• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Incognito will never play for Miami again

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you really think Richie Incognito was going to kill Jonathan Martin? Really? Isn't it much more likely trash talk and machismo?

No I don't think he was going to kill him, but I still think he should go to jail for it. People don't have the right to say they're going to kill someone in that context with impunity. You never know what someone could do if he receives a death threat.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't think he was going to kill him, but I still think he should go to jail for it. People don't have the right to say they're going to kill someone in that context with impunity. You never know what someone could do if he receives a death threat.

People make death threats in jest everyday, i don't see it as jail-able offense. For instance if you get pushed into a pool you might say, " you better run because i'm going to kill you when i get out"

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The whole "they're both wrong" thing is just fascinating. Incognito is obviously an asshole with authority, with a long history of such behavior, Martin is a young outcast with no authority, and its not Martin's fault if he can't figure out a way to deal with it effectively. This is all on Incognito. The tacit acceptance of asshole behavior I'm seeing everywhere is stunning, as if Martin has some responsibility to make them act civilized.

Its not easy being a Stanford-educated intellectual introvert in a locker room, in the testosterone-soaked environments of sports guys like that have long been targets. Doesn't make him wrong, it makes the cavemen who like to push him around wrong.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "they're both wrong" thing is just fascinating. Incognito is obviously an asshole with authority, with a long history of such behavior, Martin is a young outcast with no authority, and its not Martin's fault if he can't figure out a way to deal with it effectively. This is all on Incognito. The tacit acceptance of asshole behavior I'm seeing everywhere is stunning, as if Martin has some responsibility to make them act civilized.

Its not easy being a Stanford-educated intellectual introvert in a locker room, in the testosterone-soaked environments of sports guys like that have long been targets. Doesn't make him wrong, it makes the cavemen who like to push him around wrong.

IDK allowing yourself to be pushed around is wrong to me. At some point you have to stand up for yourself or is that frowned on in today society?....:noidea:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
People make death threats in jest everyday, i don't see it as jail-able offense. For instance if you get pushed into a pool you might say, " you better run because i'm going to kill you when i get out"

Did you hear the rest of the voicemail? Getting pushed into a pool and saying you'll kill the one who pushed you when you get out is a euphemism. Saying you're going to kill someone in a confrontation (especially when it's combined with things like "I'm going to slap you, your mother's face, shit in your mouth, etc" is a death threat, and it shouldn't matter if he meant it or not. Martin might take it seriously and retaliate.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you hear the rest of the voicemail? Getting pushed into a pool and saying you'll kill the one who pushed you when you get out is a euphemism. Saying you're going to kill someone in a confrontation (especially when it's combined with things like "I'm going to slap you, your mother's face, shit in your mouth, etc" is a death threat, and it shouldn't matter if he meant it or not. Martin might take it seriously and retaliate.

no haven't heard the voicemail, but read what it said, and how do you know the voicemail wasn't made in jest? From what i read nobody on the team took RI as a racist or violent and the voicemail seemed pretty racist and violent from what i read.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
no haven't heard the voicemail, but read what it said, and how do you know the voicemail wasn't made in jest?

Nobody on planet earth is saying that voicemail was made in jest (including Incognito). If anyone claims it was made in jest I would reconsider my position.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody on planet earth is saying that voicemail was made in jest (including Incognito). If anyone claims it was made in jest I would reconsider my position.

i understand that, but people are still taking RI is a good man, even after this came out, so i think it raises the question if this voicemail was in jest or not.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no haven't heard the voicemail, but read what it said, and how do you know the voicemail wasn't made in jest? From what i read nobody on the team took RI as a racist or violent and the voicemail seemed pretty racist and violent from what i read.

I think the unamimous sentiment in the Dolphin locker room backing Incognito says a lot.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz and Brooks were on their high horse yesterday haughtily belittling and shouting down any caller who criticized Jonathan Martin for not standing up for himslef. Today their guest was Jeremy Newberry and when he said the same thing about backing Incognito and saying Martin needed to stand up for himself and punch Incognito in the mouth. They shut up and began kissing his ass. Those guys suck.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread, but it's in Miami's best interest if Incognito is in the lineup. Just keep that in mind when you hear about the offense coming in defense of him.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think by now it's clear that Martin is soft and the team thought he was soft which is why no one is really standing up to bat for him while they are showing support for Incognito.

There really is nothing wrong with being soft as by all accounts he's a stand up good guy but you just can't be soft in an NFL locker room or you'll get 0 respect and be a pariah among your teammates.

A lot are calling him courageous for what he did but I don't see that all. He only started to spill the beans when he had a meltdown and now he has to explain away why he had the meltdown.

He's a grown man and while I don't think he had to knock Incognito out you still can have some backbone and stand up for yourself.

If you can't do that you don't have the mental makeup for the NFL.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think by now it's clear that Martin is soft and the team thought he was soft which is why no one is really standing up to bat for him while they are showing support for Incognito.

There really is nothing wrong with being soft as by all accounts he's a stand up good guy but you just can't be soft in an NFL locker room or you'll get 0 respect and be a pariah among your teammates.

A lot are calling him courageous for what he did but I don't see that all. He only started to spill the beans when he had a meltdown and now he has to explain away why he had the meltdown.

He's a grown man and while I don't think he had to knock Incognito out you still can have some backbone and stand up for yourself.

If you can't do that you don't have the mental makeup for the NFL.

And its clear that he had been planning to bail for a while since he saved the texts from before training camp until now. he's an embarrassment.

longbeach 49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone who takes the "he's soft, he's not tough enough for an NFL locker room" side of this argument is a clown. Based on a lot of this garbage that has come out, Richie Incognito and the Dolphins organization were flat out wrong in this. This is pro sports with guys making a ton of money to do a job. It's Joe Philbin and the Dolphins organizations job to get the most out of each player and win games. All this extra non-sense is bull shit. No place for it and Incognito has a long history of it. People are made up differently, we all have different triggers that motivate or de-motivate us. I hope Martin finds his way because he was a really good football player in college.