• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russel Wilson an ELITE QB?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I seeing this correctly? Someone is calling someone a delusional homer why saying Romo is more consistent and I believe saying better than RW while being a Cowboys fan.:L

Hbomb

Mobile Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,923.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is elite in terms of his ability to win games.

He's won more games in his first 2 years than any QB in the history of the NFL.

But lost twice as many as Otto Graham did in his first two years in the NFL.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I seeing this correctly? Someone is calling someone a delusional homer why saying Romo is more consistent and I believe saying better than RW while being a Cowboys fan.:L

I said he was more efficient last season... and backed it up. Romo is a better QB than Wilson... and I hate Romo.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may become one someday, but right now he is as elite as Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett, Brad Johnson and Doug Williams.......And just about as likely to end up similar IMO.....
He did a great job last year but whenever you have as dominant a defense as they have that keeps shortening the field and scoring points, along with a powerful run game, you have to consider that the wins are more credited to that than the qb play.....

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never give Wilson the respect he probably deserves. And I probably do it for the same reasons people don't give Ben the respect he deserves.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never give Wilson the respect he probably deserves. And I probably do it for the same reasons people don't give Ben the respect he deserves.
How sad.

:bawling:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may become one someday, but right now he is as elite as Trent Dilfer, Jim Plunkett, Brad Johnson and Doug Williams.......And just about as likely to end up similar IMO.....

:doh:

I'll leave Plunkett alone because he played in a different era.

Trent Dilfer's best year as a passer was 1997 the year he made the Pro Bowl. His line was

2555 yards 56% completion 21 TDs and 11 ints for a impressive 82 passer rating

Here's Brad Johnson's line...

3049 yards 62% 22 TDs 6 picks 93 passer rating.

Neither year was as good as either year for Wilson.

Now I realize you are probably just trolling here but explain why Wilson is likely to be like Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer or Doug Williams? Other than the fact that they all won Super Bowls, I feel to see any comparison.

He did a great job last year but whenever you have as dominant a defense as they have that keeps shortening the field and scoring points, along with a powerful run game, you have to consider that the wins are more credited to that than the qb play.....

Right. So Wilson's performances don't count because his team was good. Makes perfect sense.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly the question was is he elite?

For some reason if a non hawks fan says he isn't elite we are all haters & bashing Wilson.
It is possible to be a good Qb & not be considered elite.

Just because a Qb has good seasons doesn't mean he is elite & if it does, then a ton of QBs are elite & now elite isn't special anymore, in which case means they aren't elite.

&
for all the hawk fans with luck envy. I don't think Luck is elite either. ( & this isn't bashing luck or Wilson)

You speak in generalizations.
Since we won the Lombardi, many have lumped us together. I suppose the disdain comes from winning and creating jealousy.
Whether or not I consider RW elite is not relevant. I would not trade him straight up for ANY QB in the NFL. I expect some of you will now misconstrue my words saying I think RW is the best QB in the NFL.
Carry on...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly my point he has so few 300 pass games because of the system... the system is great defense and run the ball. Wilson doesn't put the team on his back and therefore isn't elite in my opinion. Nothing more nothing less.

When he needs to, he does with regularity. Luckily for Seattle fans, it is not often that RW needs to carry the team.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. I do not believe anyone is that foolish.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he needs to, he does with regularity. Luckily for Seattle fans, it is not often that RW needs to carry the team.

I guess I don't see it that way. I get stuck with watching the Seahawks every week and the two games that jump out to me was the Colts game and the Cardinals game last season. The team needed some help on offense and he played pretty mediocre if not worse. Consequently, the Seahawks last those two games. Luckily, like you just said... the Seahawks have a great system in place ... and they don't have to rely on Wilson.... and they ended up hoisting the Lombardi because of it.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I don't see it that way. I get stuck with watching the Seahawks every week and the two games that jump out to me was the Colts game and the Cardinals game last season. The team needed some help on offense and he played pretty mediocre if not worse. Consequently, the Seahawks last those two games. Luckily, like you just said... the Seahawks have a great system in place ... and they don't have to rely on Wilson.... and they ended up hoisting the Lombardi because of it.

Kinda cherry picking games there. We could instead talk about the Panthers game or the Bucs or the Niners game.

I could point to bad games for every QB.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both games you cited Seattle had the lead late and the defense couldn't hold it. Funny how every loss is on the offense and every win is on the defense except when you look at the actual games and how they ended.

Rams and Texans games come to mind that season too. Both games they were down by 17 or more as the defense didn't play well early and the offense struggled. Both games the offense came to life and were instrumental in the comeback wins. Of course the defense also did their part to right the ship in those as well, but Wilson was not absent.

Every great QB has bad games and Wilson is no exception. But tell us how he cost them those games and how every other game was the defense and running carrying them.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

Right. So Wilson's performances don't count because his team was good. Makes perfect sense

It's not they don't count...RW made plays for that OFC...but his role...(really any QB besides Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers) is to play mistake free football, make the throws down field when they are called...you're not going to be viewed in the same light as a QB that wins and loses on his arm.

But I'm not sure why that matters...the guy can play...I don't believe any QB would've won the SB on that team...he's going to get a Kaep type contract, his performance is right up there in the top 10 in the NFL...but if he had to throw it 30 times a game to win football games the question is legit...we haven't seen him do it on a consistent basis.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. You must have expected Seattle to go 16-0 or 15-1 in the regular season.
Indy road game was tough. Barely over 200 yards passing and completed under 50% IIRC. Yet, he ran the ball for over 100 yards extending the lead to 8 in the 3rd QTR.
If our D could have held up, that would have been a W.
Az, was just plain ugly. RW had a bad game.
Heads up. You can cherry pick a couple of bad games for anyone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not they don't count...RW made plays for that OFC...but his role...(really any QB besides Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers) is to play mistake free football, make the throws down field when they are called...you're not going to be viewed in the same light as a QB that wins and loses on his arm.

But I'm not sure why that matters...the guy can play...I don't believe any QB would've won the SB on that team...he's going to get a Kaep type contract, his performance is right up there in the top 10 in the NFL...but if he had to throw it 30 times a game to win football games the question is legit...we haven't seen him do it on a consistent basis.

The question is why haven't you seen him throw 30+. The problem we fans have seen over and over (at least the last couple of years) is times where none of the receivers get any separation and many many plays where Wilson can't drop back and set before the line is fully collapsed. They had a lot of injuries on the line last year and it was a line that when fully healthy was only so-so at best in pass protection. Of course it was geared for the run.

So when actually asked to pass he had to try to find a receiver that wasn't covered while running for his life... and did that better than anyone else. His stats working under blown plays is sick.

The original point of this article was is he ready to take the step you all think he needs to? Harvin back and fully healthy (for now anyway) and a revamped line.

I won't presume to know the future and injuries are always a story on every team. I will say I like our chances of that offense stays relatively healthy and Wilson now has open targets to throw to and more than 1.5 seconds in the pocket to do so.