• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Russel Wilson an ELITE QB?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he's in the elite category just yet but one thing for sure...he's not paid like the elite's are. But that will change once his rookie contract is up. And will he get a better deal than what the 49ers gave Kap?

With a SB ring he'll get more guaranteed money, better structured I would have to think, but overall probably similar top end.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like there is another acolyte in the Church of Wilson...

Seven NFL predictions for 2014 - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
2. Russell Wilson will be elite

By the time the 2014 season is over, the Seahawks quarterback will no longer be the target of condescending compliments. He won't be known as a winner, a game manager or surprisingly strong-armed for his size. No, Wilson will be one regarded as one of the absolute best quarterbacks -- and passers -- in the NFL. Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees will have no choice but to let him into their club.

This preseason, Wilson looked like a PhD student who has submitted his dissertation. Preseason results are to be taken lightly -- sorry, just expunging the final drops of condescension -- but Wilson was the best NFL player on the field this summer. He accounted for six touchdowns in three games while completing 31 of 37 passes for 400 yards. Wilson looked for all the world like a player on the brink of an individual breakout, one that will force the Seahawks to place him among the league's highest-paid players when he's eligible for a contract extension this spring.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a great example of what I was talking about.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get an elite salary, I think he's an elite in the game intellectually.....but I wouldn't say he has elite physical talent. He's Seattle's Joe Flacco.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get an elite salary, I think he's an elite in the game intellectually.....but I wouldn't say he has elite physical talent. He's Seattle's Joe Flacco.

With the rate of QB salary he will be paid like one once his rookie contract is up.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd Q.....Down 7-3. Play Action Read, CB tries to jump the Read, RW makes him pay. That play was ALL RW. Which of the "Elite" QB's in the game today make THAT play?

80 yard, 7 min Drive, GB closes to within 13, announcers are now saying what a GB stop would do at this point. 4th and 1, Beautiful Play fake and Great pass to Coleman to clinch the game.

I guess that is what game managers do. lol.

You can keep calling RW "not Elite" and RW will keep winning games and Championships.
Go Hawks. You are the Man Russell Wilson.

I won't make posters mad and call you ELITE, but Thank You RW for being one of the top 5 QB's in the league, even if you are not ELITE.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under 200 yards... supported by a great rushing attack and defense... and Wilson protects the ball. I stand by my comments.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
under 200 yards... supported by a great rushing attack and defense... and Wilson protects the ball. I stand by my comments.

Better line than Rodgers, is he a game manager too? :rollseyes:

Never ceases to amaze me how many people don't know football and put things on players that don't belong there. The game plan was the game plan and he executed it. Had the defense not held Rodgers and they needed to play from behind it would have changed. In fact his best drive came when they were down 7-3. Seattle gets conservative when they have a lead. Surprise, surprise. To you and the other uneducated that spells game manager.

Elite? That's a subjective label as it is, but frankly I don't care if he deserves that or not as long as they keep doing what their doing what difference does it make?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm still amazed that you continue to make "total yards passing" as your claim.
Part of the reason why the rushing attack is good IS because of RW. There is no quantitative data to support this, but if YOU could see the whole game, you would understand better.

I stand by my comments.:suds:

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIL Russell Wilson is why Marshawn Lynch is as good as he is. And that Aaron Rodgers has the rushing attack and defense that Seattle does.

I stand by my comments. Wilson is not elite. He is supported by a great team.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Romo is great, but doesn't have a good team to support him right?

I wouldn't trade you situations for anything in the world.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De...feclet...ing

Tell me I'm wrong. Wilson is not elite.... he has a great rushing attack... and he has a great defense.

I'll wait.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
De...feclet...ing

Tell me I'm wrong. Wilson is not elite.... he has a great rushing attack... and he has a great defense.

I'll wait.

You are WRONG.
Again.

This argument (maybe not yours) that Luck has no talent around him yet he "makes everyone around him better" is laughable.
Indy had 10 straight seasons of 10+ wins before they TANKED on purpose to get Luck, then people buy into the idea that Luck has no talent around him. BS. They tanked on purpose. How do you explain starting Curtis Painter most of the season, they they put in Dan Orvlosky (sp) and Indy won two games with that "Shitty" talent. BS.

RW is a top 5 QB in this league right NOW because of his influence on his teammates. You don't see it because you don't want to and just see low passing yards. Don't call him Elite, please don't, but he is a top 5 QB right now.

RW HAS and will continue to make his TEAM better, regardless of how many "passing yards" he puts up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd Q.....Down 7-3. Play Action Read, CB tries to jump the Read, RW makes him pay. That play was ALL RW. Which of the "Elite" QB's in the game today make THAT play?

80 yard, 7 min Drive, GB closes to within 13, announcers are now saying what a GB stop would do at this point. 4th and 1, Beautiful Play fake and Great pass to Coleman to clinch the game.

