• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Super Bowl XLIX tainted?

Is SB XLIX Tainted because of "deflate-gate"?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 59 83.1%

• Total voters

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great game.
A miracle catch.
A bad play call.
It had highs and lows for all fans.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a very good sb and it wasnt boring like last year .. this year theses 2 teams kept us all on the edge of our seats .. now thats great football

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before Manning got the injury, NE crushed them this season. With a healthy Gronk and Wilfork and new receivers with a 2nd year under belt.

But But But they could have used a deflated football for every game except the Chiefs game. A game on the road where they had no control of the ball and look how that turned out!

:noidea:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Team A is using an under inflated ball and scores a TD, the ball is given, in most cases, to the closest official. Does that official return the ball to the Team A sideline or is it just put back in play for the ensuing conversion and kickoff?

Never really paid any attention to that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kind of does just because of the integrity issue- but I have a hard time believing the NFL can prove anything here.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all...BB will wear spygate to Canton as he should because they were warned to stop, but deflategate and Brady...if found guilty...ok he bent the rules...too many former NFL QBs have come out and said it's pretty common to doctor balls...so what if he went further than he should've...refs have the final okay on the balls so i put as some blame on them for allowing them in play.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But But But they could have used a deflated football for every game except the Chiefs game. A game on the road where they had no control of the ball and look how that turned out!

:noidea:

they played like shit the first 4 games and were lucky enough to be 2-2 at that point. had nothing to do with balls.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tainted?.....nah

If the Indy/NE game was within reach,yes,but being it wasn`t no.

But it does have an everlasting effect on Brady`s and Bill`s legacy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all...BB will wear spygate to Canton as he should because they were warned to stop, but deflategate and Brady...if found guilty...ok he bent the rules...too many former NFL QBs have come out and said it's pretty common to doctor balls...so what if he went further than he should've...refs have the final okay on the balls so i put as some blame on them for allowing them in play.

So you say its ok to cheat?

Sorry but no.
ask the pitchers what happens when they get caught doctoring balls.
Ask the pga what happens when they dr. or use illegal balls.

No its not ok.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but no.

No its not ok.

and you can keep believing all the misinformation about the deflation. makes you happy so go for it!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but no.

No its not ok.

New line You Mad Brah!!

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but no.

No its not ok.

Mmm, baseball probably not the best sport for this argument. It's pretty much a gentleman's agreement not to rat out each other's pitchers unless it is blatant and egregious (spitballs or see Pineda) especially early and late in the season as that is often when the ball is most difficult to control. Bad control, in its most extreme form, can end up hitting a guy landing him on the DL; and thus the gentlemen'a agreement to a point is created despite it technically being an act of "cheating."

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you can keep believing all the misinformation about the deflation. makes you happy so go for it!

thanks for letting me believe what I want too.......And I give you thee ok to believe what you want to also.

And did I hear correctly bill beliceks son was the ball boy of interest/

Just a story I heard.............You tell me.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New line You Mad Brah!!

Mad?

Hell no I`m not...That interception by Butler won me 800$........So you can have your SB hat and pennant.......I`ll keep my 800$.

And my buddy won 7k off that too.......so me mad........bwahahahaha............no!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm, baseball probably not the best sport for this argument. It's pretty much a gentleman's agreement not to rat out each other's pitchers unless it is blatant and egregious (spitballs or see Pineda) especially early and late in the season as that is often when the ball is most difficult to control. Bad control, in its most extreme form, can end up hitting a guy landing him on the DL; and thus the gentlemen'a agreement to a point is created despite it technically being an act of "cheating."

No one sad to rat out anyone........But what happens to a pitcher when they do get caught doctoring a baseball?

Doing that to a football is no different.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mad?

Hell no I`m not...That interception by Butler won me 800$........So you can have your SB hat and pennant.......I`ll keep my 800$.

And my buddy won 7k off that too.......so me mad........bwahahahaha............no!

Nah I dont buy hats and pennants what country you from to put $$ after the amount?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for letting me believe what I want too.......And I give you thee ok to believe what you want to also.

And did I hear correctly bill beliceks son was the ball boy of interest/

Just a story I heard.............You tell me.

his son is a coaching assistant not a ball boy, and my point is that regardless if the report comes out that the team did nothing to the footballs you won't believe it anyway.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one sad to rat out anyone........But what happens to a pitcher when they do get caught doctoring a baseball?

Correct me if wrong, but usually pitcher and catcher are handling balls, unless a foul, hr or ump switches it. The refs handle the football on every play

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would argue that it is usually nothing. The year before last pictures of Jon Lester with a mysterious green substance on his glove were all over the web- not a thing happened. Now, if the alteration of the ball leads to some sketchy movement like a spitball, that's when I'd expect a manager to call the pitcher out. I hear where you are coming from. I just think baseball is a questionable comparison, personally.

Only reason Pineda got suspended is how brazen and stupid he was about it.

Last edited by a moderator: