• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Divisional Round Playoff Games

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People wonder why the Chiefs traded Hill... it's stuff like this with the Bills. Chiefs plugging along as usual, even if it's different. Meanwhile Hill just has regular season stats in Miami.
OR The Chiefs have the best QB & COACH. in football. That combo always has a chance.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People wonder why the Chiefs traded Hill... it's stuff like this with the Bills. Chiefs plugging along as usual, even if it's different. Meanwhile Hill just has regular season stats in Miami.
I remember mentioning last off season that they needed to win now because Allens cap hit balloons to almost 50 mil. Then they have Von Millers 23 mil hit which has turned into a debacle with his injury last year and now he just looks old. Add in Stefon Diggs who has a hit of 27 mil and was basically a no show this year other than his drama and nonsense. They are in a tough spot without a lot of options right now. Diggs and Millers dead cap are both over 30 as well. I always thought it was the smart move for the Chiefs to not give Hill all that money and still believe it despite the struggles at times at the position.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember mentioning last off season that they needed to win now because Allens cap hit balloons to almost 50 mil. Then they have Von Millers 23 mil hit which has turned into a debacle with his injury last year and now he just looks old. Add in Stefon Diggs who has a hit of 27 mil and was basically a no show this year other than his drama and nonsense. They are in a tough spot without a lot of options right now. Diggs and Millers dead cap are both over 30 as well. I always thought it was the smart move for the Chiefs to not give Hill all that money and still believe it despite the struggles at times at the position.
Whats crazy about the Von Miller thing is that Von Miller helped win the Rams a Super Bowl and then turned into a debacle. 2 teams can roll the same die and get completely different results.

Chiefs not giving Hill money is kinda honestly a dumb move unless you really, really believe in your GM. Chiefs getting a pro bowl caliber CB at pick 21? Thats amazing. Certainly not the median result. I'm glad it worked out.

When Diggs dropped that huge bomb that Josh Allen threw against the Chiefs, that was their window closing. Thats your top 10 WR in the league falling off a cliff in the back half of the season while the rest of the team was trying their hardest to stay healthy and win. Moving forward the Bills with have Dalton Kincaid, Shakir, and whoever they draft at WR ahead of the Chiefs. I think their long-term outlook is still better than any other team in the AFC East. They might just take a step back for a year. I think the Chargers have the same issue but maybe in an worse way.

raoul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Diggs dropped that huge bomb that Josh Allen threw against the Chiefs, that was their window closing. Thats your top 10 WR in the league falling off a cliff in the back half of the season while the rest of the team was trying their hardest to stay healthy and win.
I'll say one thing about the long pass that Diggs dropped...it is difficult to catch a pass like that when it's 25 degrees. That being said...it didn't look like any of the Bills WRs were making much of an effort to get open. Josh Allen wasn't exactly perfect...but he was looking at blanket coverage all night. The Bills wide outs didn't even look like they wanted to win.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say one thing about the long pass that Diggs dropped...it is difficult to catch a pass like that when it's 25 degrees. That being said...it didn't look like any of the Bills WRs were making much of an effort to get open. Josh Allen wasn't exactly perfect...but he was looking at blanket coverage all night. The Bills wide outs didn't even look like they wanted to win.
To be fair, the Chiefs game planned to stop the wideouts and not the run game and I think it was pretty easy to see. I'm just saying that the difficulty of that throw far exceeded the difficulty to catch it. I think there are only a couple of QBs in the league that can make that throw that accurately.

The Shakir TD was also not a common throw and catch

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowles has a loser’s attitude.

Instead of forcing a field goal attempt or punt from the Lions, he decided to let the clock run out because the game was over. He did the same thing in the regular season. If the Lions missed, he’d have 30 seconds to score a touchdown and 2pt conversion to send into overtime.

It’s the freakin’
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bitch Mafia rears its ugly head.

The football gods should extend their playoff misery for another 10 years for that.

Every fan base has some assholes especially after a season ending last minute playoff loss.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan base has some assholes especially after a season ending last minute playoff loss.
Yea, but some teams' asshole fans have a greater concentration here than others.

Last edited:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy about the Von Miller thing is that Von Miller helped win the Rams a Super Bowl and then turned into a debacle. 2 teams can roll the same die and get completely different results.

Chiefs not giving Hill money is kinda honestly a dumb move unless you really, really believe in your GM. Chiefs getting a pro bowl caliber CB at pick 21? Thats amazing. Certainly not the median result. I'm glad it worked out.

When Diggs dropped that huge bomb that Josh Allen threw against the Chiefs, that was their window closing. Thats your top 10 WR in the league falling off a cliff in the back half of the season while the rest of the team was trying their hardest to stay healthy and win. Moving forward the Bills with have Dalton Kincaid, Shakir, and whoever they draft at WR ahead of the Chiefs. I think their long-term outlook is still better than any other team in the AFC East. They might just take a step back for a year. I think the Chargers have the same issue but maybe in an worse way.
Yeah, totally agree but at least the Chargers can cut ties with Allen, Bosa and Mack and get cap relief. And they have a high enough draft pick to snag one of the top WRs. They have some work to do but I'm not sure they are worse off then the Bills
If you're right about Diggs, the Bills are in trouble because his dead cap is so high, they are stuck with him for now. And Millers cap hit is just about as bad as Diggs. That's going to really hamper them from signing guys for depth on that roster.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it’s really sad and pathetic. It’s crazy to me how some people overreact to that degree. I’m sure some of them are heat of the moment lapses of reason but the hardcore serious ones need to be analyzed psychiatrically.

It’s one thing to be passionate about your team and it’s understandable to be upset at a player fucking up especially in playoff scenarios, but wishing death on them? God damn…

Mahomes would have taken them into FG range for the winner anyway

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowles has a loser’s attitude.

Instead of forcing a field goal attempt or punt from the Lions, he decided to let the clock run out because the game was over. He did the same thing in the regular season. If the Lions missed, he’d have 30 seconds to score a touchdown and 2pt conversion to send into overtime.

It’s the freakin’
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

There was 1:39 left which means the Lions would have had to kill only 19 seconds running plays had the TO been called and they not just hiked and kneeled.. run around in the backfield 3 times then punt. Game over. This was not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be though I also wondered about it at the time.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was 1:39 left which means the Lions would have had to kill only 19 seconds running plays had the TO been called and they not just hiked and kneeled.. run around in the backfield 3 times then punt. Game over. This was not as big of a deal as some are making it out to be though I also wondered about it at the time.
I think Florio and his ilk are looking for story lines, since the season is almost over.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t see the game, so maybe you’re right, but I’m just going based upon the article saying that he would have 30 seconds if they had kicked and missed field goal. At the beginning of the article, it sound like he had less than that, but somewhere in that article, it said 30 seconds.