously deflated and the others were apparently barely deflated.

24-hour sports news needs a story to fill 24-hours. Thus...

Deflate-gate.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. If they are vindicated what shoukd they get? Defamation of character is a seriuos acusation. So since so many fans wanted their draft picks, BB suspeneded, TB out of the league, million dollar fines....

Maybe they should get a draft pick from Bal, Indy, NYJ. NFL can give them cap relief for 5 years.

I'm not saying they are innocent. Let's wait and see what the investigation comes up with.

Then we can discuss compensation for the SB champs.

This is even more asinine that the deflate-gate stories.

"Compensate" the Pats? Seriously?

Worst.
Idea.
Ever.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Pat's era gets an asterisk. They have shown a pattern of cheating.

But so does the entire 70's Steeler's dynasty for pioneering steroids use in the NFL.

As history has taught us, an asterisk doesn't tarnish a SB much at all.

My friend during the game wondered aloud if the reason an asterisk looks like an asshole is because it seems everyone who wants to use one is usually being one.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think if they are found to have intentionally done this, then there should be an *. That said, this would be a PR nightmare for the NFL if they found that at this point, so I don't think it will ever materialize into anything and the whole thing will be left to the court of public opinion. If that ends up being the case, I would have to give the Pats their due credit.

PS. I hope Edleman and Butler don't get those nasty cases of Measles coming out of Disneyland

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Pat's era gets an asterisk. They have shown a pattern of cheating.

But so does the entire 70's Steeler's dynasty for pioneering steroids use in the NFL.

As history has taught us, an asterisk doesn't tarnish a SB much at all.

My friend during the game wondered aloud if the reason an asterisk looks like an asshole is because it seems everyone who wants to use one is usually being one

:lol:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact that the Patriots crushed the Colts and won a very competitive Superbowl, it doesn't taint the victory for me.

I agree, the balls being deflated had no effect on the game what-so-ever. However, breaking such a rule would still be cheating- even if they lost. I think thats really the point.

That said, I will admit rule is dumb and managed poorly. Teams should just have to play with the same balls if they want a level playing field. That would also prevent issues like this from even coming up.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think if they are found to have intentionally done this, then there should be an *. That said, this would be a PR nightmare for the NFL if they found that at this point, so I don't think it will ever materialize into anything and the whole thing will be left to the court of public opinion. If that ends up being the case, I would have to give the Pats their due credit.

PS. I hope Edleman and Butler don't get those nasty cases of Measles coming out of Disneyland

They should be penalized and punished like other franchises have in the past. An * is a joke.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the balls being deflated had no effect on the game what-so-ever. However, breaking such a rule would still be cheating- even if they lost. I think thats really the point.

That said, I will admit rule is dumb and managed poorly. Teams should just have to play with the same balls if they want a level playing field. That would also prevent issues like this from even coming up.

:agree:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so. Deflategate seemed like a non-issue to me. Pats were still the team to beat this season on the AFC side after Manning got the injury. I'm just glad there was no stupid penalty in the SBOWL that skewed the game. One of the better officiated SuperBowls. Last year was good officiating as well but it didn't matter because of the score.

Even before Manning got the injury, NE crushed them this season. With a healthy Gronk and Wilfork and new receivers with a 2nd year under belt.