• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think resigning Hank and Gilmore would have been no Brainerd for this team for depth. If not Hank, choose another veteran 340+ pounder. DT is scary thin. LB looks better on paper, but that's also depending a ton on Overshown being completely healed and the rookie being able to contribute
If Harris can work his magic with Carson then this secondary is in great shape. Carson has lots of potential,but needs to learn how to look back for the ball. That is the only glaring weakness I see in his game.

Harris being hired was one of the best moves McCarthy made. He turned Diggs and Bland into All -Pros. I remember Harris as a player and he was a total thorn in the side of the Cowboys defense. He was always making plays on the ball.

Gilmore is still out there though. He would add valuable veteran depth. If they could add Gilmore and a big NT?
The other potential roster issue is the offensive tackles. The depth is non existent. Ball sucks. Chuma sucks. Walettzko is an injury waiting to happen.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harris can work his magic with Carson then this secondary is in great shape. Carson has lots of potential,but needs to learn how to look back for the ball. That is the only glaring weakness I see in his game.

Harris being hired was one of the best moves McCarthy made. He turned Diggs and Bland into All -Pros. I remember Harris as a player and he was a total thorn in the side of the Cowboys defense. He was always making plays on the ball.

Gilmore is still out there though. He would add valuable veteran depth. If they could add Gilmore and a big NT?
The other potential roster issue is the offensive tackles. The depth is non existent. Ball sucks. Chuma sucks. Walettzko is an injury waiting to happen.
There are a couple of decent vet OT's that have been solid starters available. It would be worth it to pay one of them a few million even if all they were was insurance

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we wont have to worry about actual 75 mil per year, but the alternative of paying Dak.
If we pay a bunch of other stars & play with a back up QB we might not even make the playoffs.

The idea of simply saying the QB position is gonna cost to much, so lets just start over with the most important position in football is absurd to me.
Oh boy do I understand how important the position is. But that kinda scratch puts me in a position to move on cause he ain't proved it. But like upthread said, earn next contract. So far he hasn't earned it, IMO.

Are we conditioned to believe we will never have a good YOUNG QB? Tony's youth was waisted...fuck BP.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is still not easy to find a franchise QB. All those ones you mentioned, except Mahomes, have won what exactly???
One of them stomped the shit out of us. Won that game anyways. And Goffs record ain't shabby.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what gets me salivating. Busting guys chops all the way down field.

Good to hear Vaughns name called!
If they can't run the ball up the middle behind Smith,Beebe and Martin then these coaches need to be gone.. I noticed last season two of the best games running the ball was when Biadaz was out hurt.