• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Incognito will never play for Miami again

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the unamimous sentiment in the Dolphin locker room backing Incognito says a lot.

To me, it depends on what you think happened. If it were a team wide bullying, one would expect these players defending Oncognito as part of that - schematic Martin and shame him more. Also, if they are all in on it, what are they supposed to say? What they throw at him hits them, too.

But if it was just a few people, including Incognito, and just Incognito was reported/claimed as going too far, these comments truly defend him overall (specifically maybe not certain things).

Regardless of their guilt/innocence, it doesn't look good to bad mouth someone who may or may not have gone too far in trying to enforce something internally in their locker room culture.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coverage on this is pure insanity ..and it is media driven.

Proof: Since when would you use the word "bullying" in what is factually a work place harassment incident. (if the stories are true)

"bullying" is major buzz word now for the media ..so they use it anywhere they can.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it depends on what you think happened. If it were a team wide bullying, one would expect these players defending Oncognito as part of that - schematic Martin and shame him more. Also, if they are all in on it, what are they supposed to say? What they throw at him hits them, too.

But if it was just a few people, including Incognito, and just Incognito was reported/claimed as going too far, these comments truly defend him overall (specifically maybe not certain things).

Regardless of their guilt/innocence, it doesn't look good to bad mouth someone who may or may not have gone too far in trying to enforce something internally in their locker room culture.

Thing for me is the support from ex-players and players on other teams. It's a weird situation though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing for me is the support from ex-players and players on other teams. It's a weird situation though.

Ithink its the duplicitousness of Martin that they detest. Sneaking around and collecting up evidence to use later like a little bitch instead of standing up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn thumbs, typing Oncognito instead of Incognito - maybe I was subconsciously trying to hide who I was talking about. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon toby,

Sneaking around and collecting evidence? You mean like not deleting a voicemail that someone leaves for threatening your life and mother? Or not deleting threatening or abusive texts? Thats "sneaking around and collecting evidence"? LMAO

I can go back on my phone right now and read a year and a half worth of texts, am I sneaking around collecting information? And I can guarantee you if someone left a message threatening my mother, I would not delete it... nor do I think would most people.

I am not saying Martin isn't soft or any of that, but this tact you take with your Martin smear campaign is out there.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon toby,

Sneaking around and collecting evidence? You mean like not deleting a voicemail that someone leaves for threatening your life and mother? Or not deleting threatening or abusive texts? Thats "sneaking around and collecting evidence"? LMAO

I can go back on my phone right now and read a year and a half worth of texts, am I sneaking around collecting information? And I can guarantee you if someone left a message threatening my mother, I would not delete it... nor do I think would most people.

I am not saying Martin isn't soft or any of that, but this tact you take with your Martin smear campaign is out there.

This doesn't happen often but:agree:with Breaker completely.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh refused to comment on his ex players situation or the allegations, but instead simply said he supported Martin because he knows him and who he is...

“As far as that situation, there’s only one thing I can intelligently comment on and that’s knowing Jonathan Martin,” Harbaugh said. “I know him to be a fine person and his family. [Martin was a] great contributor as a student and an athlete at Stanford, epitomizes the student-athlete model and a personal friend. I support Jonathan.”

Jim Harbaugh supports Jonathan Martin - ESPN

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have to say that I've never felt more jerked around this way and that by a football story than this one. I'm hearing all kinds of reports that all contradict each other.

ESPN, FOX, NFLN, etc are friggn' loving this story (especially since it happened in the middle of the season).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Now I'm hearing reports that the 2 of these guys were best pals, and they had a relationship that was like little brother & big brother. Another report says the coaching staff basically did a code red on him (A Few Good Men reference I'm sure most of you get).

Here's a question: who's the better player? Incognito or Martin? I'd have to say Incognito. That OL is really bad overall, which is why I didn't think Tannehill would have a good season.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon toby,

Here's what Brian Hartline had to say. This is just sickening:

3. WR Brian Hartline said this about the voicemail that Incognito left for Martin back in April:

Hartline is outraged because he says Martin was passing the voicemail around earlier in the year and laughing about it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dave Dameshek said a similar thing to what I was trying to say:

Those Dolphins players insinuating Jonathan Martin is being somehow cagey or disingenuous now after laughing and hanging out with Incognito for the past year tells me they’ve never been on the wrong end of threats involving one man’s poop going into another man’s mouth. As you may or may not know, I’m not a psychiatrist… but it seems clear his motive was to diffuse the abuse by showing it wasn’t affecting him (with a touch of Stockholm Syndrome mixed in). Those Dolphins players insinuating Jonathan Martin is being somehow cagey or disingenuous now after laughing and hanging out with Incognito for the past year tells me they’ve never been on the wrong end of threats involving one man’s poop going into another man’s mouth. As you may or may not know, I’m not a psychiatrist… but it seems clear his motive was to diffuse the abuse by showing it wasn’t affecting him (with a touch of Stockholm Syndrome mixed in). And by the way, is it really farfetched to suggest other players who participated in bullying would defend Incognito?

Incognito & Spoiler Alert: Week Ten Results «NFL Dave Dameshek Blog NFL Dave Dameshek Blog

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, I accidentally pasted twice trying to bold and didn't notice until now. I was trying to highlight this: "And by the way, is it really farfetched to suggest other players who participated in bullying would defend Incognito?"

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Incognito's behavior would be deemed inappropriate for employees of a bank, a high end restaurant, or an insurance company, it is inappropriate behavior in the NFL.