I guess that is what game managers do. lol.

You can keep calling RW "not Elite" and RW will keep winning games and Championships.
Go Hawks. You are the Man Russell Wilson.

I won't make posters mad and call you ELITE, but Thank You RW for being one of the top 5 QB's in the league, even if you are not ELITE.

I don't recall the first play, but the second play you talk about just about any player in the nfl could've made. That was all about the play call. And Wilson is far from top five. Brees, Brady, Rodgers, And Peyton are all on another level. Roethlisburger, Eli, Cam, Ryan, Stafford, and a few others are all better in my book too.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this LOOOONNGG before Wilson was ever around so it isn't a personal bias. I have said it again and again but some people never seem to listen.

Using Passing Yards as an indicator of quality is just plain stupid.

Some QBs with over 4,000 yards in a season include: Brian Sipe, Jake Plummer, Don Majkowski, Scott Mitchell, Bill Kenney, Neil Lomax, Jon Kitna (2), Jeff George, Jeff Garcia, Mark Brunell, Andy Dalton, Lynn Dickey, Brad Johnson, Trent Green (3), Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Steve Beurerlein, Marc Bulger, Jay Schroeder,..........need I go on?? I would say that Wilson is already better than all on that list and might be better than many of the others that I did not list (only time will tell if he maintains to be better than Schaub, Ryan, Stafford, Eli Manning, Bledsoe, Palmer, etc. etc.)

Again, the best indicators are: Completion Percentage, Yards per Attempt, and TD to INT ratio. Use these instead of passing yards of be scoffed at for being an idiot.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are WRONG.
Again.

This argument (maybe not yours) that Luck has no talent around him yet he "makes everyone around him better" is laughable.
Indy had 10 straight seasons of 10+ wins before they TANKED on purpose to get Luck, then people buy into the idea that Luck has no talent around him. BS. They tanked on purpose. How do you explain starting Curtis Painter most of the season, they they put in Dan Orvlosky (sp) and Indy won two games with that "Shitty" talent. BS.

RW is a top 5 QB in this league right NOW because of his influence on his teammates. You don't see it because you don't want to and just see low passing yards. Don't call him Elite, please don't, but he is a top 5 QB right now.

RW HAS and will continue to make his TEAM better, regardless of how many "passing yards" he puts up.

WTF are you talking about? LOL... I'm not going to even talk about the off topic of the colts even though they lost thier HOF QB Peyton Manning, half of their offensive line, Pierre Garcon, ran a deffirent defense, etc. But the fact that you're calling him top 5 is really showing your homerism. He doesn't have the tools to put the team on his back, period... did you miss the blantantly 2 INTs that he should have had against him. Luck fell into his lap as it sometimes does with all QBs... but fuck. If those passes would have fell the other way (which they easily could have) due to the poor passes he threw... How could you back him up? Seahawk fans are delusional when it comes to Wilson and I deal with it every day.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this LOOOONNGG before Wilson was ever around so it isn't a personal bias. I have said it again and again but some people never seem to listen.

Some QBs with over 4,000 yards in a season include: Brian Sipe, Jake Plummer, Don Majkowski, Scott Mitchell, Bill Kenney, Neil Lomax, Jon Kitna (2), Jeff George, Jeff Garcia, Mark Brunell, Andy Dalton, Lynn Dickey, Brad Johnson, Trent Green (3), Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Steve Beurerlein, Marc Bulger, Jay Schroeder,..........need I go on?? I would say that Wilson is already better than all on that list and might be better than many of the others that I did not list (only time will tell if he maintains to be better than Schaub, Ryan, Stafford, Eli Manning, Bledsoe, Palmer, etc. etc.)

Again, the best indicators are: Completion Percentage, Yards per Attempt, and TD to INT ratio. Use these instead of passing yards of be scoffed at for being an idiot.

Using passing yards to indicate a QBs quality is stupid... However, consistently using it as an indicator of how they carry the team isn't. The Seahawks are a run and defense first type team... I don't know why this is such a great debate.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some QBs with over 4,000 yards in a season include: Brian Sipe, Jake Plummer, Don Majkowski, Scott Mitchell, Bill Kenney, Neil Lomax, Jon Kitna (2), Jeff George, Jeff Garcia, Mark Brunell, Andy Dalton, Lynn Dickey, Brad Johnson, Trent Green (3), Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, Steve Beurerlein, Marc Bulger, Jay Schroeder,..........need I go on?? I would say that Wilson is already better than all on that list and might be better than many of the others that I did not list (only time will tell if he maintains to be better than Schaub, Ryan, Stafford, Manning, Bledsoe, Palmer, etc. etc.)

Haters are funny man... They just won't accept the reality...