• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins LB says ref told him to 'stay off Tom' after a legal hit on Tom Brady

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth has finally come out where we see the NFL refs helping Tom Brady

The early going of the 2019 season has been brutal for NFL starting quarterbacks. With the injuries piling up, the last thing the league wants is to lose another marquee star.

But did Bill Vinovich’s officiating crew go a little too far in trying to protect the quarterback on Sunday? Dolphins linebacker Raekwon McMillan certainly thinks so.

The third-year pro from Ohio State told The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson that an official from Sunday’s blowout loss to the Patriots had some words for him as he took a perfectly legal hit on Tom Brady.

This official evidently said, “Stay off Tom.”

Dolphins Player Claims Ref Told Him To "Stay Off" Tom Brady

Dolphins Linebacker Says Referee Told Him To 'Stay Off' Tom Brady

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember seeing this same thing for rodgers.

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You're a nobody on a crap team and you're not going to win anything, so don't spoil my Superbowl party"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, we have the aaron rodgers rule now too:

The 'Aaron Rodgers rule' stemming from hit by Anthony Barr continues to reverberate

The effects of the so-called “Aaron Rodgers Rule” — which penalizes defenders for landing on a quarterback with all or most of their body weight as the passer sets up to throw — are alive and well in the first weeks of the 2018 NFL season, however. Officials threw 15 flags for roughing-the-passer penalties in the first week of the season; five, including the one assessed to Vikings defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson against the 49ers, were for defenders who landed with their body weight on a QB.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth has finally come out where we see the NFL refs helping Tom Brady

The early going of the 2019 season has been brutal for NFL starting quarterbacks. With the injuries piling up, the last thing the league wants is to lose another marquee star.

But did Bill Vinovich’s officiating crew go a little too far in trying to protect the quarterback on Sunday? Dolphins linebacker Raekwon McMillan certainly thinks so.

The third-year pro from Ohio State told The Miami Herald’s Barry Jackson that an official from Sunday’s blowout loss to the Patriots had some words for him as he took a perfectly legal hit on Tom Brady.

This official evidently said, “Stay off Tom.”

Dolphins Player Claims Ref Told Him To "Stay Off" Tom Brady

Dolphins Linebacker Says Referee Told Him To 'Stay Off' Tom Brady
This ref needs to have a 330 pound lineman accidently fall into the back of his legs

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 'Aaron Rodgers rule' stemming from hit by Anthony Barr continues to reverberate

The effects of the so-called “Aaron Rodgers Rule” — which penalizes defenders for landing on a quarterback with all or most of their body weight as the passer sets up to throw — are alive and well in the first weeks of the 2018 NFL season, however. Officials threw 15 flags for roughing-the-passer penalties in the first week of the season; five, including the one assessed to Vikings defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson against the 49ers, were for defenders who landed with their body weight on a QB.

And how did a ref's comment to a player effect this rule?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how did a ref's comment to a player effect this rule?
so, in closing, rodgers has a rule named after him that we saw last week, when a player rolled off of brady and the commentator said "you cant put your weight on a QB since aaron rodgers last year".

plus, hes gay.

giphy.gif

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"get off me, you're too heavy"

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And if the defender rolls as he is falling, he will get a 15 yarder for "whipping the QB to the ground". So he should just shove the QB to the ground, but that's probably unsportsman like too.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought Brady was gay so he probably didn't appreciate the ref telling another man to 'stay off him'

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, in closing, rodgers has a rule named after him that we saw last week, when a player rolled off of brady and the commentator said "you cant put your weight on a QB since aaron rodgers last year".

plus, hes gay.

giphy.gif

It appears the Dolphin player was told after he made a legal hit with no penalty that he should not hit Brady. It appears the refs are helping Brady stay healthy. I need you to get a link from a defensive player in the NFL where that defensive player says that refs have told them not to hit Rodgers. Your quote was Rodgers talking to a ref not a defensive player

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears the Dolphin player was told after he made a legal hit with no penalty that he should not hit Brady. It appears the refs are helping Brady stay healthy. I need you to get a link from a defensive player in the NFL where that defensive player says that refs have told them not to hit Rodgers. Your quote was Rodgers talking to a ref not a defensive player
he said "get off tom". i dont get "you cant hit brady" from that. rodgers is a whiny bitch. "im not complaining, but he slammed my head pretty hard".

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he said "get off tom". i dont get "you cant hit brady" from that. rodgers is a whiny bitch. "im not complaining, but he slammed my head pretty hard".

You clearly cannot read so here is what the Dolphin player said that the ref told him:

The Ref clearly said STAY OFF TOM AFTER A LEGAL HIT

So you are wrong the ref is not saying to get off of Tom as if he is on top of Tom on the ground. In this case the ref is telling the Dolphin after a legal play was over to STAY OFF OF TOM.

There is a big difference between the two. There is a difference between your thoughts of getting off of Tom your words and stay off of Tom which was actually said

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly cannot read so here is what the Dolphin player said that the ref told him:

The Ref clearly said STAY OFF TOM AFTER A LEGAL HIT

So you are wrong the ref is not saying to get off of Tom as if he is on top of Tom on the ground. In this case the ref is telling the Dolphin after a legal play was over to STAY OFF OF TOM.

There is a big difference between the two. There is a difference between your thoughts of getting off of Tom your words and stay off of Tom which was actually said
so, like i said, he said "stay off tom". i dont get "you cant hit tom" from that. im smart tho.

how am i wrong?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"keep your weight off aaron, hes a top"