• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Robert Kraft's Patience Wearing Thin?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Wickersham's book was released this week and he tears up Bill Belichick and many of his decisions over the past five years.

He primarily places BB at the center of what the team is experiencing right now. He discusses Tom Brady and most importantly, Robert Kraft.

Several parts of the book are being repeatedly quoted. The most often quoted is the one where Kraft is in Colorado at a resort. He states that the last thing he wants to do at the moment is leave and attend a Patriots' game in Detroit. He's pissed and calls Belichick his "fucking asshole head coach." In another section he calls BB his "idiot savant".

Wickersham's information and quotes come from second and third hand sources, but Kraft has not denied anything in the book. Belichick refuses to even recognize that the book was written and published.

The Boston media has had access to BB but he won't go there. Kraft has refused to speak with the media since Monday.

In my opinion, I think losing Brady really pissed off Kraft. He loved the guy and knows that much of the Patriots' success was carried on his back and many of the players who came to NE, came because they believed that Brady would take them to the jewelry store. Kraft forced BB to trade JG and keep TB12 and that set the BB's wheels in motion. Again, it's only my opinion, but should this team crash and burn and finish at less than .500, Belichick's days as HC of the NE Patriots, just might be over.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Wickersham's book was released this week and he tears up Bill Belichick and many of his decisions over the past five years.

He primarily places BB at the center of what the team is experiencing right now. He discusses Tom Brady and most importantly, Robert Kraft.

Several parts of the book are being repeatedly quoted. The most often quoted is the one where Kraft is in Colorado at a resort. He states that the last thing he wants to do at the moment is leave and attend a Patriots' game in Detroit. He's pissed and calls Belichick his "fucking asshole head coach." In another section he calls BB his "idiot savant".

Wickersham's information and quotes come from second and third hand sources, but Kraft has not denied anything in the book. Belichick refuses to even recognize that the book was written and published.

The Boston media has had access to BB but he won't go there. Kraft has refused to speak with the media since Monday.

In my opinion, I think losing Brady really pissed off Kraft. He loved the guy and knows that much of the Patriots' success was carried on his back and many of the players who came to NE, came because they believed that Brady would take them to the jewelry store. Kraft forced BB to trade JG and keep TB12 and that set the BB's wheels in motion. Again, it's only my opinion, but should this team crash and burn and finish at less than .500, Belichick's days as HC of the NE Patriots, just might be over.
Funny.

I see it as just another ESPN hit piece. All hearsay and conjecture.

If he is such an asshole, why did Mayo come back to work for him? Why did Troy Brown come back to work for him? Why does randy Moss say he loves him? Why does Edelman say he loves him and would never play anywhere else?

Again, just another ESPN hit piece. All hearsay and conjecture.

Oh...and look at Brady in 2019. the pompous prick is, in fact, the greatest football player of all time, but he tanked hard, froze out WR's and basically did everything he could to fuck the team while, for all appearances, still looking like a hero.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is such an asshole, why did Mayo come back to work for him? Why did Troy Brown come back to work for him? Why does randy Moss say he loves him? Why does Edelman say he loves him and would never play anywhere else?

Again, just another ESPN hit piece. All hearsay and conjecture.

Bingo! You can add the likes of Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, and Deon Branch, amongst many many other former Pats greats that speak glowingly of BB. And look how excited Trent Brown was when he found out he was returning to NE.

No disrespect at all to BigKen but as soon as I saw the thread title I knew who posted it due to him having a different opinion of BB than the majority and perhaps a greater willingness to believe that fucking loser Seth wahteverhisnameis bullshit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet half to 3/4 of the book is made up shit!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo! You can add the likes of Willie McGinest, Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, and Deon Branch, amongst many many other former Pats greats that speak glowingly of BB. And look how excited Trent Brown was when he found out he was returning to NE.

No disrespect at all to BigKen but as soon as I saw the thread title I knew who posted it due to him having a different opinion of BB than the majority and perhaps a greater willingness to believe that fucking loser Seth wahteverhisnameis bullshit.
There's also usually more than one version of the truth where you provide facts that lead to a conclusion, but only the facts that lead to that conclusion and not others that contradict that conclusion.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that everyone has had a few hours to cool down.....I asked the question because of the ""quotes"" that Kraft made and the fact that he won't defend or suspend them.

It does make me wonder just how much rope Kraft will give BB. He's pretty much had an infinitesimal line of it since he's been here but there have been some changes over the past two years. I don't think Kraft would publicly fire him, but I do think he'd ask him to retire. He may not be quite so willing to continue paying him $25M a year if he's not bringing home hardware.

I'm not a BB hater. I do believe that time has a way of catching up with everyone, player, coach, owner, hookers on the corner. Eventually, even the best of the best start to decline. BB is about to turn 69 and hasn't changed much at all over the past 22 years, but the league is evolving into a different animal and his unwillingness to change might be putting him into the checker game. We've always said that others were playing checkers while Bill was playing chess. Time slows us all. Eventually, it stops us.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that everyone has had a few hours to cool down.....I asked the question because of the ""quotes"" that Kraft made and the fact that he won't defend or suspend them.

