• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old washed up Randy Moss no one else wanted or the receiver that the lowly Dolphins let go?
Hmmmmm maybe it's the system?
This cannot be a serious post. I refuse to believe you're that stupid.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to make it real splendid for you. Not all injuries are equal. You keep pointing outo that NE was fine without Brady, maybe that just means Brady isn't as good as NE Homers make him out to be. If Carolina loses Cam and Kueckly how do you think they'll do or GB losing Rodgers? Those injuries will doom their season. At the same time both teams can manages key injuries elsewhere on their roster.
Again not all injuries are equal.
I know this is hard for you it's a TEAM. See my other posts. If you put all your eggs in one basket, have a shitty FO/coach combination take what you get.
NE has a great system. We fans waited a long time for that. I'm ok with calling TB a system QB. Bring on the titles call him whatever you want.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they say that briefs well. Reality is NE had major injuries again last year. They continually find a way to win and not use injuries as an excuse. Their are likely others but not many.
You seem to be missing the point that not all injuries are equal. The Patriots had one season without Tom Brady, and despite an easy schedule and a loaded team that went 16-0 the previous year, they failed to make the playoffs. Now, do you think the reason they missed the playoffs that year might have had something to do with starting Matt Cassel for 15 games instead of Tom Brady?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old washed up Randy Moss no one else wanted or the receiver that the lowly Dolphins let go?
Hmmmmm maybe it's the system?
The Randy Moss who was a top WR in 2007 , 2008 , and 2009
Teams didn't want Moss the headcase, Moss the WR would have been welcomed on nearly all teams. Stop sounding like a complete idiot, I'm sure your not, but you homerism gets in the way.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is hard for you it's a TEAM. See my other posts. If you put all your eggs in one basket, have a shitty FO/coach combination take what you get.
NE has a great system. We fans waited a long time for that. I'm ok with calling TB a system QB. Bring on the titles call him whatever you want.
Maybe playing in the AFCE helped.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some players have more impact on the team than others. Some guys are more replaceable than others.

If I told you that either Tom Brady or Chris Hogan was going to be lost to injury all next season but you got to choose, which one would you pick? If you pick Hogan you're admitting Brady is more valuable to the team than Hogan, and if you say it doesn't matter I say you're a liar.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me the most about injury excuses are that they are usually retroactive. I remember a Cards-Hawks game late in 2014, where Palmer was injured. Pre game, Cards fans were liking their chances because they had still been winning games. Post game, totally different story, they acted like they never had a chance because of the injury.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to make it real simple for you. Not all injuries are equal. You keep pointing outo that NE was fine without Brady, maybe that just means Brady isn't as good as NE Homers make him out to be. If Carolina loses Cam and Kueckly how do you think they'll do or GB losing Rodgers? Those injuries will doom their season. At the same time both teams can manages key injuries elsewhere on their roster.
Again not all injuries are equal.
Uh.. The Panthers were without Benjamin for the season, Kuechly for 3 games and without Cam for one and they won all of those games. Now to your point if they would have lost either for the season, particularly Cam, they would not have gone 15/1, but they still would have salvaged the season. We have a great back up QB in Derrick Anderson and great depth at linebacker. Except for our tight end Olsen no team would have traded their receivers for ours and we still had 35 TD passes. Having said that, good coaching develops alternate plans to account for key losses. I just do not think Dallas had the coaching staff last year to overcome key personnel losses. You also have to question their ability to judge talent and build a team with quality back-up players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This cannot be a serious post. I refuse to believe you're that stupid.
Enlighten me ole wise one. 200-2006 Moss had 8 and 3 TDs respectively. He was rumored to have lost a step, he was a problem in the locker room... teams were not beating down his door to sign him. NE showed him veteran respect, paid him just under 10 million a year, he didn't have any locker room issues, NE traded him to MN and look what happened to him.
Maybe a great system is stupid?
Or maybe you were talking about Wes:dhd:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be missing the point that not all injuries are equal. The Patriots had one season without Tom Brady, and despite an easy schedule and a loaded team that went 16-0 the previous year, they failed to make the playoffs. Now, do you think the reason they missed the playoffs that year might have had something to do with starting Matt Cassel for 15 games instead of Tom Brady?
You seem to be missing the point. Stop using the injury excuse. I've named multiple different scenarios using a top quality QB to multiple players going down in the same year.
Are you just setting the table in case your team has an injury or two this year?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they say that briefs well. Reality is NE had major injuries again last year. They continually find a way to win and not use injuries as an excuse. Their are likely others but not many.
No they didn't. Alternating the o-line and having different receivers / RB's go down at different times is not the same as losing Brady and Gronk.

I understand your point, but for you to act like significant injuries aren't that big of a deal is asinine. Cards made the playoffs a couple of years ago with their top 2 QB's out, and top RB out. However we all knew they stood no chance in the playoffs because of those injuries.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.. The Panthers were without Benjamin for the season, Kuechly for 3 games and without Cam for one and they won all of those games. Now to your point if they would have lost either for the season, particularly Cam, they would not have gone 15/1, but they still would have salvaged the season. We have a great back up QB in Derrick Anderson and great depth at linebacker. Except for our tight end Olsen no team would have traded their receivers for ours and we still had 35 TD passes. Having said that, good coaching develops alternate plans to account for key losses. I just do not think Dallas had the coaching staff last year to overcome key personnel losses. You also have to question their ability to judge talent and build a team with quality back-up players.

I'm not talking about a game or two, I'm talking majority of the season. And I highly doubt any Panther fan will be OK going with Anderson for any prolonged time.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enlighten me ole wise one. 200-2006 Moss had 8 and 3 TDs respectively. He was rumored to have lost a step, he was a problem in the locker room... teams were not beating down his door to sign him. NE showed him veteran respect, paid him just under 10 million a year, he didn't have any locker room issues, NE traded him to MN and look what happened to him.

Because every smart team pays old washed up players 10 mil a year. :L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some players have more impact on the team than others. Some guys are more replaceable than others.

If I told you that either Tom Brady or Chris Hogan was going to be lost to injury all next season but you got to choose, which one would you pick? If you pick Hogan you're admitting Brady is more valuable to the team than Hogan, and if you say it doesn't matter I say you're a liar.
You're mind is clouded on what fans perceive as value. If I said pickk#199 who wasn't even a four year starter @ MI was going to replace Drew Bledsoe what would you say? See this works both ways. We can interchange players at will for discussion purposes. But what stays constant is a teams system from the owner on down until you replace the GM or coach.
Great teams find a way to win. Then we have teams with an ego maniac owner who for 20 years thinks he's a football, mind, GM and coach. That team has an abundance of talent year in and year out. Stacked with superstars yet they haven't won anything in 20 years.
Stop making excuses, in the words of Al Davis "just win baby", or continue to make excuses. It's your choice. If you choose the easy way have fun making those excuses.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to see if tge mods will let you change your name to Nostradamous? Many in NE said the same thing pre Brady Bledsoe.

Also you'll see in some of my posts that I said there are other teams who have had injuries yet continue to win.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean when he was on the Raiders in the middle of their dumpster fire stretch, with immortal qb's like broken down Kerry Collins and Andrew Walter throwing passes to him? Gee, you're right, I can't imagine why he would struggle under those circumstances.

I mean, you seriously called Randy Moss, a sure fire Hall of Famer, and Wes Welker, arguably the greatest slot receiver ever, no name receivers. That's what's stupid, and I think you know it.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're mind is clouded on what fans perceive as value. If I said pickk#199 who wasn't even a four year starter @ MI was going to replace Drew Bledsoe what would you say? See this works both ways. We can interchange players at will for discussion purposes. But what stays constant is a teams system from the owner on down until you replace the GM or coach.
Great teams find a way to win. Then we have teams with an ego maniac owner who for 20 years thinks he's a football, mind, GM and coach. That team has an abundance of talent year in and year out. Stacked with superstars yet they haven't won anything in 20 years.
Stop making excuses, in the words of Al Davis "just win baby", or continue to make excuses. It's your choice. If you choose the easy way have fun making those excuses.
And how many Tom Brady's are there? If it was so easy to find that guy, why not just jettison Tom Brady and replace him with another late round draft pick? Then you can save all that cap room, and when that guy's contract runs out you can get rid of him for another late round draft pick.

But I noticed you didn't bother to answer my question, but I still want to know. Would you rather lose Tom Brady for the season or Chris Hogan?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I still haven't made any excuses, but it's ridiculously stupid to think that injuries don't play a part in how an NFL season plays out.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cam goes down for any significant time, the Panthers may win the division (mostly because of lack of talent in the division) , but they don't make the SB. Hell, they probably don't win a playoff game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they didn't. Alternating the o-line and having different receivers / RB's go down at different times is not the same as losing Brady and Gronk.

I understand your point, but for you to act like significant injuries aren't that big of a deal is asinine. Cards made the playoffs a couple of years ago with their top 2 QB's out, and top RB out. However we all knew they stood no chance in the playoffs because of those injuries.
I'm not going to argue the number of games missed by certain players. As always that's going to open up who is more key than who? How many games is significant time lost? Is a certain position lost more important than others? That's way to subjective to get into it. Alternating OL was mainly because of injuries some were for tge year like Solder others were week to week or month to month you can look it up on PFR if you care?
But thank you for inadvertently making my point. Whether a player is out indefinetly or a team has to move players into unfamiliar positions like NE did last year shows a well established team can still win.