• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue the number of games missed by certain players. As always that's going to open up who is more key than who? How many games is significant time lost? Is a certain position lost more important than others? That's way to subjective to get into it. Alternating OL was mainly because of injuries some were for tge year like Solder others were week to week or month to month you can look it up on PFR if you care?
But thank you for inadvertently making my point. Whether a player is out indefinetly or a team has to move players into unfamiliar positions like NE did last year shows a well established team can still win.

YES.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to argue the number of games missed by certain players. As always that's going to open up who is more key than who? How many games is significant time lost? Is a certain position lost more important than others? That's way to subjective to get into it. Alternating OL was mainly because of injuries some were for tge year like Solder others were week to week or month to month you can look it up on PFR if you care?
But thank you for inadvertently making my point. Whether a player is out indefinetly or a team has to move players into unfamiliar positions like NE did last year shows a well established team can still win.

I never said they couldn't win. I said they couldn't win it all.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when he was on the Raiders in the middle of their dumpster fire stretch, with immortal qb's like broken down Kerry Collins and Andrew Walter throwing passes to him? Gee, you're right, I can't imagine why he would struggle under those circumstances.

I mean, you seriously called Randy Moss, a sure fire Hall of Famer, and Wes Welker, arguably the greatest slot receiver ever, no name receivers. That's what's stupid, and I think you know it.
So two years prior to Moss coming to NE and two years after his #s sucked. so do great players make teams? Or do teams make great
Players? Chicken/egg?
Come on man no one even knew who Welker was before he came to NE.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how many Tom Brady's are there? If it was so easy to find that guy, why not just jettison Tom Brady and replace him with another late round draft pick? Then you can save all that cap room, and when that guy's contract runs out you can get rid of him for another late round draft pick.

But I noticed you didn't bother to answer my question, but I still want to know. Would you rather lose Tom Brady for the season or Chris Hogan?
I'd rather win, so whatever that takes. Care to answer any of my questions now?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two years prior to Moss coming to NE and two years after his #s sucked. so do great players make teams? Or do teams make great
Players? Chicken/egg?
The greatest coaches in the world couldn't make me into an NFL caliber player. You have to have talent. And Moss was an elite talent, maybe even the most talented receiver ever. His problem was always attitude. He had plenty of great seasons in Minnesota before he wore out his welcome there.

Welker was known more for his returns than receiving at that point, but he was thought of well enough that the Patriots were willing to part with a draft pick to get him. He was certainly no scrub.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting S-ILB from last year in Josh Mauga just strained his groin. Thought he was going to lose his job to Justin March and/or Ramik Wilson anyways, but this may seal his fate.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I still haven't made any excuses, but it's ridiculously stupid to think that injuries don't play a part in how an NFL season plays out.
I've said it from the behining. All teams have injuries. How you deal with them is what matters. It's like playing in inclement weather. If you're a throw first team and you're playing in a down pour with sustained winds and you can't adapt to run the ball, make excuses and take the loss. I prefer a well balanced, well coached team that are able to overcome obstacles without making excuses.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather win, so whatever that takes. Care to answer any of my questions now?
I've been answering your questions, yet you refuse to answer mine. Would you rather lose Tom Brady for the season or Chris Hogan?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it from the behining. All teams have injuries. How you deal with them is what matters. It's like playing in inclement weather. If you're a throw first team and you're playing in a down pour with sustained winds and you can't adapt to run the ball, make excuses and take the loss. I prefer a well balanced, well coached team that are able to overcome obstacles without making excuses.
All teams have injuries, but not all injuries are equal. True or false?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have loved to see Gaines (an actual CB that can play nickel in 2015) Maclin, Houston, and one of Charles/Ware/West healthy for the playoffs last year. Just wasn't meant to be.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad we aren't in it....last yr was over kill !!
Although we have some guys on PUP, it's precaution more than anything else...Suggs sneaked into the conditioning test and passed it....Wouldn't be surprised if someone gets fined for that....

We are in it, OS! Did you hear the word on Kaufusi? Big guy fell on him yesterday - ankle busted. Done for season. :(

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest coaches in the world couldn't make me into an NFL caliber player. You have to have talent. And Moss was an elite talent, maybe even the most talented receiver ever. His problem was always attitude. He had plenty of great seasons in Minnesota before he wore out his welcome there.

Welker was known more for his returns than receiving at that point, but he was thought of well enough that the Patriots were willing to part with a draft pick to get him. He was certainly no scrub.
All NFL players are talented. Some more than others. Putting a player in a position that both compliments the players skills while ensuring it compliments the team is the key. unfortunately, some potential superstars never achieve that level do to the system.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker was known more for his returns than receiving at that point, but he was thought of well enough that the Patriots were willing to part with a draft pick to get him. He was certainly no scrub.[/QUOTE]

Yet you made it about his slot receiver accomplishments:scratch:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All NFL players are talented. Some more than others. Putting a player in a position that both compliments the players skills while ensuring it compliments the team is the key. unfortunately, some potential superstars never achieve that level do to the system.
That's actually true. That's what separates teams like the Patriots from the Browns.

But even in the NFL there are levels of talent. Certainly there's not another tight end as talented as Gronk. Or a defensive end on the level of Watt.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet you made it about his slot receiver accomplishments:scratch:[/QUOTE]
Because he was a great slot receiver. You called him a no name in 2008. He wasn't a no name. Even if he wasn't that well known on the Dolphins, after the 2007 season everyone knew who he was.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been answering your questions, yet you refuse to answer mine. Would you rather lose Tom Brady for the season or Chris Hogan?
Well you haven't but that's ok.
I have answered you. Whatever it takes to win. We can speculate losing TB is a greater loss than Hogan. We may find out depending on what Jimmy G does games 1-4? What I'm getting at, is it's more about the team than the player. Each player has a role. Having other players who can step into that role is what matters. Having a scheme and a well coached team that is repeatable by mixing and matching is the key to success.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually true. That's what separates teams like the Patriots from the Browns.

But even in the NFL there are levels of talent. Certainly there's not another tight end as talented as Gronk. Or a defensive end on the level of Watt.
We're getting to a middle spot. Both are arguably the best at their position. But if you put Gronk on Cleveland he likely doesn't put up those numbers. Same for Watt...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players? Chicken/egg?
Tell you what, give Belicheck and his system a bunch of so so players, and I'll give you the Browns. Coaching is very important in football, but you still need good players that includes some elite ones to win in the NFL.

Belicheck was a failure in Cleveland and now he's a genius, what changed?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our starting S-ILB from last year in Josh Mauga just strained his groin. Thought he was going to lose his job to Justin March and/or Ramik Wilson anyways, but this may seal his fate.
This is one of the injuries that won't cripple a team, being that the next in line is equal or maybe better anyway.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the difference between a bad coach and a good coach is about 2 games so its important but nowhere near as important as the talent base of the team as a whole.