• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Interesting contrast with SEA-DEN game

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning and Wilson are playing into the 2nd quarter, passing all over the place. I would have liked to see Kaepernick play a little more.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Manning and Wilson are playing into the 2nd quarter, passing all over the place. I would have liked to see Kaepernick play a little more.

Maybe on the last preseason game, but as bad as the Niners' backpus are I'm glad Kaep is takin' it easy.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe on the last preseason game, but as bad as the Niners' backpus are I'm glad Kaep is takin' it easy.

I know you're watching it Sick -- the fumble and td notwithstanding, Peyton seems to be having his way with the vaunted Seahawk secondary.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is shredding their secondary.... Sherman got burned twice on that last drive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know you're watching it Sick -- the fumble and td notwithstanding, Peyton seems to be having his way with the vaunted Seahawk secondary.

I don't know about havin' his way, but he's in his usual dominant form. He made Sherman look bad a couple of times, but Browner messed things up a couple as well. Browner is in true contract-year form.

Kam Chancelor made a huge goal-line hit / tackle to save a TD.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Seattle's special teams are clicking right now.

Looks like every one of their backs is a sledgehammer. Which has pros and cons, I'd imagine.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. 1 for 3 for -2 yards does nothing for the team preparation-wise or confidence-wise. And that missed TD throw of his was a terrible pass to a wide open guy.The 49ers had better be careful. I would be no less surprised if they finished third in the division than I would if they finished first.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about havin' his way, but he's in his usual dominant form. He made Sherman look bad a couple of times, but Browner messed things up a couple as well. Browner is in true contract-year form.

Kam Chancelor made a huge goal-line hit / tackle to save a TD.

When he's needed a pass play, he's gotten it. And the bunching up has confused SEA secondary for whatever reason. Browner maybe in contract year form, but they just signed Kam, and Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman are coming up too for contracts, interesting to see if they're able to keep all of them.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. 1 for 3 for -2 yards does nothing for the team preparation-wise or confidence-wise. And that missed TD throw of his was a terrible pass to a wide open guy.The 49ers had better be careful. I would be no less surprised if they finished third in the division than I would if they finished first.

Third? Behind whom? The Cardinals or the Rams? Never.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Browner maybe in contract year form, but they just signed Kam, and Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman are coming up too for contracts, interesting to see if they're able to keep all of them.

Well Percy & his big ol' contract isn't making the potential of that happening any more likely. :)

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Percy & his big ol' contract isn't making the potential of that happening any more likely. :)

No, that's the real cost of them signing Harvin --- he's eating up cap space for the next two years (after that they have options), but in addition to the secondary they have Wilson to tie up, and Sidney Rice, Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin and I think Okung as well. It's going to be tough. That's why I'm thrilled Baalke loaded up on draft picks the last two years. Imagine if KC does ok so we have two 2nd rounders, he can restock the team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third? Behind whom? The Cardinals or the Rams? Never.

I would not be totally stunned to see the Cardinals do well this year now that they have a legitimate QB. The 49ers always struggle with the Rams and Seahawks and if they fuck around, especially with their tough schedule, they could be as bad as 9 and 7. I could see the Cards going 9 and 7 and winning some sort of tie breaker against the Niners.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They already extended Kam I believe.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We will see more of our first string in week 3 of the preseason. The reality is that the Hawks have some proven depth on their team that the 9ers don't have yet. We needed(and still do) to see who will step up in certain postions. I hope week 3 will give the 9ers some more answers to that.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of feel like last year was the same wasn't it? Harbaugh didn't go with the starters for too long leading up to the opening game of the season to not give too much away? My memory could be completely wrong here though.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Gores big run kind of took away from Kaeps time as they clearly decided he was going to only play one series.

In contrast... In last years second pre season game against Houston Smith played into the first series of the second quarter, all in all playing three series, and going 5-9 for 49 yards with two field goals.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I kind of feel like last year was the same wasn't it? Harbaugh didn't go with the starters for too long leading up to the opening game of the season to not give too much away? My memory could be completely wrong here though.

I am all for not giving too much away but for me it's more about reps, reading defenses and making adjustments at the line. That game experience can't be provided during practice. Kap only started 10 games last year and to some he looked jittery in the big game. More game experience never hurt. Just my $.02.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for not giving too much away but for me it's more about reps, reading defenses and making adjustments at the line. That game experience can't be provided during practice. Kap only started 10 games last year and to some he looked jittery in the big game. More game experience never hurt. Just my $.02.

I agree, just think that was Harbaughs reasoning.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'll take Kaepernick only playing one series as Harbaugh being pleased with where he's at right now.

It's clear Harbaugh places very little value in the preseason games and if he does it's likely only for the young guys to get a feel for being in an NFL game and getting work in.

It's obvious he prefers to get all his work done in practice when it comes to the starters and not to expose them to injury or tip their hand at all to what we plan on offense.

The offense we run in the preseason even Singletary would say it's boring and vanilla.

And it does make sense since our offense is largely based on game planning and since there really isn't game planning in preseason there really isn't a lot for our offense to gain out of it that we can't gain from practice.

It's why I don't take a lot of stock on how any of the guys on offense outside of the linemen.