• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russel Wilson an ELITE QB?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW... You ever talk bad about Mark Brunell again I will slap the taste out of your mouth!!!

U DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUB

LOL!

I went to the UW so I am allowed.

Brunell was a pretty good pro QB, but I am already of the opinion that Wilson is better.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to watch more of Russell Wilson... Did you see Seattle's o-line at times last year? I honestly don't think you've watched him enough...

Yes, his scrambling negates it. Rodgers puts up with the same crappy o line, but he makes plays with his arm in the process. Wilson doesn't do that. Well just have to agree to disagree. I don't think Wilson is near elite. He could prove me wrong, but I think I see Seattle fans being disappointed in a few years when the team gets older, goes through coaching changes and Wilson starts looking much more vulnerable. We can argue until were blue in the face and but I still won't see him as elite. Let's revisit this debate when the Seahawks start going downhill. They're peaking right now.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB is a game manager, I agree with that. But some QBs can be put into an offense that is incomplete and run it to become better than the sum of all of its parts. They can make an ordinary oc look like a genius. Wilson doesn't do that. Wilson plays within the offense, and the offense is built for his skill set by an oc that knows Wilson's strengths. He doesn't make plays with his arm. He can make plays open up with his legs, and even scamper for a few yards, but if his offensive coordinator was someone like Ron turner or Mike Martz, Wilson would be an after thought throughout the league. Every throw I see him make is a throw to a player the play was designed for. That's what a game manager does. What makes him better than almost all game managers is his ability to scramble out of the pocket which makes it easier for him to throw it away if nothing opens up. Call it what you want, and maybe game manager is the same thing to me as a system QB, which is a term I hate, but Wilson is not elite. He's above average for sure, but he's not elite. Well have to see later on in his career though when the defense starts to deteriorate and the running game starts to break down. Personally, I have a hunch that if his oc leaves next year we will start to see him less able to move the ball. He could become elite, but he hasn't shown it to me yet.

You speak of the OC, but I'd like your opinion of the Seahawk OC. (Go ahead and do a google search). Is our OC head coach material? Is he average? Does RW make him better or does our OC make RW better. Which one is it? You can't have it both ways, which you are trying to do.

Yes, he is head coach material. His play calling was phenomenal. When he leaves, I think Wilson's play goes downhill. I don't know what you're hinting at when I can't have it both ways. It seems straightforward to me. Russell Wilson looks good with this oc, but once the oc leaves, Wilson looks less able to move the ball.

Maybe when I said him you thought I was talking about the oc. I was talking about Russell Wilson's play deteriorating.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First highlighted part. "They can make ordinary OC 's look genius. "
RW Does exactly that. If you watched Seahawk football you would clearly know that RW makes his OC look way better than he is. Not the other way.

It is simple. I get that you don't see the whole picture. But RW Makes our offense. Not the OC.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every QB is a game manager, I agree with that. But some QBs can be put into an offense that is incomplete and run it to become better than the sum of all of its parts. They can make an ordinary oc look like a genius. Wilson doesn't do that. Wilson plays within the offense, and the offense is built for his skill set by an oc that knows Wilson's strengths. He doesn't make plays with his arm. He can make plays open up with his legs, and even scamper for a few yards, but if his offensive coordinator was someone like Ron turner or Mike Martz, Wilson would be an after thought throughout the league. Every throw I see him make is a throw to a player the play was designed for. That's what a game manager does. What makes him better than almost all game managers is his ability to scramble out of the pocket which makes it easier for him to throw it away if nothing opens up. Call it what you want, and maybe game manager is the same thing to me as a system QB, which is a term I hate, but Wilson is not elite. He's above average for sure, but he's not elite. Well have to see later on in his career though when the defense starts to deteriorate and the running game starts to break down. Personally, I have a hunch that if his oc leaves next year we will start to see him less able to move the ball. He could become elite, but he hasn't shown it to me yet.

54062455.jpg

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson plays on an elite team. Put him on the Browns, Dolphins, J-ville, Oak, etc. and he is average at best.

His numbers last night look mostly average, against the highly rated D of the Packers

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, his scrambling negates it. Rodgers puts up with the same crappy o line, but he makes plays with his arm in the process. Wilson doesn't do that. Well just have to agree to disagree. I don't think Wilson is near elite. He could prove me wrong, but I think I see Seattle fans being disappointed in a few years when the team gets older, goes through coaching changes and Wilson starts looking much more vulnerable. We can argue until were blue in the face and but I still won't see him as elite. Let's revisit this debate when the Seahawks start going downhill. They're peaking right now.

