• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Matthew Stafford about to pull a Brady?

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when he's won 6 titles
Are the Lions already real contenders for next over all #1 pick?

In all fairness, Stafford has been a very underrated Quarterback ... which means the Lions are that bad. I would be happy if he stayed in Detroit (He has been good for the city) and I'd be happy if he went to another team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to judge his performance based on how many bad coaches and teams he has endured. You have to wonder how he might have done, say, playing for Kyle Shanahan or Sean Payton.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all fairness, Stafford has been a very underrated Quarterback ... which means the Lions are that bad. I would be happy if he stayed in Detroit (He has been good for the city) and I'd be happy if he went to another team.
Sure, he might just be the Lions GOAT at the position
Look where that's gotten them

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not the NBA, one player can't do it. Football requires a team, and Stafford has been on the worst for his career.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the NBA, one player can't do it. Football requires a team, and Stafford has been on the worst for his career.
The Lions are perennial losers. Something's rotten in the building
And of course I agree with the statement one man can't win it all

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree Completely. They are probably the worst run team in all of sports. I don't think Stafford would be a Hall of Famer if he had gone to another team, but I do think he would be considered a top 10 for most of his career.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love my Lions, but you are not wrong. Like everyone else, I don't know what the problem is ... Unlike everyone else, I don't think I know what the problem is ... It has been a tough 62 years.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree Completely. They are probably the worst run team in all of sports. I don't think Stafford would be a Hall of Famer if he had gone to another team, but I do think he would be considered a top 10 for most of his career.
I have no reason to doubt it. As we've all seen just being a QB taken #1 overall doesn't mean they will have had such a long career... as the starter.
No, It seems to me to be a cultural thing. One that superceeds coaches/GM changes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66% of the time the Lions have had a defense in the top half of the league Lions have gone to the playoffs. Problem is that has only happened 3 times in his career.

You can make the case that Stafford should elevate more, but he probably has had less talent around him than any QB that has lasted this long....ever. Even worse, people always point to Calvin Johnson as a reason why his stats are inflated, but he has been significantly better without him.

This year kind of highlights it, 500 team with him, not a single win the second half of the season without him. He does elevate the team, but he has raised the worst team in football to appear near middle of the road for most of his career.

My hope is that after this year he ends up on a properly run team, I would love to see what he looks like with an actual team around him.
Lots of football fans on football forums are jealous of guys as talented as Stafford. They choose to hate them from the beginning and don't look at the facts which is why they bring up Calvin Johnson.

He's had some real shit to deal with on that team. Every part of the team besides QB has been a disaster at some point or another and usually many parts at the same time.

The Lions have no idea what they're doing. I mean they've used 3 first round picks (8, 10, 20) on TEs since they drafted him.

Somehow he's still had a fine career.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's trash. No surprise you, Mr Flacco blower himself, cant see that

That would be your wife, but then you are a rapist supporter, so no surprise you jockey her out to buy your Boone's Farm wine....Hey how bout dem Stoolers !!!!....
That even made your Pittsburgh offspring laugh....
200.gif

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get back to me when he's won 6 titles
Are the Lions already real contenders for next over all #1 pick?

Not as long as Staff is under center. They actually were looking pretty good last season until he went down.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be your wife, but then you are a rapist supporter, so no surprise you jockey her out to buy your Boone's Farm wine....Hey how bout dem Stoolers !!!!....
That even made your Pittsburgh offspring laugh....
200.gif

congrats, you're still retarded when it comes to deciphering good quarterback play from bad.

200.gif

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats, you're still retarded when it comes to deciphering good quarterback play from bad.

200.gif

Well we can see that you are an expert, 1 decent qb since Bradshaw and he's a fat rapist....
Yep,
tenor.gif

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we can see that you are an expert, 1 decent qb since Bradshaw and he's a fat rapist....
Yep,
tenor.gif

bwahaha look at oldschool squirm, everybody!

tenor.gif

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bwahaha look at oldschool squirm, everybody!

tenor.gif

You have a big imagination for such a small mind.....Retarded, but one never the less...
Need some help little dude ???
NiceLightheartedBee-max-1mb.gif
there ya go Hank !!!!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as theyve been in sixty years, without Barry Sanders.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine what non Lions fans actually view as a horrible franchise. People think they understand, but they don't.

He deserved better than this. But Sam Bradford went back to college.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to retire Top Ten in Tds. It's almost a given at this point.

And if he doesn't leave, he most likely won't win a playoff game. This is reality.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Rollingthndr did keg stands in college with Matthew Stafford.

True story

Ask him about it.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as theyve been in sixty years, without Barry Sanders.

Sometimes it's hard to imagine what non Lions fans actually view as a horrible franchise. People think they understand, but they don't.

He deserved better than this. But Sam Bradford went back to college.
Once it was the Saints and the Cards that were symbolic with losing.
Don't know what it is but somethings just not right.
I was a long time Oiler fan, Stuck with them right up until they changed the name. And wouldn't you know it they went to the superbowl as the Titans soon after

I can feel for long suffering fans.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
66% of the time the Lions have had a defense in the top half of the league Lions have gone to the playoffs. Problem is that has only happened 3 times in his career.

You can make the case that Stafford should elevate more, but he probably has had less talent around him than any QB that has lasted this long....ever. Even worse, people always point to Calvin Johnson as a reason why his stats are inflated, but he has been significantly better without him.

This year kind of highlights it, 500 team with him, not a single win the second half of the season without him. He does elevate the team, but he has raised the worst team in football to appear near middle of the road for most of his career.

My hope is that after this year he ends up on a properly run team, I would love to see what he looks like with an actual team around him.

He also had 4 years in a row where he didn't have a RB rush for over 100 yards in a game with defenses solely focused on johnson.