It does make me wonder just how much rope Kraft will give BB. He's pretty much had an infinitesimal line of it since he's been here but there have been some changes over the past two years. I don't think Kraft would publicly fire him, but I do think he'd ask him to retire. He may not be quite so willing to continue paying him $25M a year if he's not bringing home hardware.

I'm not a BB hater. I do believe that time has a way of catching up with everyone, player, coach, owner, hookers on the corner. Eventually, even the best of the best start to decline. BB is about to turn 69 and hasn't changed much at all over the past 22 years, but the league is evolving into a different animal and his unwillingness to change might be putting him into the checker game. We've always said that others were playing checkers while Bill was playing chess. Time slows us all. Eventually, it stops us.
The quote about BB being "his biggest asshole" was probably made as part of a hyperbolic statement and BB would recognize it as such. Beyond that BB is completely aware of ALL sentiment toward him and especially that many think he's an asshole. His famous response (paraphrased) to a comment regarding him being associated with the word genius was "I've seen it associated with idiot too".

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm personally not at all bothered by this sham of a book in any way shape or form. I do, however, think that true fans of NE should absolutely shun this book and not contribute to the continued thrashing of the NE Patriots at the hands of ESPN.

I avoid ESPN at all costs and will only watch if there's a game on.

And I agree with nefansince75 that any quotes by Kraft were very likely hyperbole and taken out of context.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anyone here has read it. I haven't either. The quotes I posted were taken from the book and Wickersham seen to go after BB, then TB and finally RK. Supposedly, his quotes are direct. Timing for the book couldn't have been better, a week before Brady returns to Foxboro. The release of the book and the hard feelings about Brady leaving and no one knowing for certain what actually happened between BB and TB, makes for a media field day.

I doubt I'll ever read the book. Wickersham has a history of bullshit and stretching the truth and I'm never inclined to pay for something that will have as mush negative said as positive.

There is one thing that I've learned over my lifetime. Something in print always has some amount of truth and while things may not be exact, they generally depict the emotion at the time something was said or done. What I wonder is this. Did the person who gave Wickersham the quotes have an axe to grind with Kraft and took advantage of the things said??

We'll never know.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I mean, we’ve talked about that for two decades,” Belichick said. “I think I’ve been on the record dozens of times saying there’s no quarterback I’d rather have than Tom Brady, and I still feel that way. I was very lucky to have Tom as the quarterback and to coach him. He was as good as any coach could ever ask for.”

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt anyone here has read it. I haven't either. The quotes I posted were taken from the book and Wickersham seen to go after BB, then TB and finally RK. Supposedly, his quotes are direct. Timing for the book couldn't have been better, a week before Brady returns to Foxboro. The release of the book and the hard feelings about Brady leaving and no one knowing for certain what actually happened between BB and TB, makes for a media field day.

I doubt I'll ever read the book. Wickersham has a history of bullshit and stretching the truth and I'm never inclined to pay for something that will have as mush negative said as positive.

There is one thing that I've learned over my lifetime. Something in print always has some amount of truth and while things may not be exact, they generally depict the emotion at the time something was said or done. What I wonder is this. Did the person who gave Wickersham the quotes have an axe to grind with Kraft and took advantage of the things said??

We'll never know.

The company where I work has about 50 dudes that work here(and a couple of chicks to keep it real) and we all talk shit about each other. Shit gets embellished all the time. We work in the rock music side of business. I imagine it's 100 times worse when you have a lot more dudes working in an ultra competitive sports industry.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The company where I work has about 50 dudes that work here(and a couple of chicks to keep it real) and we all talk shit about each other. Shit gets embellished all the time. We work in the rock music side of business. I imagine it's 100 times worse when you have a lot more dudes working in an ultra competitive sports industry.
Ever said to someone "hey asshole" and not really mean anything other than "hey one of the guys".

Maybe Kraft was being completely honest and truly thinks that? He wouldn't be the first. I can picture the apology ("Hey Bill - sorry I let someone overhear me").

We don't know if it's true, and if it is, we don't know the context.... and I don't care.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever said to someone "hey asshole" and not really mean anything other than "hey one of the guys".

Maybe Kraft was being completely honest and truly thinks that? He wouldn't be the first. I can picture the apology ("Hey Bill - sorry I let someone overhear me").

We don't know if it's true, and if it is, we don't know the context.... and I don't care.
Fuck. We brag about being an asshole.

Like this guy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that everyone has had a few hours to cool down.....funny!

I'm not a BB hater. - you lost me there......

Now that everyone has had a few hours to cool down.....funny!

I'm not a BB hater. - you lost me there......

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Greasy Bob had built these teams all by his lonesome then maybe.

But he did not. Bill Belichick built those teams.

And Brady or not, nobody has had a better run of things.

Greasy Bob should just sign the checks and be quiet.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can picture his face as he's holding in those farts....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no :suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33