• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russell Wilson's Magic gone?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fortunate to be on a team with the most dominating defense in the NFL the past two seasons.
No problem G&G. You feel Romo produced and Russell didn't.

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks' failures this season are all on the GM and front office. I thought the Jimmy Graham trade made absolutely no sense. I think Their inability to take care of their players had an effect on the team's swagger. I blame the front office entirely for trying to make this offense more pass oriented. Jimmy Graham is the worst possible fit for that offense. And they could really use Max Unger right now. The Jimmy Graham trade, along with the contract issues with Wilson and Chancellor really ruined the 'Hawks this year.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things have stood out to me this year about Wilson's game (in a bad way, that is ..)

His touchdown/turnover ratio seems to be significantly worse than any of his first three seasons (mostly because his TD% is way down, I think).

And he's misfired passes to open receivers more this year than any other (just my impression; not sure if the stats would back that up).

I do think that Darryl Bevell may be holding him (and the offense) back a little too. Stubbornly sticking to that slow-paced, clock-draining, ball-control philosophy seems to siphon most of the energy from the offense. The Hawks offense has looked the best this year when Wilson has been playing aggressively with a lot of energy, which has happened only when they have been in more of a 'hurry up' mode. You can see the difference in Wilson-- how aggressively he's looking to attack defenses, make plays with his legs as well as his arm, forcing defenses to make adjustments for that, and then attacking the vulnerabilities that come out of those adjustments.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the blink of an eye the Hawks could go on a winning streak.
There is playing bad football and then there is losing tough games.

It's been mostly the latter.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was Russell Wilson ever "magic?"

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seahawks' failures this season are all on the GM and front office. I thought the Jimmy Graham trade made absolutely no sense. I think Their inability to take care of their players had an effect on the team's swagger. I blame the front office entirely for trying to make this offense more pass oriented. Jimmy Graham is the worst possible fit for that offense. And they could really use Max Unger right now. The Jimmy Graham trade, along with the contract issues with Wilson and Chancellor really ruined the 'Hawks this year.

Good Point. I was one of the huge supporter of getting Jimmy but look what it cost us.

Our best OL (because the only way OKung can play is being strapped to a gurney)
a 1st (something we could have used to get a good CB or great OL)

Jimmy looks like a fish out of water here

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread should be.. Has Richard Sherman lost his mojo? He got burnt on that TD. He got flagged.

Russell and this entire team had nowhere to go but down. Can't expect a team to kick ass like they have for 4 years with Zero injuries and lots of turnover on the Oline. No idea why they don't throw to Jimmy G.

We fans expect a bit too much at times. Unless you are a Rams fan.. Then you really have no expectations besides effort. :tsk:

Wtf is Tavon Austin's problem? He's killing me in fantasy. Never know if I should start him or sit him.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm blinking right now....

Nope, they are still average at best....

The entire NFC has just 5 teams above .500 The AFC has just 3. 22 of 32 teams are playing below .500

What label they are given is irrelevant to me.. They have a good chance of taking advantage of the situation.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on the Seattle board where some fans are talking about throwing it in for the season and then use the rest of the season to try and develop Wilson and see if he can be taught or try to develop new abilities.

The question that came to my head it would you pay a guy around $20 mil a year if you did not already know these things?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading on the Seattle board where some fans are talking about throwing it in for the season and then use the rest of the season to try and develop Wilson and see if he can be taught or try to develop new abilities.

The question that came to my head it would you pay a guy around $20 mil a year if you did not already know these things?

How dare you use what we were talking about in our private team board against us? ;)

To answer your question. Look at the stuff he does do. People have been saying it here when talking about him. He's one of a kind with what he does. If he learns how to be a pocket Qb, we got the best of both worlds.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you use what we were talking about in our private team board against us? ;)

To answer your question. Look at the stuff he does do. People have been saying it here when talking about him. He's one of a kind with what he does. If he learns how to be a pocket Qb, we got the best of both worlds.

Can he develop those abilities though? I think his physical limitations hinder some of that. As much as I know Seattle fans hate this there is a reason coaches like the taller QB's. Coaches and scouts both have said that at Wisconsin and now in Seattle Russell Wilson does struggle some to throw over the middle not because he can't but they wonder how well he trusts his eyes throwing to that area of the field. This also makes him want to move out of the pocket a lot quicker so that he can get a better view of what is happening down the field. While I don't think Seattle has a great OL I do think Russell Wilson makes life much tougher on those guys because of these reasons.

I would say the other area for Wilson is that of timing routes. He just doesn't seem to use them as much as other QB's. This would help him out a bunch with taking less hits if they could have better timing routes figured out and like most pocket passers get rid of the ball pretty much as soon as it is snapped because they are trusting their WR or whoever to be where they need to be. They are throwing to a spot instead of essentially watching a WR and waiting for them to get open.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But a mistake I love.
IMO, half of a season does not constitute a mistake. Take the QB you root for as a terrible example of a contract.
Romo's age and injury history is $15M cap hit this year with $46M in dead cap $ if he is unable to play going forward. Next year is a $21M cap hit and the dead $ on his contract drops to $32M. That is a mistake, huge considering his lack of accomplishment. Kind of a Cutler deal.
RW, has made virtually every snap so injury history does not apply.This years cap hit $7M with $32M dead. Next year, $18.5M hit, and dead drops to $25M.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf is Tavon Austin's problem? He's killing me in fantasy. Never know if I should start him or sit him.

Need a true #1 WR to take the attention off of Tavon. Plus Foles hasn't been good and our Oline is really young and not as good as the FO had hoped.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have idiots and trolls on our board, just like anywhere else. Only guys like yourself looking for negative angles take shit like that seriously.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle fans are an emotionally fragile lot given to hyperbole and hysterical over-reaction.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, half of a season does not constitute a mistake. Take the QB you root for as a terrible example of a contract.
Romo's age and injury history is $15M cap hit this year with $46M in dead cap $ if he is unable to play going forward. Next year is a $21M cap hit and the dead $ on his contract drops to $32M. That is a mistake, huge considering his lack of accomplishment. Kind of a Cutler deal.
RW, has made virtually every snap so injury history does not apply.This years cap hit $7M with $32M dead. Next year, $18.5M hit, and dead drops to $25M.

Do you see me arguing?