Remember Wilson is only in his 3rd season as a starter... His rookie season he tied Manning TD record for a rookie, Seattle got there first road playoff win since 1983... he also led one of the biggest comebacks in NFL history with Seattle down 20 in the 4th quarter to Atlanta in the playoffs, our D blew it in the final 25 seconds.... So basically we went from a 7-9 non playoff team to 25 seconds away from the NFC title game his rookie season.... Seattle was also 7-9 with Veteran Matt Hasselbeck the year prior and we only made the playoffs because our division was just bad that year... I'm telling you bro your wrong about Wilson the dude is scary good.... He's only gonna improve.

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB...Idk the number, but I wouldn't argue against 25%

FTR...the only reason I interjected Ryan into this was style of OFC as a comparison to RW's style of OFC...did not intent to drill down into his stats....the stats in this pass happy NFL really don't mean a whole lot which is why I think the term elite has to be defined by more than #s....can your QB bring you back down 2 scores in the 4th with 6 mins left? 2 min play, 3rd and passing down, performance in elimination games

Stafford...great talent, but he's not as good as he thinks he is imo...his gunslinger mentality tends to hurt the team at crucial times...he was the same way @ UGA. He needs a HC that can rein him in...learn that punting is okay...preserving a FG is better than trying to force 6 sometimes.

Very good point .... :suds:

Shield-Thread Killa

Tribal Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 876.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is BEAST and HOFer...

He will break some records before his short ass is done...

Top FIVE QB at the moment...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frigging Russell Wilson is so over rated. Obviously any QB could do what he does. He had nothing to do with the Seahawks scoring 36 points last night. That was all on the defense.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall the first play, but the second play you talk about just about any player in the nfl could've made. That was all about the play call. And Wilson is far from top five. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, And Peyton are all on another level. Roethlisburger, Eli, Cam, Ryan, Stafford, and a few others are all better in my book too.

I'll agree about the first 4 but I'd take RW over the second tier any day of the week. Eli Cam Ryan Stafford really? Last 3 haven't accomplished shit and Eli is hit or miss, really good in post-season but stinks it up in reg season, polar opposite of his brother.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under 200 yards... supported by a great rushing attack and defense... and Wilson protects the ball. I stand by my comments.

Stop watching real football and play Madden, or maybe your a FB fantasy guy. 0 T/O 2 tds thats what you have to look at. Usually the guys who turn it over a lot , have to throw up big no#s to play catch up. I remember a game last year with my Pats, that when Blount was in the zone, Brady kept chucking him the rock. He had over 200 yards on the ground , so keep going to the well. Only QB's with big ego's would worry about their stats , yards and TD's and not just the overall well being of team. Wilson is poised to win and a team first guy

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if elite applies but Wilson is clearly something special.

How could you not love the player and his approach to football? Love the fact he ends every press conference and interview with Go Hawks.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree about the first 4 but I'd take RW over the second tier any day of the week. Eli Cam Ryan Stafford really? Last 3 haven't accomplished shit and Eli is hit or miss, really good in post-season but stinks it up in reg season, polar opposite of his brother.

Agreed... I don't think it's even a question whether Wilson is better or as good as the top elite guys... Those top tier qb's have earned those stripes and have been at it for years... Russ has only completed 2 full seasons... He needs more time on his resume... But calling Wilson a game manager at this point is absurd...

LooseChange

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'm ready to put Wilson in the company of the elite quite yet because he does benefit from playing with one of the top RBs in the NFL and the best defense. However, Wilson does excel at a lot of things and doesn't make mistakes. For the Seahawks to be successful, they don't need Wilson to do everything. But I like Wilson a lot.

always

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... I don't think it's even a question whether Wilson is better or as good as the top elite guys... Those top tier qb's have earned those stripes and have been at it for years... Russ has only completed 2 full seasons... He needs more time on his resume... But calling Wilson a game manager at this point is absurd...

Yes. I think it's pretty clear that Wilson can make plays. That's what makes the Hawks so scary. Their defense and run game is so strong, but they also have a very good QB back there too.

I don't he's an elite QB yet though.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How could you not love the player and his approach to football? Love the fact he ends every press conference and interview with Go Hawks.

It's funny because it shows his mental consistency, he says it every single time since day 1... There is a mental aspect to it....

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't care less if he's elite or not but this offense is going to be tough to stop with a Lynch/Wilson/Harvin combo. That fly sweep with Harvin is going to make lb'ers lives hell because they have to bite on it when it's shown and we Lynch with the counter on the fake. That's what the offense did in the 2nd half and they creamed the Packers with it.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea ....never noticed that till that pre game segment yesterday.