• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Robert Kraft's Patience Wearing Thin?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting things are being said by both BB and RK.

Bill spoke last week about not having the money available to always get a player.

In an interview with Greg Bedard of te Globe on Wednesday Kraft responded, "In the twenty three years that Bill Belichick has coached the Patriots, I have never refused money to him. Never."

Then an interesting question was asked on Boston Sports Tonight. "Why not fire Belichick."

The answer was brilliant. "No one, other than Belichick and Kraft know the length of Belichick's contract or any of the conditions. If Belichick is fired, does he a job for free with the jets, Bills or Dolphins? Would he become the GM of a team for free. How many years would Kraft have to pay him $25M to work somewhere else?"

As of 3/30/2023, this relationship has become just a bit frosty.
"In the twenty three years that Bill Belichick has coached the Patriots, I have never refused money to him. Never."

I'm sure he hasn't. But there is a thing called a salary cap.

Bill has long been a master at working around that salary cap, and I'm 100% positive that RK would have a different opinion if the team exceeded it with RK's money.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure all this is taken way out of context. I think the comment refers more to CAP and less to Krafts wallet.
The Patriots have been the 6th lowest spending team ($172M) for the past five years. BB controls the players and what they get paid. BB was the one that publicly stated that he didn't have the money to get certain players. Kraft responded that he's alway given Bil what he asked for.

I don't think Begdard took anything out of context. He stated what Belichick said and what Kraft replied.

It's getting to the point where Belichick is starting to become Joe Biden. He makes a statement and thirty people scramble to repair the damage.

Like the other day when Bill was talking about the Giants dramatic improvement and gave the credit to Brian Flores and not Brian Daboll.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have been the 6th lowest spending team ($172M) for the past five years. BB controls the players and what they get paid. BB was the one that publicly stated that he didn't have the money to get certain players. Kraft responded that he's alway given Bil what he asked for.

I don't think Begdard took anything out of context. He stated what Belichick said and what Kraft replied.

It's getting to the point where Belichick is starting to become Joe Biden. He makes a statement and thirty people scramble to repair the damage.

Like the other day when Bill was talking about the Giants dramatic improvement and gave the credit to Brian Flores and not Brian Daboll.
BBs comments refer to quantity over quality IMO. He does not want to spend a large amount of CAP space on one player versus multiple players with quality skill sets. If you drop a lot of cap space on one player and he goes down very likely your back up players have a significant drop in skills. The top paid players skill sets are rarely that much greater than those of the next tier down, so pay for quality depth vs a player that eats up a lot of space. Quality depth makes more sense than paying an exorbitant amount of money to one player IMO.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BBs comments refer to quantity over quality IMO. He does not want to spend a large amount of CAP space on one player versus multiple players with quality skill sets. If you drop a lot of cap space on one player and he goes down very likely your back up players have a significant drop in skills. The top paid players skill sets are rarely that much greater than those of the next tier down, so pay for quality depth vs a player that eats up a lot of space. Quality depth makes more sense than paying an exorbitant amount of money to one player IMO.
I think we're talking bananas vs grapes. If BB is referring to dollars spent in your version, I don't disagree.

BUT.................................

The way that Bill is talking, he appears to be deflecting historical bad choices on Kraft for not spending. The problem with that, is that Bill controls the team budget and CAP spending, so any reference he makes has to come back completely on him. If he chooses to spend low amounts on average players, then he has to find a way to get better than average performance. With the GOAT as his QB, he was able to do that.

I heard a guy on NESN say that New England Patriots fans have been spoiled with incredible success of the team from 2001 to 2019. He laughed and said that Kansas City Chief fans have turned in the exact same kind of fan since the arrival of Reid and Mahomes. Then he got serious and said, New England fans have come to expect the team to be in the playoffs every year and they expect to get to the AFCCG because they were there for nine years in row. His final statement? "Get a grip. Your team is average and you have to hope, just like ninety percent of NFL fans hope, that their team will be good."

The biggest problem is that Bill doesn't have TB12 steering the ship anymore and it's been a very stormy sea. Last year, it was as if the ship had no one who could take the wheel.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're talking bananas vs grapes. If BB is referring to dollars spent in your version, I don't disagree.

BUT.................................

