• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Blake Griffin Truly Soft?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of discussion on how soft Blake is. He just recently issued an open challenge to anyone that wants to test that theory....off the court. I think he missing the point of why people are calling him soft. I wouldn't necessarily call him soft myself but he does seems to be lacking in the resolve category. What can he do to change the perception across the league that he is a punk?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch BG night in, night out, so I can't really speak on the "soft" part, but his game imo is the same as Josh Smith. What he does well, he does it really well, but his game has a lot of limitations and I haven't seen much improvement...still can't put the ball on the floor with his off hand and finish, can't shoot beyond 10'.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch BG night in, night out, so I can't really speak on the "soft" part, but his game imo is the same as Josh Smith. What he does well, he does it really well, but his game has a lot of limitations and I haven't seen much improvement...still can't put the ball on the floor with his off hand and finish, can't shoot beyond 10'.

:agree: He also is known as a pretty prolific flopper and seems to have a bit of a reputation around the league as a "fake tough guy"!! As ATL points out, his game is limited and when a team is able to take away what he does best (i.e. Memphis) he tends to disappear!!

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of discussion on how soft Blake is. He just recently issued an open challenge to anyone that wants to test that theory....off the court. I think he missing the point of why people are calling him soft. I wouldn't necessarily call him soft myself but he does seems to be lacking in the resolve category. What can he do to change the perception across the league that he is a punk?

He is soft as tissue paper. Just because he is big doesn't mean he isn't soft. He gets pushed around and backs down from physical play in the game. He really doesn't have any offensive game except for dunking and having CP3 feed him the ball. There is a reason why almost everyone in the NBA think he is soft. Knock him down and you will get in his head. He is a mental midget and this challenge to anyone off the court just shows that people are in his head.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do not need to watch a ton of BG to see where this comes from, watch when they play the grizzlies they push him around relentlessly in the paint. Particularly this last playoff series. TBH most of that should be fouls but it doesn't get called, not like BG at the FT line would matter....bazinga

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: He also is known as a pretty prolific flopper and seems to have a bit of a reputation around the league as a "fake tough guy"!! As ATL points out, his game is limited and when a team is able to take away what he does best (i.e. Memphis) he tends to disappear!!

True, add in the fact that he flops a lot and exaggerates contact by staying in the ground forever and it becomes obvious why everyone thinks hes so soft.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is soft as tissue paper. Just because he is big doesn't mean he isn't soft. He gets pushed around and backs down from physical play in the game. He really doesn't have any offensive game except for dunking and having CP3 feed him the ball. There is a reason why almost everyone in the NBA think he is soft. Knock him down and you will get in his head. He is a mental midget and this challenge to anyone off the court just shows that people are in his head.
But what can he do to change that? Should he send a message during the season and get ejected for laying somebody out?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what can he do to change that? Should he send a message during the season and get ejected for laying somebody out?

I mean I would if I was built like Blake but you don't HAVE to. Duncan wouldn't retaliate but he wouldn't let people get in his head. When things get physical in the paint going for rebounds or for position Duncan doesn't back down. That is what needs to change. Blake will play very different if you get physical with him and the Grizzlies series showed that. Get physical with Duncan and he still plays his game. That is the difference, and that is why Blake is soft and Duncan is not, even if Duncan does not retaliate.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He can cut the flopping and exaggeration of fouls!! He can not allow himself to get pushed around in the paint and he can work on his game so that he can do something besides dunk!!

He also seems pretty weak on the defensive end!! It seems if he's not making a spectacular block, he's getting scored on!! Zach Randolph can't jump over a credit card and he abused Griffin in the playoffs!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I would if I was built like Blake but you don't HAVE to. Duncan wouldn't retaliate but he wouldn't let people get in his head. When things get physical in the paint going for rebounds or for position Duncan doesn't back down. That is what needs to change. Blake will play very different if you get physical with him and the Grizzlies series showed that. Get physical with Duncan and he still plays his game. That is the difference, and that is why Blake is soft and Duncan is not, even if Duncan does not retaliate.
I thought the way he played during the playoffs was the result of being injured. I guess haven't watched him enough to really know for sure.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, I think he was injured!

Still, he got beat up from the feet up.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:. I thought it was so funny he was challenging people to a fight when he should be challenging them to a 1 on 1 on the court. I guess he feels he has a better chance of winning a fight as opposed to a game where he has to create his own shot lol.

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David-Lee-Yells-at-Blake-Griffin-to-Stop-Flopping.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a celebrity that is known for dunking. I actually like his offensive game and I don't think he is too terribly soft but he shouldn't be getting all of the commercial deals that he does when he can't his Free Throws. Not being able to hit FTs is something that is only reserved for Centers that have really impressive skills. He isn't a Center. Hit your FTs.

He IS mentally soft but playing the Grizzles and the Spurs in the playoffs should do that to you

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK BLAKE! I challenge that pussy. He hits me once, I call 9-1-1 I sue his ass for assault or tell him to pay me under the table to keep me quiet.

Lets go! I CALL YOU OUT