• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

impeccable start

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't catch the game, but it looks like Norris did a hell of a job. Box Score says he threw 99 pitches (67 for strikes).. neck-and-neck with Duffy's 97 pitches (65 for strikes).

When you're hitting, a game like this you just look at and say 'Hey, we ran into a guy who's pitching well'. When you're not hitting, a game like this is like the crowning nadir of haplessness. Everything that's been going south collectively for the whole team's offense is exasperated. I hate to even think "I wish they would have got no-hit" but I think you guys might know what I'm talking about here. It would take that kind of embarrassment, being on the receiving end of that onerous hallmark, replete with SportsCenter highlights of their free-swining into outs, to maybe make everyone assess how they're approaching the plate.

It's a double-edged sword. I seem to recall a few years back a season where the O's seemed to be nothing but patient at the plate, and they never scored any damn runs. Seemed like they were almost chicken to swing the bat.

Given the choice of being over-aggressive or looking at a called strike, I'll take the former but, as we all know, it shouldn't have to be that black-and-white of a thing. If things aren't going great towards the end of the game then, by all means, BUNT. (I'm directing this at management more than anyone.) Do something to try to give your team a lift, even if it isn't second-nature.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't catch the game, but it looks like Norris did a hell of a job. Box Score says he threw 99 pitches (67 for strikes).. neck-and-neck with Duffy's 97 pitches (65 for strikes).

When you're hitting, a game like this you just look at and say 'Hey, we ran into a guy who's pitching well'. When you're not hitting, a game like this is like the crowning nadir of haplessness. Everything that's been going south collectively for the whole team's offense is exasperated. I hate to even think "I wish they would have got no-hit" but I think you guys might know what I'm talking about here. It would take that kind of embarrassment, being on the receiving end of that onerous hallmark, replete with SportsCenter highlights of their free-swining into outs, to maybe make everyone assess how they're approaching the plate.

It's a double-edged sword. I seem to recall a few years back a season where the O's seemed to be nothing but patient at the plate, and they never scored any damn runs. Seemed like they were almost chicken to swing the bat.

Given the choice of being over-aggressive or looking at a called strike, I'll take the former but, as we all know, it shouldn't have to be that black-and-white of a thing. If things aren't going great towards the end of the game then, by all means, BUNT. (I'm directing this at management more than anyone.) Do something to try to give your team a lift, even if it isn't second-nature.
norris did pitch a great game we lost that game by half a step . dude barely beat out that hit and then at second if schoop held on to the ball he would have been out on the steal of second . pearce over young dumbasses