• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the Jets Offense Fixable, Even With Rodgers at QB?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breece Hall has looked more like a 3rd down back in recent games. He's a great backfield receiver but his rushing in the last five games?
10-23 2.3 ypc
13-28 2.1 ypc
16-50 3.1 ypc
12-17 1.4 ypc
12-39 3.3 ypc
5 game total 63-147 2.3 ypc

You can blame it on poor blocking, tough defenses, poor play calling, maybe unpublicized nagging injuries, or whatever. But, the good RBs rise above adversity. The early excitement over Hall as a rusher, based a few games last year and, in reality , only two good rushing games this year, seems to have been premature.

If Garrett Wilson is double-teamed, there isn't much left. Conklin and Lazard get occasional targets but they are average receivers at best.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to say. Aikman wasn't much without Emmitt and Emmitt had the best oline in the history of football.

Me? I'd take Hall over many.

THE WORST..and i mean worst thing people do is label someone over a short amount of time.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets would be better with Rodgers, but yeah they still have issues on offense aside from QB. I think their O-Line is a major concern, it’s not a very strong unit. I think Breece Hall will be fine, he’s a good rusher IMO, but they need more receivers behind Garrett Wilson. I think O-Line and receiver are the units that the Jets need to work on boosting this offseason. But QB is the most important position and a good QB would help the Jets tremendously.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are very obviously better with Rodgers. More of an issue of if they can keep a 40 YO Rodgers healthy with that OL.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you put Rodgers back out there behind that line, Jets could be liable for gross negligence

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Rodgers is a thousand times better, even at 40, as anybody else in that QB room. That's a no-brainer but I've maintained from the start that the Jets WR room is very average outside of Wilson and there are a lot of problems on that offense that need to be addressed. As good as Rodgers is (although how good that might actually be is debatable at his age), he's not enough to overcome the lack of talent around him to make them somehow 4-5 wins better to be an actual contender. No QB really is though so not necessarily a knock on Rodgers. And yeah, the defense is really good but they can't carry the team without some help. And before anybody chimes in with the yeah but the 85 Bears and 00 Ravens, just stop. It's a completely different game now and as good as the Jets D is, it ain't those teams.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breece Hall has looked more like a 3rd down back in recent games. He's a great backfield receiver but his rushing in the last five games?
10-23 2.3 ypc
13-28 2.1 ypc
16-50 3.1 ypc
12-17 1.4 ypc
12-39 3.3 ypc
5 game total 63-147 2.3 ypc

You can blame it on poor blocking, tough defenses, poor play calling, maybe unpublicized nagging injuries, or whatever. But, the good RBs rise above adversity. The early excitement over Hall as a rusher, based a few games last year and, in reality , only two good rushing games this year, seems to have been premature.

If Garrett Wilson is double-teamed, there isn't much left. Conklin and Lazard get occasional targets but they are average receivers at best.
make that 6 consecutive games with a poor rushing performance.
6 games
70 rushes
172 yards
2.46 years per carry.

They need a featured back and move Hall to 3rd down back. This guy just isn't cutting it on first and second down.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm, maybe it should start with the OC who was clearly unfairly treated in his last job.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm, maybe it should start with the OC who was clearly unfairly treated in his last job.
Nah. They have no QB and they have no offensive line. I don’t know how you’re supposed to run offense with that. But I get it. You have an agenda and you’re pretty hype right now over your 5-5 team

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL is pretty bad....should have been addressed in the offseason. And Boyle and Wilson are garbage. Siemian should be starting pretty soon if Douglas and Saleh want to try and save their jobs.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. They have no QB and they have no offensive line. I don’t know how you’re supposed to run offense with that. But I get it. You have an agenda and you’re pretty hype right now over your 5-5 team
Leave it to you to continue to suck off Hackett despite all the evidence that he actually sucks as an OC. But ya sure the reason they’re a historically bad Offense has nothing to do with the coach and all because of the players.

Denver being a night and day difference Offense this year has absolutely nothing do with not having Hackett this year despite the Offensive roster being 95% the exact same as last year.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to you to continue to suck off Hackett despite all the evidence that he actually sucks as an OC.
I made no comment in favor or against Hackett. I’m pointing out that this is qualified as inapplicable because they don’t even have NFL quality personnel on the field.
But ya sure the reason they’re a historically bad Offense has nothing to do with the coach and all because of the players.
Who said that? You’re very good at building straw men. There are a ton of reasons why the Jets offense is a mess. You get pretty far along on the list before you even mention the offensive coaching staff
Denver being a night and day difference Offense this year has absolutely nothing do with not having Hackett this year despite the Offensive roster being 95% the exact same as last year.
Meh. Denver is a mediocre, middle of the road offense 15th in the league PPG. That makes sense because they’re a mediocre team.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle starting vs the Falcons.

SMH.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to you to continue to suck off Hackett despite all the evidence that he actually sucks as an OC. But ya sure the reason they’re a historically bad Offense has nothing to do with the coach and all because of the players.

Put Rodgers in there and the Jets are fine....

Boyle and Wilson aren't NFL caliber starters....

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made no comment in favor or against Hackett. I’m pointing out that this is qualified as inapplicable because they don’t even have NFL quality personnel on the field.

Who said that? You’re very good at building straw men. There are a ton of reasons why the Jets offense is a mess. You get pretty far along on the list before you even mention the offensive coaching staff

Meh. Denver is a mediocre, middle of the road offense 15th in the league PPG. That makes sense because they’re a mediocre team.
Is 15th this year without Hackett better than 29th last year with Hackett? I’m very curious on your answer.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Rodgers in there and the Jets are fine....

Boyle and Wilson aren't NFL caliber starters....
So then the Offensive Line isn’t an issue then if all it would take is a HOF level QB to make them better than the dog crap they are now.

If you’re just a QB away then the existing players and coaches don’t matter.