The way that Bill is talking, he appears to be deflecting historical bad choices on Kraft for not spending. The problem with that, is that Bill controls the team budget and CAP spending, so any reference he makes has to come back completely on him. If he chooses to spend low amounts on average players, then he has to find a way to get better than average performance. With the GOAT as his QB, he was able to do that.

I heard a guy on NESN say that New England Patriots fans have been spoiled with incredible success of the team from 2001 to 2019. He laughed and said that Kansas City Chief fans have turned in the exact same kind of fan since the arrival of Reid and Mahomes. Then he got serious and said, New England fans have come to expect the team to be in the playoffs every year and they expect to get to the AFCCG because they were there for nine years in row. His final statement? "Get a grip. Your team is average and you have to hope, just like ninety percent of NFL fans hope, that their team will be good."

The biggest problem is that Bill doesn't have TB12 steering the ship anymore and it's been a very stormy sea. Last year, it was as if the ship had no one who could take the wheel.

Adams Collier GIF by Portland Pilots

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no damage from what Bill said. Don't be such a drama queen. Your habit of following NE Sports "news" clouds your ability to see clearly. Shut that shit off. All of those people outside of Mike Reiss are click bate/sound bite whores. Why would you listen to that shit?

While I remain skeptical of our QB situation going into the season I feel pretty confident that the Pats are going to field a very good team in 2023 with a rebuilt team and a rebuilt staff.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no damage from what Bill said. Don't be such a drama queen. Your habit of following NE Sports "news" clouds your ability to see clearly. Shut that shit off. All of those people outside of Mike Reiss are click bate/sound bite whores. Why would you listen to that shit?

While I remain skeptical of our QB situation going into the season I feel pretty confident that the Pats are going to field a very good team in 2023 with a rebuilt team and a rebuilt staff.
In Ken's defense, like most people, he trusts what he already agrees with.....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Ken's defense, like most people, he trusts what he already agrees with.....

Bill says something totally logical as to why fans should trust him, which by the way is a shitty fucking question to ask the GOAT, and guys like Ken start jerking off to the thought of Bill being senile and visions of Kraft putting a gun to Bill's head and pulling the trigger.

Ya, last year sucked and that's largely on Bill but the guy put trust in his intelligent friend who couldn't get it done and now he's moving on. He probably felt as though he had earned the trust to try something like that. I was fine with it, it didn't work, and he's doing the right thing.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit at 12.

Those that accuse others are usually guilty of the accusation.
That must have been the age you met your cousin…the one you bragged about banging. He jerked you both off.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must have been the age you met your cousin…the one you bragged about banging. He jerked you both off.
That story will never die. Last week he was saying something about banging a Filipino girl and I replied, "I didn't know you had Filipino cousins" and deleted it to cut him a break from my replies. I wish he understood these posts practically write themselves.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would anybody quit?
He posted in green. I assume he wasn't serious.

If he was serious:
  1. Anyone who claims to not "master their own domain" is either asexual (and plenty of them do too) or a liar. BK has posted plenty to make it clear he ain't asexual. Once a liar, always a liar.
  2. This is my main issue with BK... He had no need to post that, as with any of his fiction. Why should we believe any of it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posted in green. I assume he wasn't serious.

If he was serious:
  1. Anyone who claims to not "master their own domain" is either asexual (and plenty of them do too) or a liar. BK has posted plenty to make it clear he ain't asexual. Once a liar, always a liar.
  2. This is my main issue with BK... He had no need to post that, as with any of his fiction. Why should we believe any of it.
Damn! It was in green font!

Find some football news!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News paper here in the Boise area mentioned that there is a local high school keeping tabs on the chances of RK firing BB. Said they will be all in if he’s available.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft got miffed yesterday when sked about Bill offering Mac to several teams. "I have not heard anything about this." When pressed Kraft said, "Mac Jones will be our Quarterback."

So who's telling the truth?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft got miffed yesterday when sked about Bill offering Mac to several teams. "I have not heard anything about this." When pressed Kraft said, "Mac Jones will be our Quarterback."

So who's telling the truth?

Well seeing as BB has said nothing, and Kraft stated it's not true, I suspect as usual the media is lying, just making shit up so they have a story to print. Not one other team, GM or owner has made mention either.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well seeing as BB has said nothing, and Kraft stated it's not true, I suspect as usual the media is lying, just making shit up so they have a story to print. Not one other team, GM or owner has made mention either.
Raiders and Bucs have both denied any talk whatso ever.