• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Injury News

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported the injury is just a tweak and that Elliott's move to the sideline is precautionary.

Didn't mean it was derailing his season just not the greatest start to his NFL career with off the field concerns and at least an injury that makes you a little nervous. Hamstrings seem to linger longer than people like.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't mean it was derailing his season just not the greatest start to his NFL career with off the field concerns and at least an injury that makes you a little nervous. Hamstrings seem to linger longer than people like.
Not taking exception to what you said, just think it's a non issue this early in camp. I am concerned it can linger into/through the season, but as of today I'm OK with it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking exception to what you said, just think it's a non issue this early in camp. I am concerned it can linger into/through the season, but as of today I'm OK with it.

Understandable. Like I said Hamstring is a dirty word especially for the RB position. I've pulled a Hamstring before while playing WR. After a week of rehab I thought it felt great and tried to get going too quickly and next thing I knew I had a 6 month recovery because I tried to rush it. Trainer had told me to at least give it another week after it started feeling good to make sure it had fully healed up and well I did not do a good job of listening obviously. Like you said nothing to see here at this moment but if we hear that he is continuing to struggle with this in a few weeks then it might be time to start panicking just a bit.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm crossing my fingers over Edleman. That dude frees up Gronk more than he gets credit for.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be because the injuries-are-no-excuse thing sounds so noble and manly that you fuckin' clowns keep clinging to it. That and you've said it so many times now, that there's no going back. Y'all are dancing around the dictionary and trying to untie your tongues. I tell my teens at school that when us adults start getting careful with our language, you know we're full of shit.

Injuries cannot at once impact the game and not impact the game. Impact may change the outcome.
No one has claimed otherwise.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there's actually no difference at all. If injuries are the reason you don't win, the reason IS the excuse.

Obviously your starters are your best players and typically make the most money, but at the end of the day everybody gets paid to play...either you win or you lose....no yeah, but...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I spoke too soon, 1 of our young pass rushers Bronson Kaufusi a 3rd rnd pick went down Thurs. with a broken ankle and done for season....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I spoke too soon, 1 of our young pass rushers Bronson Kaufusi a 3rd rnd pick went down Thurs. with a broken ankle and done for season....

Saw that. Always tough to see a young player go down before they get the chance to even get going.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, there's actually no difference at all. If injuries are the reason you don't win, the reason IS the excuse.
Point being, if a team suffers significant injuries, it will most likely kill their season.

Now explain to me how these two statements are conflicting. And please consider the context.

Injuries are part of the game, not excuses.

If they can stay relatively healthy, I think they will.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. This goes under the category of malcontent. It's not bad enough he is crying about his contract. Came to camp saying he's there because it's all about the team. Calls out guys like Cam Newton to start the NFL black lives matter campaign. Makes a bunch of dumb comments over lunch with his brother. Then he goes and does this. He's a great player. Funny at times. But, damn learn when to shut up. I hope Marty B doesn't continue along the same libes.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being, if a team suffers significant injuries, it will most likely kill their season.

Now explain to me how these two statements are conflicting. And please consider the context.

Injuries are part of the game, not excuses.

If they can stay relatively healthy, I think they will.

I've explained it multiple times over what is now two seasons. Read your first sentence again. Cripes.

man-pulling-stubborn-mule-seated-in-field-industrial-video-id510-167?s=640x640.jpg

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've explained it multiple times over what is now two seasons. Read your first sentence again. Cripes.

View attachment 145366
If you have been explaining it multiple times over two seasons you might want to consider...

1) You probably aren't doing a very good job explaining
2) You are wrong

Now being a Patriots fan and all, I know you look down on us laymen and it would be outlandish for me to expect you to admit either 1 or 2 above, so let's just agree to disagree on this one. :suds:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've backed yourself into a corner you can't get out of.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely true......Sometimes, just the star player and they are down the tubes, especially if it's a franchise qb...
They may still win some games, but losing key players is detrimental to say the least...
People use the next man up mantra but it's usually a failure or big drop off ....
Last yr we lost our starting qb, rb,#1wr and star OLB along with a LT merry go round from injuries....Wiped us out.
Look back at the PM led Colts the yr he was injured and Curtis Painter and some other guy led them to a disastrous season and got the HC fired....1 player went down and so did the team....
There are many more but common sense alone will prove that out...Injuries matter and affect the team when it's key players...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are excuses. Injuries happen every year. The good teams find a way to still win. Here are two examples but I'm sure there are plenty more.
1. Matt Cassell replaces TB, team goes 11-5. Miss the P/Os but just barely.
2. NE last year, most combo of OL used in NFL due to injuries, #1 & 2 RB out, starting FB out, WRs in and out all year. That's just the offense. They went to the AFCCG and lost to a dominant Defense.
Credit goes to the coaches and FO.You can have the greatest players in the game. If they aren't coached properly theywon't win. If you don't build your franchise with quality back-ups and draft for the future too bad.
Stop with the excuses. Just do your job:thumb: