• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: TNF Broncos/Saints

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team quit on him. He shouldn't coach another game for them IMO

To be fair, he's missing a lot of guys. That stated, I really don't understand why teams rehire guys as HC when they've shown in other places they're just not up to the task. I can't think of another HC then went back to being a coordinator after being fired, then getting hired as a HC the 2nd time and being successful. Maybe somebody had done it, but I can't think of any.

I guess a reset is probably needed...and maybe the GM will start trading off pieces to get more draft picks and do an actual rebuild instead of the patching up he's done the last few years. I realize that's a couple years of suffering, but sometimes you got to do it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he's missing a lot of guys. That stated, I really don't understand why teams rehire guys as HC when they've shown in other places they're just not up to the task. I can't think of another HC then went back to being a coordinator after being fired, then getting hired as a HC the 2nd time and being successful. Maybe somebody had done it, but I can't think of any.

I guess a reset is probably needed...and maybe the GM will start trading off pieces to get more draft picks and do an actual rebuild instead of the patching up he's done the last few years. I realize that's a couple years of suffering, but sometimes you got to do it.

Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick? Both had unsuccess in their first HC jobs and went back to coordinator roles in the NFL before becoming highly successful as head coaches (from a record/ring standpoint - Bill more than Carroll but Carroll still left a huge impact in the NFL).

Pete went from head coach of New York back to a DC for the 9ers then back to a head coach, before leaving the NFL entirely. Bill was head coach of the Browns and then was 'assistant head coach' and secondary coach/DC for the Pats/Jets for a while....

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattler is very much a poster child of a QB that isn't ready to play in the NFL. He might get there, but right now he's just not ready.
I thought he looked pretty solid for a rookie. His problem is that he has no-one around him who could win a match-up. That said he doesn't appear to have a high ceiling.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,698.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll and Bill Belichick? Both had unsuccess in their first HC jobs and went back to coordinator roles in the NFL before becoming highly successful as head coaches (from a record/ring standpoint - Bill more than Carroll but Carroll still left a huge impact in the NFL).

Pete went from head coach of New York back to a DC for the 9ers then back to a head coach, before leaving the NFL entirely. Bill was head coach of the Browns and then was 'assistant head coach' and secondary coach/DC for the Pats/Jets for a while....
Del rio was pretty successful with the raiders after coach jags and d coord of broncs

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Sean Payton... stop making yourself out to be an even bigger douche then we already know you to be.... why the hell are you calling a timeout with < 2 minutes in the game and a 30 point lead?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 405.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you. I think Carroll did a good thing by going to USC and running that show before going back to the NFL. I'm guessing it gave him a much better big picture point of view. Belichick had a much different thing go on in Cleveland. His team wasn't awful, but the move to Baltimore basically forced him out as they wanted to put a whole new coat of paint on the house to give it that new house smell, so he had to go. Those are 2 very good examples and 2 people that appear to be very much different than Dennis Allen or the dick that blew up Vegas and Denver....I don't even remember that idiots name

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Michaels first game in 1975? that's damn near 50 years! he's a museum piece.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, wtf? Rattler just asked that random Broncos guy "Shoot me your address". WTF is that all about? I hope the NFL reports on this. Maybe Rattler is gonna try to hire this guy to off Haener :eek:

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay Sean Payton... stop making yourself out to be an even bigger douche then we already know you to be.... why the hell are you calling a timeout with < 2 minutes in the game and a 30 point lead?
Sean Payton Nfl GIF by New Orleans Saints