• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of heads turn when the center is out. I liked him out of college, just grateful the Chiefs were right about Morse.

I was a big Grasu fan as well. Center is a very underrated position in my opinion as they are truly the brains in the trenches and if your QB and the rest of the OL are not on the same page man it can lead to some huge disasterous plays.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it depends on the depth and where the injury happens. Last year for example DeMarcus Ware went down for the Broncos for about half the season. They could weather that big hit because they had 2 guys behind him that were starter quality. We lost our 2 starting safeties though and next thing you know we are calling people off the street to come in and our defense struggled for a couple of games because we didn't have great depth. To me Ware is a much better player than either of our starting 2 safeties but the injuries mattered where there is depth.

So guys like Roethlisberger or Wilson or whatever it depends on if they have a quality back up. I mean Patriots for example probably didn't figure they had a HOF QB sitting behind Bledsoe way back in the day but they didn't see huge drop off even though at the time Bledsoe was considered a pretty decent QB.
Glad to see someone else understands it's not cut and dry. It's all about balance and coaching. Teams with the biggest "stars" or have used the most cap wise don't always win. You never know what a person is capable of until they meet adversity.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a big Grasu fan as well. Center is a very underrated position in my opinion as they are truly the brains in the trenches and if your QB and the rest of the OL are not on the same page man it can lead to some huge disasterous plays.
You're much more eloquent then I:yo:. Long winded as well but you've seen to have curbed that, good on you:tea:.

If you have a decent back up at one postion who replaces your superstar. Yet don't have a suitable replacement for a different player like the DBs on Denver last year. If you had to lose a player which one would you choose?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a Snickers you way too Hangry this early in the morning. Is that what 2 decades of frustration does?
Why would you think I care if people think I'm a stubborn ass or not? As I've said multiple times on these boards, I'll defend my beliefs to the end. Unlike so many other flip floppers on here you never know what their point is.
So are you going to go on record and say that losing Brady would be a bigger loss than losing Hogan? Or are you going to desecrate his reputation and give out ammo to anyone that wants it for the rest of the year by not doing so. As of right now I have it down as you and Hammer being the only two people with Internet access that think Brady is that shitty that losing him would not necessarily be worse than losing Hogan. Trust me, it's going to be more fun if you keep being stubborn and don't admit it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you going to go on record and say that losing Brady would be a bigger loss than losing Hogan? Or are you going to desecrate his reputation and give out ammo to anyone that wants it for the rest of the year by not doing so. As of right now I have it down as you and Hammer being the only two people with Internet access that think Brady is that shitty that losing him would not necessarily be worse than losing Hogan. Trust me, it's going to be more fun if you keep being stubborn and don't admit it.

Would you rather be baked or boiled?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no answers from yet? I've come to expect it now. No big deal. Stay in your restrained way of thinking. You, ESPN and social media wil go far. Continue to talk bs without backing it up. You've brought nothing but speculation and nonesense over and over and over again. I took for you for being bigger than that. Guess I was wrong. Oh well continue to spew nothingness. You're really, really, really good at it:thumb:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're much more eloquent then I:yo:. Long winded as well but you've seen to have curbed that, good on you:tea:.

If you have a decent back up at one postion who replaces your superstar. Yet don't have a suitable replacement for a different player like the DBs on Denver last year. If you had to lose a player which one would you choose?

If I had to lose one of our super star players? Probably either Corner, WR, or Ware again. So far Talib has been missing practice with the gun shot wound and our next wave of guys have played outstanding. Heck Broncos are the only team last year to have 3 Corners finish in the top-30 grading for the position so our back up is a starter level player. WR again I like our back ups. Most at camp are saying this is the best group of WR's they have ever seen in Denver. And then again the OLB position is pretty loaded with Ray and Barrett just waiting to get on the field.

Positions that if they went down the Broncos would probably be in trouble...OL. We have maybe 2 quality back ups for the OL but even there not sure we have anybody of high quality beyond our starting 5 and even there questions of their quality. DL. We just have such unknown depth at the position. We have some guys with very high upside like our 2nd round pick in the draft this year and our 6th round pick last year that has shined at camp so far but again those are unknowns until they get on the field.

QB honestly not sure you would see that big of a drop off from one guy clear down to our 3rd guy. They all have some great strengths and some huge weaknesses.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still no answers from yet? I've come to expect it now. No big deal. Stay in your restrained way of thinking. You, ESPN and social media wil go far. Continue to talk bs without backing it up. You've brought nothing but speculation and nonesense over and over and over again. I took for you for being bigger than that. Guess I was wrong. Oh well continue to spew nothingness. You're really, really, really good at it:thumb:
God, that doesn't even come close to making sense. Happy hour?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to lose one of our super star players? Probably either Corner, WR, or Ware again. So far Talib has been missing practice with the gun shot wound and our next wave of guys have played outstanding. Heck Broncos are the only team last year to have 3 Corners finish in the top-30 grading for the position so our back up is a starter level player. WR again I like our back ups. Most at camp are saying this is the best group of WR's they have ever seen in Denver. And then again the OLB position is pretty loaded with Ray and Barrett just waiting to get on the field.