The NFL is a business (well technically a tax-extempt non-profit, but I digress), and by law the NFL is beholden to workplace conduct rules like any other (non-profit) businesses. The NFL brand makes billions in profits, and some people are acting as if it is OK to be as classy as a sweat shop ("SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I SHIT IN YOUR FUCKING MOUTH").

If most NFL players believe in a system of hazing, that is their prerogative. Hazing is illegal in High Schools and Colleges, but (so far) once a player hits the NFL they have the right as consenting adults to throw each other in ice water or make rookies sing, etc, etc. If a rookie will pay for 1 or 20 dinners for veterans... OK, I guess, but that is allowable because it is consensual.

When someone does not want to be a part of that culture, because they don't want to be extorted for vacation trips, demanded to pay for $15,000-30,000 meals, or be referred to in derogatory or racially charged ways, they are protected by law against that. Some people just aren't cool with this crap; Jeremy Shockey said he didn't want to pay for dinners as a rook or sing as a rookie, then got into a fight because of it. Dez Bryant refused to accept the rookie hazing culture and refused to carry equipment.

I don't know about you, but if I left messages like Incognito's on a co-worker's phone, saying I'd assault his mother (OOOOH BUT I WAS KIDDING WHEN I SCREAMED I'D SLAP THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR MOTHER!) I would be fired. Possibly sued if I went as far as Incognito has gone. If Jonathan Martin had retaliated and attacked Incognito, Goodell or the Dolphins may well have suspended him if news got out, just like Incognito is suspended now, because what Incognito did was WRONG.

Anyone who justifies this behavior as acceptable is living in a warped fantasy. Stop looking at football like players are above the rules of society, because that is the type of attitude that is partly why players do stupid shit (re:Smith, Aldon), because people let them get away with things the rest of society cannot.

:gaah::gaah::gaah:

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incognito investigated for m0lestation

Revisiting Incognito and the Rams

(excerpts from the Rams article, as it paints a picture of his past behavior)

1)" [...] we'd have practice the next morning, and I'm out until all hours of the night, running the town," Incognito told NFL.com over the summer. "Drinking. Doing drugs."

2) "In 44 games with the Rams, he racked up 38 penalties, including seven for unnecessary roughness, the most of any player during that timeframe. "

3) "In 2009, Incognito was named the NFL’s dirtiest player by the Sporting News, an “award” voted on by a panel of 99 players. It was a designation that didn’t bother Incognito and one he actually took pride in, claiming other players didn’t care for his intensity level. "

4) "During one 2006 training camp practice, Incognito got into a pretty serious altercation with little-known cornerback Dwight Anderson. The 6-foot-3, 320-pound Incognito and generously listed 5-10, 180-pound Anderson twice had to be separated before Anderson was taken to the locker room to cool down.

There also was the time when Incognito helped escalate a 2007 fight between running back Steven Jackson and safety Oshiomogho Atogwe"

5) "In 2008, Incognito drew the ire of Rams fans, criticizing them for not knowing how to cheer or when to cheer for a team that was 2-8 at the time. After that week’s game against Chicago, Incognito taunted fans as they booed him on his way to the locker room after a 27-3 loss"

6) "The Rams finally had enough of Incognito in 2009 after he twice head-butted Titans players and then got into a confrontation with then-coach Steve Spagnuolo.

St. Louis released Incognito two days later"

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Incognito's behavior would be deemed inappropriate for employees of a bank, a high end restaurant, or an insurance company, it is inappropriate behavior in the NFL.

The NFL is a business (well technically a tax-extempt non-profit, but I digress), and by law the NFL is beholden to workplace conduct rules like any other (non-profit) businesses. The NFL brand makes billions in profits, and some people are acting as if it is OK to be as classy as a sweat shop ("SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I SHIT IN YOUR FUCKING MOUTH").

If most NFL players believe in a system of hazing, that is their prerogative. Hazing is illegal in High Schools and Colleges, but (so far) once a player hits the NFL they have the right as consenting adults to throw each other in ice water or make rookies sing, etc, etc. If a rookie will pay for 1 or 20 dinners for veterans... OK, I guess, but that is allowable because it is consensual.

When someone does not want to be a part of that culture, because they don't want to be extorted for vacation trips, demanded to pay for $15,000-30,000 meals, or be referred to in derogatory or racially charged ways, they are protected by law against that. Some people just aren't cool with this crap; Jeremy Shockey said he didn't want to pay for dinners as a rook or sing as a rookie, then got into a fight because of it. Dez Bryant refused to accept the rookie hazing culture and refused to carry equipment.

I don't know about you, but if I left messages like Incognito's on a co-worker's phone, saying I'd assault his mother (OOOOH BUT I WAS KIDDING WHEN I SCREAMED I'D SLAP THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR MOTHER!) I would be fired. Possibly sued if I went as far as Incognito has gone. If Jonathan Martin had retaliated and attacked Incognito, Goodell or the Dolphins may well have suspended him if news got out, just like Incognito is suspended now, because what Incognito did was WRONG.

Anyone who justifies this behavior as acceptable is living in a warped fantasy. Stop looking at football like players are above the rules of society, because that is the type of attitude that is partly why players do stupid shit (re:Smith, Aldon), because people let them get away with things the rest of society cannot.

:gaah::gaah::gaah:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well said. Agreed on all counts.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how was this clown not suspended for sexually assaulting that volunteer?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how was this clown not suspended for sexually assaulting that volunteer?

She signed a confidentiality agreement, either for compensation or apology. Thus, she won't talkto NFL or press charges?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She signed a confidentiality agreement, either for compensation or apology. Thus, she won't talkto NFL or press charges?

the dolphins shoulda suspended him right there