• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely true......Sometimes, just the star player and they are down the tubes, especially if it's a franchise qb...
They may still win some games, but losing key players is detrimental to say the least...
People use the next man up mantra but it's usually a failure or big drop off ....
Last yr we lost our starting qb, rb,#1wr and star OLB along with a LT merry go round from injuries....Wiped us out.
Look back at the PM led Colts the yr he was injured and Curtis Painter and some other guy led them to a disastrous season and got the HC fired....1 player went down and so did the team....
There are many more but common sense alone will prove that out...Injuries matter and affect the team when it's key players...
This we can agree on.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are excuses. Injuries happen every year. The good teams find a way to still win. Here are two examples but I'm sure there are plenty more.
1. Matt Cassell replaces TB, team goes 11-5. Miss the P/Os but just barely.
2. NE last year, most combo of OL used in NFL due to injuries, #1 & 2 RB out, starting FB out, WRs in and out all year. That's just the offense. They went to the AFCCG and lost to a dominant Defense.
Credit goes to the coaches and FO.You can have the greatest players in the game. If they aren't coached properly theywon't win. If you don't build your franchise with quality back-ups and draft for the future too bad.
Stop with the excuses. Just do your job:thumb:

True to an extent, but they still had their playmakers, Gronk, Edelman, Brady and Josh McDaniels, probably the most creative OC in the game....drop Brady and Gronk and see how it goes....That can't be good !!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True to an extent, but they still had their playmakers, Gronk, Edelman, Brady and Josh McDaniels, probably the most creative OC in the game....drop Brady and Gronk and see how it goes....That can't be good !!
We've seen both of them out. We've seen both of them play less than 100%. I stand by my comments. They were still playoff teams.
Something else that doesn't get enough credit is team chemistry and leadership. Those two intangibles alone can carry teams.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen both of them out. We've seen both of them play less than 100%. I stand by my comments. They were still playoff teams.
Something else that doesn't get enough credit is team chemistry and leadership. Those two intangibles alone can carry teams.

Not at the same time, I seem to remember a few yrs back, Gronk out and that O wasn't near as effective even with Tom and Edelman....It's impossible not to effect a team in a negative way when you lose a playmaker, next man up can't replace that IMO....I seen Ray go down early one yr with an injury and his replacement did a fair job but it was a huge drop off and cost us in the end....