Positions that if they went down the Broncos would probably be in trouble...OL. We have maybe 2 quality back ups for the OL but even there not sure we have anybody of high quality beyond our starting 5 and even there questions of their quality. DL. We just have such unknown depth at the position. We have some guys with very high upside like our 2nd round pick in the draft this year and our 6th round pick last year that has shined at camp so far but again those are unknowns until they get on the field.

QB honestly not sure you would see that big of a drop off from one guy clear down to our 3rd guy. They all have some great strengths and some huge weaknesses.
This thread went sideways. It went from using injuries as an excuse to what happens if this guy or that guy gets injured?
Everyone gets hyped over a few "star" players, if one, two or three players being injured caused your team to only win just 4 games you have bigger problems IMHO. It's like a bad call. If one bad call is your reason for losing a game you have bigger problems. Inclement weather the same thing. All of these happen every year and will continue to happen. It's part of the game. Stop using them as excuses. These comments aren't directed at you. Just putting it out there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More proof^^^ thanks for participating:suds:

WTF are you even talking about. Can you make one legitimate point or do you just want to walk around with the same kick me sign you wore throughout HS? ?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF are you even talking about. Can you make one legitimate point or do you just want to walk around with the same kick me sign you wore throughout HS? ?
Really, coming from you? How many posts did you repeat who would be a bigger loss Brady or Hogan.
Congrats it took until 7 pm pst for you to do it. But you did. You just won moronic post of the day:thumb::suds::clap::dingdingding::drool::first:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread went sideways. It went from using injuries as an excuse to what happens if this guy or that guy gets injured?
Everyone gets hyped over a few "star" players, if one, two or three players being injured caused your team to only win just 4 games you have bigger problems IMHO. It's like a bad call. If one bad call is your reason for losing a game you have bigger problems. Inclement weather the same thing. All of these happen every year and will continue to happen. It's part of the game. Stop using them as excuses. These comments aren't directed at you. Just putting it out there.

I agree some and not at the same time.

One bad call can't be why you lose a game. There were plenty of other opportunities in the game to have won whether that bad call happened or not. I will agree with you on that. Too many fans want to blame the officials and while they are not perfect there are still plenty of other things that decide a game.

Inclement weather as well cannot be to blame. Both teams have to play in it. Yes maybe the home team is used to practicing in the cold and wind but all of these players at some point have played a cold weather game. It is just part of the game.

And now onto the star players going down. Again I think it depends some on the position and the quality of player behind them. A lot of times there is a huge drop off of play at that position. For example at least in my opinion I don't think the Broncos win the Super Bowl last year if say Von Miller went down with injury either week 17 or any game in the playoffs. He was a one man wrecking ball that made plays that completely changed the outcome of the games. Same for Carolina though in I'm not sure they make it to the Super Bowl if Cam Newton went down. I don't know the quality of their back ups but their system they ran required a QB like Cam Newton to run it and well there are not many of those type of QB's out there. Now some of that such as with the Broncos is because they already had a huge weakness against the team in their offense being down right terrible. They needed the defense to operate at top level and the best player on that defense to be the star. They couldn't cover up for a bad game by the defense. They lacked depth or at least quality players on the OL and QB position to do that. So I guess you could say the Broncos had bigger problems and were fortunate to have stayed pretty healthy on the defensive side of the ball.

Still I would say because of the hard cap that the NFL has it limits a teams ability to build quality depth throughout the roster. So there are some STAR players that a team can't lose because it weakens the entire unit.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'll try to make it real simple for you. Not all injuries are equal, some key injuries can be an excuse whole other shouldn't be. I seam to remember Pat fans claiming if Brady didn't get hurt in 2008. They'd have made the playoffs and had a good chance at winning the SB. Guess what dumdum that was a fucking excuse.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I'll try to make it real simple for you. Not all injuries are equal, some key injuries can be an excuse whole other shouldn't be. I seam to remember Pat fans claiming if Brady didn't get hurt in 2008. They'd have made the playoffs and had a good chance at winning the SB. Guess what dumdum that was a fucking excuse.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
I certainly don't represent all Pats fans. I really don't care what they said. Unlike some group of fans on the hoop, NE fans don't have to agree 100% of the time.
I for one do not use the injury excuse, weather excuse or a bad call for my teams losses. If you choose to more power to you and anyone else who chooses to use them. You can say what you want about me. Call me whatever you like. I will defend my position and likewise call those who do use them weenies.
Fair enough?

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with injuries is that they happen. All teams have them, I'd say that factor pretty much evens out over the course of a season. Also, some players from the bench get to play when another is injured, and sometimes that works out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting to a middle spot. Both are arguably the best at their position. But if you put Gronk on Cleveland he likely doesn't put up those numbers. Same for Watt...

I actually think Gronk and Watt would put up similar numbers because they are simply that talented.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with injuries is that they happen. All teams have them, I'd say that factor pretty much evens out over the course of a season. Also, some players from the bench get to play when another is injured, and sometimes that works out.

Again though even if Team A has 5 starters go to the IR and Team B has 5 starters go to the IR that doesn't mean all 5 injuries equal out. Let's say Team A is the Patriots and they lost Brady, Gronk, Collins, Hightower, and McCourty where Team B loses 5 players that wouldn't hardly make another team's roster but are starters for that team. Would you still say that evens out? Or would you say the Patriots injuries are more serious?