• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Super Bowl XLIX tainted?

Is SB XLIX Tainted because of "deflate-gate"?

• Yes

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 59 83.1%

• Total voters

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Pat's era gets an asterisk. They have shown a pattern of cheating.

But so does the entire 70's Steeler's dynasty for pioneering steroids use in the NFL.

As history has taught us, an asterisk doesn't tarnish a SB much at all.

My friend during the game wondered aloud if the reason an asterisk looks like an asshole is because it seems everyone who wants to use one is usually being one.

Haha. You root for the Vikings. Of course you're bitter.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before Manning got the injury, NE crushed them this season. With a healthy Gronk and Wilfork and new receivers with a 2nd year under belt.

I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Guess losing your starting RB and MLB for the season doesn`t carry any weight compared to poor PayAton getting hurt near the end of the year?

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be penalized and punished like other franchises have in the past. An * is a joke.

I agree, I just can't see them taking away the win or erasing the SB. It was a really good game anyway. I think the point of the * is 50-100 years from now most people aren't going to remember a fine or lost draft picks. So, it is historical marker if you will. Defiantly think the punishments should be much harsher though. I really think if you are caught cheating in a game it should be considered a forfeit of that game.

That said, if they can't prove that they measured the balls before the the game and what those measurements were, this case is closed.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was waiting for someone to bring this up. Guess losing your starting RB and MLB for the season doesn`t carry any weight compared to poor PayAton getting hurt near the end of the year?

Even before he 'got hurt" he was throwing ducks and int. I dont know why he played most of Raiders game in a blowout, should have let him rest. He moved around pretty good vs Indy, you could see Rodgers on 1 leg. I give him a lot of credit for the year he had after 4 neck surgeries, a record breaking year, and I expected him to play like he did last half of season, last year. Kudos to the man, but imo his arm is shot

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait till Rams and SB whatever get in here. It should be gold.

Kurt Warner must have hated that long walk to the podium holding the Lombardi!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even before he 'got hurt" he was throwing ducks and int. I dont know why he played most of Raiders game in a blowout, should have let him rest. He moved around pretty good vs Indy, you could see Rodgers on 1 leg. I give him a lot of credit for the year he had after 4 neck surgeries, a record breaking year, and I expected him to play like he did last half of season, last year. Kudos to the man, but imo his arm is shot

Agreed but I feel he`s a stat whore. You see it too often where at the end of the game with victory in hand he rarely allows tge back up in. He should retire before he goes out on the south side of his career.

I hope Brady will do tge same when his time comes. Would hate to see him in a different uniform putting up pedestrian seasons. Go out on top. Hope that is a long time from now.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but I feel he`s a stat whore. You see it too often where at the end of the game with victory in hand he rarely allows tge back up in. He should retire before he goes out on the south side of his career.

I hope Brady will do tge same when his time comes. Would hate to see him in a different uniform putting up pedestrian seasons. Go out on top. Hope that is a long time from now.

I doubt very highly that Brady would go to another team, he said he would retire when he was hurting team. But tha'ts right, Pats win in spite of him :doh:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should wait till the NFL completes the investigation and reports any sanctions before anything like that occurs. That being said, I'm predicting a slap on the wrist at worst because Krafts aka "assistant commish" connection with Goodell. The NFL is basically the ones who set this all in motion by allowing teams to bring their own balls to the games. They did this on purpose to artificially boost the performances of Brady and Manning. The NFL thought this would all blow over until the fumble stats bombshell was reported. That's when it blew up like a nuke.

But still, Kraft is the assistant commish. The investigation will be a joke and they'll release a bunch bullshit excuses. A few token scapegoats like the guy who handled the Patriots balls pregame will be blamed, while the true perps will get a pass.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just can't see them taking away the win or erasing the SB. It was a really good game anyway. I think the point of the * is 50-100 years from now most people aren't going to remember a fine or lost draft picks. So, it is historical marker if you will. Defiantly think the punishments should be much harsher though. I really think if you are caught cheating in a game it should be considered a forfeit of that game.

That said, if they can't prove that they measured the balls before the the game and what those measurements were, this case is closed.

You mean like the Black Sox scandal? the Steroids era? Those are likely to be remembered. Maybe it's because these crimes aren't as terrible as many think. If they cheating they should be fined and punished with a punishment appropriate to the crime. No public hangings please.

Sorry. I think there's a problem with responding immediately to "public" opinion which is what happened with this. It's imprecise, it's over-emotional and just as often it's wrong. So no I think it would be stupid. Look what happening with college sports and them taking away titles for basically crap. It's stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Not at all.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should wait till the NFL completes the investigation and reports any sanctions before anything like that occurs. That being said, I'm predicting a slap on the wrist at worst because Krafts aka "assistant commish" connection with Goodell. The NFL is basically the ones who set this all in motion by allowing teams to bring their own balls to the games. They did this on purpose to artificially boost the performances of Brady and Manning. The NFL thought this would all blow over until the fumble stats bombshell was reported. That's when it blew up like a nuke.

But still, Kraft is the assistant commish. The investigation will be a joke and they'll release a bunch bullshit excuses. A few token scapegoats like the guy who handled the Patriots balls pregame will be blamed, while the true perps will get a pass.

More physical team won yesterday, thats what happens when you play in a soft Conf. Hope those 2 Seattle players are ok and the fight afterwords wasn't cool, stay classy

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in the least.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.......hey dude,......anything else you wanna get off your chest = dez Bryant's dropped ball..?,...JJ's toupe...?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two best teams met in the SB and there is no reason whatsoever to think that the Pats didn't win it fair and square so...

...No, it's not tainted in my mind (as much as I would like it to be).