• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
If Cam goes down for any significant time, the Panthers may win the division (mostly because of lack of talent in the division) , but they don't make the SB. Hell, they probably don't win a playoff game.
Agreed
I said they could salvage the season. No mention of SB or playoffs. My comparison was to Dallas who did not win without Romo last year

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed
I said they could salvage the season. No mention of SB or playoffs. My comparison was to Dallas who did not win without Romo last year
Add the Ravens to that discussion as well.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fellas good discussion/swapping of different opinions. But, I'm going to tap out for now. Going to chase a little white ball around for about 4 hours. Longer depending how much time I spend looking for my ball in the woods.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to answer you. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it wrong.
Why speculate on things that:
1. You have no control over?
2. Games haven't even started yet.

To placate your narrow mindedness I'll give you this, so you can spin it anyway you want.
Brady means more to the team above and beyond his talent. He's a team captain, He's a leader, the team fully supports him. Hogan is an unknown at this point. Does this mean the team won't rally around Jimmy G? No it doesn't. Does it mean Jimmy G can't possibly be better than Brady? No it doesn't. Does it mean Hogan could be Jimmy G's go to guy? No it doesn't. So it doesn't really matter who I'd rather have missing the season. Ask me after the season maybe I'll be able to answer it based on facts not speculation. It's about wins and the team. Not individuals.

Since you continue to choose to not answer any of my questions, go back thru the posts you'll see them. I went ahead and answered my own this time.
Irony post of the year right here. Claims I won't answer any questions and tell me what questions they are, while claiming to answer my questions that I provided while not really answering them at all. And I suspect I know why.

Good luck playing golf, I hope you're better at it than you are at having a discussion or you could be in for a very long afternoon.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I continue to answer you. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't make it wrong.
Why speculate on things that:
1. You have no control over?
2. Games haven't even started yet.

To placate your narrow mindedness I'll give you this, so you can spin it anyway you want.
Brady means more to the team above and beyond his talent. He's a team captain, He's a leader, the team fully supports him. Hogan is an unknown at this point. Does this mean the team won't rally around Jimmy G? No it doesn't. Does it mean Jimmy G can't possibly be better than Brady? No it doesn't. Does it mean Hogan could be Jimmy G's go to guy? No it doesn't. So it doesn't really matter who I'd rather have missing the season. Ask me after the season maybe I'll be able to answer it based on facts not speculation. It's about wins and the team. Not individuals.

Since you continue to choose to not answer any of my questions, go back thru the posts you'll see them. I went ahead and answered my own this time.

Isn't that was sports fan on message boards do? Or should they just shut the forum down until Week 1?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that was sports fan on message boards do? Or should they just shut the forum down until Week 1?
We'd like to get your input on the Fins boards so please drop by some time...Cheers!

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And some players have more impact on the team than others. Some guys are more replaceable than others.

If I told you that either Tom Brady or Chris Hogan was going to be lost to injury all next season but you got to choose, which one would you pick? If you pick Hogan you're admitting Brady is more valuable to the team than Hogan, and if you say it doesn't matter I say you're a liar.

If he really believed that, he wouldn't have been part of the Free Brady panic that has gone on for a year on here....If they lost Gronk and Brady, they would have to post guards on all bridges and tall buildings in NE for a while..:heh:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are in it, OS! Did you hear the word on Kaufusi? Big guy fell on him yesterday - ankle busted. Done for season. :(

Yea, I posted that the day before that happened and acknowleged it Thurs...
He was 3rd on the back up pecking list at this point but with big upsight for situational pass rusher....
We don't really know what we lost in him right now other than that.....
Go Ravens

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I once had a friend who moved from Maryland to SoFlo. Do you know him?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irony post of the year right here. Claims I won't answer any questions and tell me what questions they are, while claiming to answer my questions that I provided while not really answering them at all. And I suspect I know why.

Good luck playing golf, I hope you're better at it than you are at having a discussion or you could be in for a very long afternoon.
The irony here is I've been gone all afternoo. And you still have yet to answer one question. I don't suspect why. I know why.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Having said that, good coaching develops alternate plans to account for key losses. I just do not think Dallas had the coaching staff last year to overcome key personnel losses. You also have to question their ability to judge talent and build a team with quality back-up players.
I think this is fair. Garrett and Linehan didn't allow the other QBs to play the game and kept tight reins on them the entire time and the depth in the secondary and WR wasn't good enough to cover for injuries. Weeden actually didn't play bad and could have won some games if they let him. They just didn't have the defense to play the type of game they tried and fell apart at the end and lost games they could have won if they didn't play "not to lose". But, losing both Romo and having an injured Dez was going to be a little too much for them regardless. Few teams can lose a franchise QB and not have a dropoff without everything else going right. The Cowboys had one top WR and he wasn't himself either. That combo was going to derail their season regardless of whether the front office stacked the rest of the team with frontline talent and depth or not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you haven't but that's ok.
I have answered you. Whatever it takes to win. We can speculate losing TB is a greater loss than Hogan. We may find out depending on what Jimmy G does games 1-4? What I'm getting at, is it's more about the team than the player. Each player has a role. Having other players who can step into that role is what matters. Having a scheme and a well coached team that is repeatable by mixing and matching is the key to success.
Dear Lord...and you wonder why you are viewed as a stubborn, difficult ass who just likes to argue in every single "discussion" you have. You dig your heels in and refuse to give in on things that are not even in question because you can't admit to being wrong. The answer to the question is Tom Brady. Every fucking person in the world knows that. Just state that losing Brady would be worse than losing Hogan or continue to look like an ass on the topic.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lord...and you wonder why you are viewed as a stubborn, difficult ass who just likes to argue in every single "discussion" you have. You dig your heels in and refuse to give in on things that are not even in question because you can't admit to being wrong. The answer to the question is Tom Brady. Every fucking person in the world knows that. Just state that losing Brady would be worse than losing Hogan or continue to look like an ass on the topic.
The backfire effect is quite strong

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a Snickers you way too Hangry this early in the morning. Is that what 2 decades of frustration does?
Why would you think I care if people think I'm a stubborn ass or not? As I've said multiple times on these boards, I'll defend my beliefs to the end. Unlike so many other flip floppers on here you never know what their point is.

VikingsAD28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, injuries are not an excuse, they are a disclaimer. No team can overcome significant injuries. Think about the best player on your favorite team, if they go down could they still contend? The answer for most teams is no. For example, imagine these players going down would their team contend...Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, etc? The truth is injuries play a huge part in every year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point in the season, injuries are not an excuse, they are a disclaimer. No team can overcome significant injuries. Think about the best player on your favorite team, if they go down could they still contend? The answer for most teams is no. For example, imagine these players going down would their team contend...Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Ben Roethlisberger, etc? The truth is injuries play a huge part in every year.

To me it depends on the depth and where the injury happens. Last year for example DeMarcus Ware went down for the Broncos for about half the season. They could weather that big hit because they had 2 guys behind him that were starter quality. We lost our 2 starting safeties though and next thing you know we are calling people off the street to come in and our defense struggled for a couple of games because we didn't have great depth. To me Ware is a much better player than either of our starting 2 safeties but the injuries mattered where there is depth.

So guys like Roethlisberger or Wilson or whatever it depends on if they have a quality back up. I mean Patriots for example probably didn't figure they had a HOF QB sitting behind Bledsoe way back in the day but they didn't see huge drop off even though at the time Bledsoe was considered a pretty decent QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3