• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russell Wilson's Magic gone?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times is he out of position? Screw him. His holdout put a stank on this team.

He's around the ball literally every single play. You trade him, have fun rebuilding your secondary around and undersized corner that just happens to play safety. He's a great athlete and playmaker, don't get me wrong, but Thomas is a bit overrated you have to admit.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times is he out of position? Screw him. His holdout put a stank on this team.

I seriously see him around almost every play

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have other issues , Russ isn't one of them...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $60 million+ going to RW is indeed a problem, whether my fellow fans want to admit it or not.

It has been a good run.

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson is garbage. Noodle arm, late reads and throws, and refuses to stay in the pocket. Makes the OL look much worse than it is since he's always outside of their protection zones. $62M guaranteed wasted on a game manager who can't make NFL reads or throws.

He's not alone however. Lynch is done, Thomas and Sherman have been hideous, Graham doesn't fit the scheme, and the DL has been pathetic. And it was Kam's selfish actions that started the bus. Basically, the highest 7 paid players on the team have all been atrocious.

OC and DC are both terrible as well. Carroll's at the head of a sinking ship.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things wrong with the team this year

Russell hasn't been spectacular but he's near the bottom of the list in terms of our biggest issues/problems with the team

I'd rank them as follows

1) Offensive Line
- Highest rate of sacks given up per pass attempt and penalty prone

2) Holes in the secondary
- Cary Williams continuously gets torched. Not having Lane as the nickel corner has hurt the Hawks and allowed many teams to convert on crucial third downs.

3) Inability to finish games
- 5 losses were games where the Seahawks led in the 4th.

4) Conservative Playcalling
- You saw it today. Seahawks didn't open up the playbook and let Russell be Russell until it was 0-19. I don't understand why we can't come out the gate firing on all cylinders.

5) Russell Wilson's sporadic scrambling/lack of pocket awareness
- 80 % of the sacks/penalties have been on the Oline. The other 20 % is on Russell Wilson who at times runs into rushers and creates pressure when there isn't any. There have been many missed opportunities for big plays because of Russell's inability to step up or slide in the pocket to evade pressure. Sometimes buying just 1-2 extra seconds allows the play to develop and the big play to hit a WR for a first down is there. Many of those opportunities have been missed because Russell has opted to scramble prematurely.

There are obvious limitations to Russell's game given his height but with a good offensive line he wouldn't have to worry about constantly running for his life. Russell Wilson is the same Russell Wilson of the past 3 seasons. Seahawks just need to do a better job of protecting him and putting together an actual offensive line.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to hard to say with all of the problems this team has faced this season.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole team looks like a shell of itself, his WRs would maybe start for 3 or 4 other teams. His OL sucks, his OC sucks (I've been there, he runs the offense like he's still the QB at a mid-90s Wisconsin team.) and his defense is struggling big time.

I'm not saying Seattle needs to blow it up, but Arizona isn't going anywhere and St. Louis, despite what happened today, has some good pieces in place.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of things wrong with the team this year

3) Inability to finish games
- 5 losses were games where the Seahawks led in the 4th.

this is the one I can't wrap my head around. I want to blame the offense and the o-line, in particular, for where the team is but I just go back to us having the lead, in the 4th quarter, in all of our loses and the defense blowing it.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's cool. But to respond. They paid every other player more than him. Which is a slap in the face if you ask me. Maybe you can argue that Wagner or Bennett are more valuable to the team. But everyone saw how bad Thomas and Sherman looked without Kam back there. I think it's pretty clear that he deserves more than them.
Not knowing, let me ask: Did he get paid before everyone, and then everyone else signed the same year, months later in the year, or did they get contracts later say a year after? It makes a big difference because each year salaries bump. Sometimes a lot. Heck, even in the SAME year, it can happen if a player signs before F/A and then F/A hits, and a bidding war erupts or one stupid team overpays for a marginal player immediately bumping up salaries for everyone who is "better".

Also, if he's being paid at the top of his position, it shouldn't matter what anyone else on the defense is making. Positions are paid at different rates. I get that it's not "fair", but you're not going to pay a DT the same as a LB, the same as a CB, etc..etc...

If he was being paid what he wanted, and now he's not he has to realize that when you sign a contract today, someone else might get paid more tomorrow. That's just the nature of ANY business. If he's truly that bent because of not getting paid, then he's a lot more selfish than people think, and no wonder it has led to a possible division in the locker room.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not knowing, let me ask: Did he get paid before everyone, and then everyone else signed the same year, months later in the year, or did they get contracts later say a year after? It makes a big difference because each year salaries bump. Sometimes a lot. Heck, even in the SAME year, it can happen if a player signs before F/A and then F/A hits, and a bidding war erupts or one stupid team overpays for a marginal player immediately bumping up salaries for everyone who is "better".

Also, if he's being paid at the top of his position, it shouldn't matter what anyone else on the defense is making. Positions are paid at different rates. I get that it's not "fair", but you're not going to pay a DT the same as a LB, the same as a CB, etc..etc...

If he was being paid what he wanted, and now he's not he has to realize that when you sign a contract today, someone else might get paid more tomorrow. That's just the nature of ANY business. If he's truly that bent because of not getting paid, then he's a lot more selfish than people think, and no wonder it has led to a possible division in the locker room.

He agreed upon a raise. A year later he cried about it. He held out until they gave in to his demands. Joke's on Seattle. They should have told him to pound sand. They're gonna miss the playoffs while paying him more money.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The $60 million+ going to RW is indeed a problem, whether my fellow fans want to admit it or not.

It has been a good run.
I agree. It's a problem because if you are going to pay a QB a ton of money, they have to be the kind of QB to carry a team.

The same has been said of Dalton, before this year. When he got the extension last year, people were not happy because it's a lot of money to pay a guy who has to be carried by a strong defense/running game. To his credit, this year he has been on fire, and has absolutely carried this team.

Now, Dalton's contract is more incentive laden, and I'm not sure how it compares to RW's contract, so in reality, Dalton's contract is extremely team friendly. But, the fact remains, that when you devote a large chunk of the payroll to a QB, he better be able to win you games, pick up the team on his shoulders, and carry that team for stretches when needed. If he can't do that, then it's a lot of money for a team that ends up 8-8.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously see him around almost every play

Agreed... How many times did we see Kam absolutely stuff Chris Johnson last night with Fitz trying to block him? Kam is our best DB... Sherman is turning out to be the worst of the 3 amigos...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just seems like a very average QB this year. In years past he always had an "it" factor to him. Now he seems lost.

RW was never a special OFC player so I'm not sure if he's the reason behind them being 4-5...but in the 5 losses...the points against are un Seattle like.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thread should be.. Has Richard Sherman lost his mojo? He got burnt on that TD. He got flagged.

Russell and this entire team had nowhere to go but down. Can't expect a team to kick ass like they have for 4 years with Zero injuries and lots of turnover on the Oline. No idea why they don't throw to Jimmy G.

We fans expect a bit too much at times. Unless you are a Rams fan.. Then you really have no expectations besides effort. :tsk: