• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the difference between a bad coach and a good coach is about 2 games so its important but nowhere near as important as the talent base of the team as a whole.
I know quite of few Cowboy fans who will disagree with the line up of coaches Dallas brought in after Johnson.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me the most about injury excuses are that they are usually retroactive. I remember a Cards-Hawks game late in 2014, where Palmer was injured. Pre game, Cards fans were liking their chances because they had still been winning games. Post game, totally different story, they acted like they never had a chance because of the injury.
Its because there is a level of conflating where as a fan you confuse a teams odds based on what you've seen and not what actually could be.

I thought the Chiefs could've beaten the Patriots in the playoffs last year but you could tell that the D wasnt going to be good enough from the opening drive.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know quite of few Cowboy fans who will disagree with the line up of coaches Dallas brought in after Johnson.
As an outsider, I always thought Emmitt Smith was everything to those teams. I believe his 3 best years all directly coincide with Super Bowl wins

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet you made it about his slot receiver accomplishments:scratch:
Because he was a great slot receiver. You called him a no name in 2008. He wasn't a no name. Even if he wasn't that well known on the Dolphins, after the 2007 season everyone knew who he was.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I disagree everyone knew that. The NE FO saw the potential. Put him in a system that made him a Probowl player. Since everyone seems to like speculating. If Welker stayed in Mia maybe he never sniffs a Probowl?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I always thought Emmitt Smith was everything to those teams. I believe his 3 best years all directly coincide with Super Bowl wins
The team was great way beyond Emmett. Now look at the coaches immediately following Johnson, and you'll understand where I'm coming from. Now maybe I'm being unfair because none were really fit to be HC's in the first place.
I will agree a good coach needs a good team to win.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, give Belicheck and his system a bunch of so so players, and I'll give you the Browns. Coaching is very important in football, but you still need good players that includes some elite ones to win in the NFL.

Belicheck was a failure in Cleveland and now he's a genius, what changed?
Expirence along with an owner and FO that isn't dysfunctional. Team chemistry. Rule changes. Instant replay. CBA. GM duties, players buying into teams vision...

BB has an uncanny way of finding mediocre talent that thrives in his system. Sure he's human and misses on some draft picks. But he also realizes a 1st round draft pick doesn't equate to stardom. For the past 15 years he routinely selects late in the 1st round unless he trades it away, or the NFL strips him of a pick. So he's been able to take presumed "lesser" talented players and make them quality contributors in his system.
It will be interesting to see how Chandler Jones does in AZ? He should be a super star? Time will tell. I'm sure BB would've loved to keep him but foresight was he wouldn't be able to pay him next year. So he trades a potential star in order to keep the team relevant year after year. Some teams just can't do this.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you haven't but that's ok.
I have answered you. Whatever it takes to win. We can speculate losing TB is a greater loss than Hogan. We may find out depending on what Jimmy G does games 1-4? What I'm getting at, is it's more about the team than the player. Each player has a role. Having other players who can step into that role is what matters. Having a scheme and a well coached team that is repeatable by mixing and matching is the key to success.
What haven't I answered?

I asked you two questions specifically. You finally beat around the bush about the injury, but it was a well done political answer that seems to answer the question without actually answering it. And you haven't bothered with the other at all.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the difference between a bad coach and a good coach is about 2 games so its important but nowhere near as important as the talent base of the team as a whole.
All teams have talent. How they use that talent is the difference. The cap is supposed to keep parity within the league. To a certain extent it does. Bad teams continually draft "potential superstars" so they have talent. Great teams use combinations of stars and quality back ups. Not overpaying for players. It's up to the GM/coaches to find a way to win. All those players are freakish athletes. Ok maybe not the kickers, lol. But bad organizations routinely replace coaches and GMs. Very difficult to build a winning culture that way.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is a different animal. We all know Jerry coaches that team. Honestly, I think that's the Cowboys biggest problem. That or the coach has to be such an ass kisser he's not effective as a coach.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams have talent.
Not really.

Look at Seattle's defense and then look at New Orleans and Jacksonville trying to run that same defense.

BB is the best and it shows up. The NE/Balt playoff game in 2014 is a really good example. He outcoached Andy Reid last year but I think thats moot. If Tom Brady was in KC and Alex Smith in NE then the results wouldve been the opposite.