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are excuses. Injuries happen every year. The good teams find a way to still win. Here are two examples but I'm sure there are plenty more.
1. Matt Cassell replaces TB, team goes 11-5. Miss the P/Os but just barely.
2. NE last year, most combo of OL used in NFL due to injuries, #1 & 2 RB out, starting FB out, WRs in and out all year. That's just the offense. They went to the AFCCG and lost to a dominant Defense.
Credit goes to the coaches and FO.You can have the greatest players in the game. If they aren't coached properly theywon't win. If you don't build your franchise with quality back-ups and draft for the future too bad.
Stop with the excuses. Just do your job:thumb:
Have you seen them win an afc or SB championship without them? The fact remains that injuries are part of the game and if your team suffers significant injuries, especially in the case of the qb, you have no shot at winning a title.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Key player injuries are when Coaching staffs show their stuff.
Last year the Panthers lost Kelvin Benjamin in the preseason and still had 35 TD passes. Hell, Ted Ginn had 10. Much of that credit goes to Ricky Proehl, the receiver's coach and Shula the OC.
On the flip side Romo goes down and the Cowboys can't win. Before you jump my shit and say you can't compare losing a #1 receiver to losing a top flight QB you are right. But how many games did Brandon Weedon lose in a row for the Cowboys last year before getting cut and going to Houston and winning a couple of games?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. This goes under the category of malcontent. It's not bad enough he is crying about his contract. Came to camp saying he's there because it's all about the team. Calls out guys like Cam Newton to start the NFL black lives matter campaign. Makes a bunch of dumb comments over lunch with his brother. Then he goes and does this. He's a great player. Funny at times. But, damn learn when to shut up. I hope Marty B doesn't continue along the same libes.
Marty B can at times drive you crazy also, but the big difference between the two is that the Black Unicorn usually appears to be light hearted and joking, his brother seems to just be an ass that complains about everything, is never happy and can't shut the fuck up...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stayed away from the injury argument on purpose, but it time I said my piece. Not every injury is the same. While a team should be able to manage a few injuries to starters, if very key players go down its a different story. LT, DE, and QB's aren't positions easily replaced. Then you have teams with multiple injuries (NY Giants) a few years ago. In these situations injuries can be an excuse, losing a DT and TE shouldn't be an excuse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at the same time, I seem to remember a few yrs back, Gronk out and that O wasn't near as effective even with Tom and Edelman....It's impossible not to effect a team in a negative way when you lose a playmaker, next man up can't replace that IMO....I seen Ray go down early one yr with an injury and his replacement did a fair job but it was a huge drop off and cost us in the end....
That's a blanket statement. TB jumped in and replaced Bledsoe as an example.
Bottom line, in the NFL players will get injured. Having prepared properly by good drafting, FA moves, coaching...can over come injuries. It's too easy to use it as an excuse.
Using Ray as maybe the team gets a couple sacks less but his replacement is a better run defender. Having the ability to showcase the replacements talents by building a "team" is what seperates the great teams from the not so great teams.
No excuses next man up, do your job.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen them win an afc or SB championship without them? The fact remains that injuries are part of the game and if your team suffers significant injuries, especially in the case of the qb, you have no shot at winning a title.
Has every winner had 0 i juries? No all teams have injuries. So yes I have seen them win. Not just NE but every team that wins annually. Matt Cassel with no name receivers and other injuries went 11-5 so yes you can win even with a QB down. Great teams don't go 4-12, 5-11 because they lost a key player or two or three.
The injury excuse is for fans of teams who lose. Do you hear owners, GMs, coaches or players using injuries as an excuse? I'll help you here not any of the professionals you don't.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key player injuries are when Coaching staffs show their stuff.
Last year the Panthers lost Kelvin Benjamin in the preseason and still had 35 TD passes. Hell, Ted Ginn had 10. Much of that credit goes to Ricky Proehl, the receiver's coach and Shula the OC.
On the flip side Romo goes down and the Cowboys can't win. Before you jump my shit and say you can't compare losing a #1 receiver to losing a top flight QB you are right. But how many games did Brandon Weedon lose in a row for the Cowboys last year before getting cut and going to Houston and winning a couple of games?
No need to jump your shit. People put too much weight (no pun intended Romo fans) on top flight QBs. How many top flight QBs are out there? Just ask the Texans, Jets and any other team that was looking for a starter. There aren't that many. Maybe there are 10? We can debate who they are in a different chat.
Unlike other sports, football is a team sport. One or two key players being out should not cripple your team.
I know most fans don't like to think or say their team has a system QB or it's the system that's why "x" team wins. Some fans think thisis being disrespectful. I don't and have said it many times on here. Great teams have a system that works. They draft bring in players that fit that system. Otherwise they're not very smart. It takes cooperation between owner, GM and HC not always easy to do. Just take a look around the NFL and teams that are consistently winning have a cohesive FO.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has every winner had 0 i juries? No all teams have injuries. So yes I have seen them win. Not just NE but every team that wins annually. Matt Cassel with no name receivers and other injuries went 11-5 so yes you can win even with a QB down. Great teams don't go 4-12, 5-11 because they lost a key player or two or three.
The injury excuse is for fans of teams who lose. Do you hear owners, GMs, coaches or players using injuries as an excuse? I'll help you here not any of the professionals you don't.
Randy Moss and Wes Welker are no name receivers now? I've seen plenty of posts that seem to have lost touch with reality, but that might take the cake.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stayed away from the injury argument on purpose, but it time I said my piece. Not every injury is the same. While a team should be able to manage a few injuries to starters, if very key players go down its a different story. LT, DE, and QB's aren't positions easily replaced. Then you have teams with multiple injuries (NY Giants) a few years ago. In these situations injuries can be an excuse, losing a DT and TE shouldn't be an excuse.
NE made it to the AFCCG game last year. Over 39 combinations used on the O line due to injuries. Which included pkugging in a rookie center and loss of L and RT. Their # 1&2 RB has a huge effect on a team with a QB that has zero mobility. Are you telling me a team losing a Sanchez, Cutler, Fitz (name any 2nd, 3rd and many top tier) QBs would be a bigger loss than a Gronk?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2008 Patriots team was still stacked, and they had a crazy easy schedule that year, too. They only beat 3 teams with a winning record all season. There is not a doubt in my mind that they easily win the division and probably 14 or 15 games with a healthy Tom Brady.

So although they performed well without their star qb, his injury most certainly cost them a playoff spot and a chance to go back to the Super Bowl.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Moss and Wes Welker are no name receivers now? I've seen plenty of posts that seem to have lost touch with reality, but that might take the cake.
The old washed up Randy Moss no one else wanted or the receiver that the lowly Dolphins let go?
Hmmmmm maybe it's the system?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE made it to the AFCCG game last year. Over 39 combinations used on the O line due to injuries. Which included pkugging in a rookie center and loss of L and RT. Their # 1&2 RB has a huge effect on a team with a QB that has zero mobility. Are you telling me a team losing a Sanchez, Cutler, Fitz (name any 2nd, 3rd and many top tier) QBs would be a bigger loss than a Gronk?
I'll try to make it real simple for you. Not all injuries are equal. You keep pointing outo that NE was fine without Brady, maybe that just means Brady isn't as good as NE Homers make him out to be. If Carolina loses Cam and Kueckly how do you think they'll do or GB losing Rodgers? Those injuries will doom their season. At the same time both teams can manages key injuries elsewhere on their roster.
Again not all injuries are equal.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2008 Patriots team was still stacked, and they had a crazy easy schedule that year, too. They only beat 3 teams with a winning record all season. There is not a doubt in my mind that they easily win the division and probably 14 or 15 games with a healthy Tom Brady.

So although they performed well without their star qb, his injury most certainly cost them a playoff spot and a chance to go back to the Super Bowl.
As they say that briefs well. Reality is NE had major injuries again last year. They continually find a way to win and not use injuries as an excuse. Their are likely others but not many.