A good example of BB's limitations are is Super Bowls against the Giants. When you hear him talking on the sidelines about who he wants to get the ball and then Manningham makes the grab anyways...then at some point coaching is just people on the sidelines.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What haven't I answered?

I asked you two questions specifically. You finally beat around the bush about the injury, but it was a well done political answer that seems to answer the question without actually answering it. And you haven't bothered with the other at all.
So I answered it but didn't answer it:scratch:I'm slowly understanding why you're having difficulties with this now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Look at Seattle's defense and then look at New Orleans and Jacksonville trying to run that same defense.

BB is the best and it shows up. The NE/Balt playoff game in 2014 is a really good example. He outcoached Andy Reid last year but I think thats moot. If Tom Brady was in KC and Alex Smith in NE then the results wouldve been the opposite.

A good example of BB's limitations are is Super Bowls against the Giants. When you hear him talking on the sidelines about who he wants to get the ball and then Manningham makes the grab anyways...then at some point coaching is just people on the sidelines.
You're making assumptions. I'm talking reality and facts.
Name me one team that doesn't have talented players? I'll save you time. There isn't one. They all have talent.
I've mentioned repeatedly it's the whole team concept. Not one piece. Seattle loaded up on the D. Many will argue NO loaded up on Offense. Others will argue NO was a more balanced team. Now depending on the skill set each player has is what a coach needs to emphasise. So even though some of the NO defenders were great in that sytem, they may fail or not obtain the same level of success in Pete Carroll's Defense.
I can't argue specific games. This would go on for ever. It's about consistency over an extended period.
Oh before I forget the Jags, well they are the Jags after all. Who knows they may surprise us. If Bortles can curb his appetite for picks they have a chance in that division.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I answered it but didn't answer it:scratch:I'm slowly understanding why you're having difficulties with this now.
You gave a non-answer answer. It was a decent deflection.

I'll give you another try: would you rather have Brady lost for the season or Hogan lost for the season?
True or false: all teams suffer injuries, but not all injuries are equal.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making assumptions. I'm talking reality and facts.
Name me one team that doesn't have talented players? I'll save you time. There isn't one. They all have talent.
I've mentioned repeatedly it's the whole team concept. Not one piece. Seattle loaded up on the D. Many will argue NO loaded up on Offense. Others will argue NO was a more balanced team. Now depending on the skill set each player has is what a coach needs to emphasise. So even though some of the NO defenders were great in that sytem, they may fail or not obtain the same level of success in Pete Carroll's Defense.
I can't argue specific games. This would go on for ever. It's about consistency over an extended period.
Oh before I forget the Jags, well they are the Jags after all. Who knows they may surprise us. If Bortles can curb his appetite for picks they have a chance in that division.
Assumptions? I was providing examples that speak for themselves.

If you think all teams are equally talented then you are nuts. If you're arguing something else then fine but its too difficult to actually make out a coherent argument.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gave a non-answer answer. It was a decent deflection.

I'll give you another try: would you rather have Brady lost for the season or Hogan lost for the season?
True or false: all teams suffer injuries, but not all injuries are equal.
I continue to answer you. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it wrong.
Why speculate on things that:
1. You have no control over?
2. Games haven't even started yet.

To placate your narrow mindedness I'll give you this, so you can spin it anyway you want.
Brady means more to the team above and beyond his talent. He's a team captain, He's a leader, the team fully supports him. Hogan is an unknown at this point. Does this mean the team won't rally around Jimmy G? No it doesn't. Does it mean Jimmy G can't possibly be better than Brady? No it doesn't. Does it mean Hogan could be Jimmy G's go to guy? No it doesn't. So it doesn't really matter who I'd rather have missing the season. Ask me after the season maybe I'll be able to answer it based on facts not speculation. It's about wins and the team. Not individuals.

Since you continue to choose to not answer any of my questions, go back thru the posts you'll see them. I went ahead and answered my own this time.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assumptions? I was providing examples that speak for themselves.

If you think all teams are equally talented then you are nuts. If you're arguing something else then fine but its too difficult to actually make out a coherent argument.
So you ask me to take what two teams NO and Jack would do trying to run Seattle's D. That's not speculating:rolleyes2::scratch:.

Define talent before we start the Midwest two step. Again I think you'll be speculating what/who is considered talented and to what level. So to say teams are equal in talent is subjective at best.