• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Totally Start Over!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill will have around $100M in Cap Money.

Should he spend $$$ to re-sign Jennings, Ugger, Owenu? How much should he spend??

Would you give each of them a 5 year/ $75M contract ($15M a year each)? That would leave $55M in the piggy bank. None of them is making more than $2M (Ugger) right now.

How about offering them contract extensions right now with Bonuses to be paid in March when the new year starts?

How about just being a bit more creative rather than sitting on your hands. 22 Players are schediled to walk out the door. Time to start working on the future was last month.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange is the only every offensive play OL other than Andrews.

Mafi can't handle the RG position.
Sow is serviceable, but has problems with inside speed rushers.

I can see where they're coming from. Draft five or six and go to church every day and ask for two of them to be able to play LT and RT.
They're two rookies you could allow a learning curve greater than 1/2 season.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should he spend $$$ to re-sign Jennings, Ugger, Owenu? How much should he spend??

Would you give each of them a 5 year/ $75M contract ($15M a year each)? That would leave $55M in the piggy bank. None of them is making more than $2M (Ugger) right now.

How about offering them contract extensions right now with Bonuses to be paid in March when the new year starts?

How about just being a bit more creative rather than sitting on your hands. 22 Players are schediled to walk out the door. Time to start working on the future was last month.
Why do you keep saying Ugger?

My priorities would be, in order. Owenu then Duggar. As to how the monies are distributed, honestly speaking. I'm not smart enough to figure all that stuff out. There are to many variables, signing bonuses, incentive bonuses, guaranteed money etc

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have neuropathy in my hands, legs and feet. I have to reread everything that I type and I often miss stuff.

Sorry I started off your day on the wrong note.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have neuropathy in my hands, legs and feet. I have to reread everything that I type and I often miss stuff.

Sorry I started off your day on the wrong note.
No it's cool, I was just curious if you did not like him and were playing with his name. ie Ugg I cannot stand him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My priorities would be, in order. Owenu then Duggar. As to how the monies are distributed, honestly speaking. I'm not smart enough to figure all that stuff out. There are to many variables, signing bonuses, incentive bonuses, guaranteed money etc
Was Ugger a nickname for that guy who wore the Ugg boots? I think he's too old and left the team a few years ago.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kraft promise Jerod Mayo the HC position?

Groh would be okay as the GM going forward. He's been doing a lot of the personnel stuff recently, which makes one wonder if BB or RK has made that decision.

Bill is from the Parcells tree and won't coach a team if he didn't "Buy The Groceries.

As I've been saying, today's NFL football is not the same NFL football that want to continue to play. Not that it's bad, but it doesn'tfit thehigh speed anti-Defense rules that have been put into place.

If Bill can't control the total personnel operation, I think that he and Kraft will allow allow him to move on in a way that he saves face. We'llknow what actually happened but Krft willnever admit it.
think he,ll allow mcdaniel,s back after oakland fired him like he did when denver fired him?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think he,ll allow mcdaniel,s back after oakland fired him like he did when denver fired him?
This is what we are all pondering. We just hired Bill O'Brien back so what capacity would we hire Josh in? I guess this is the question.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB gets canned, the next guy in is going to clean house and have his own staff in place. Even if it's Mayo. Nothing will change if the same characters stay in place.

Mayo might bring Josh back. The guy knows offense and can get what a quarterback has to offer.

We all have to sit back, watch the rest of the season unfold and just hope that Kraft does the right thing for this team. Looking at him on TV. The mess that this team has been over the past two years is aging the hell out of him. He went down on the field this past Sunday and looked like he was going to need help walking around. He's only seven years older than I am but looks 17 years older. That and the antisemite shit in the U.S. and the Israel conflict is taking a toll on him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If BB gets canned, the next guy in is going to clean house and have his own staff in place. Even if it's Mayo. Nothing will change if the same characters stay in place.

Mayo might bring Josh back. The guy knows offense and can get what a quarterback has to offer.

We all have to sit back, watch the rest of the season unfold and just hope that Kraft does the right thing for this team. Looking at him on TV. The mess that this team has been over the past two years is aging the hell out of him. He went down on the field this past Sunday and looked like he was going to need help walking around. He's only seven years older than I am but looks 17 years older. That and the antisemite shit in the U.S. and the Israel conflict is taking a toll on him.
Well BB just inked a new deal so it's apparent to me none of those changes will take place anytime soon. And Mayo will likely get snagged by some other team

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well BB just inked a new deal so it's apparent to me none of those changes will take place anytime soon. And Mayo will likely get snagged by some other team
Not single person knows a thing about that contract other than BB, RK and JK.

BB made $27M last year. No one knows if that contract ended or was extended or rewritten. The new the new contract might have a poison pill if the team doesn't win a certain number of games in 2023. Let's not assume anything.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not single person knows a thing about that contract other than BB, RK and JK.

BB made $27M last year. No one knows if that contract ended or was extended or rewritten. The new the new contract might have a poison pill if the team doesn't win a certain number of games in 2023. Let's not assume anything.
Very Good point. I just assumed it was an extension because RK seems to like having BB around

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jennings has not earned a big contract yet.
Duggar should be resigned, he has a bright future.
Onwenu? This is where I get antsy about giving big contracts to any part of the weakest link in the team.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings has not earned a big contract yet.
Duggar should be resigned, he has a bright future.
Onwenu? This is where I get antsy about giving big contracts to any part of the weakest link in the team.....
By weakest link I assume you mean the O Line? Or him specifically?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By weakest link I assume you mean the O Line? Or him specifically?
O-line. The O-line is a team and underperforming. Onwenu is not the problem but rewarding a team member for his part on a failed team is against my nature. Still might be the right thing to do but the question remains - how much?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O-line. The O-line is a team and underperforming. Onwenu is not the problem but rewarding a team member for his part on a failed team is against my nature. Still might be the right thing to do but the question remains - how much?
My take is the last two years they drafted heavy on O line. O lines need time to gel that can take an entire year. Onwenu does not seem like a bad RT to me. Strange is play LG so a solid LT with the draft of last year and the O line has potential to be a lot better than they are at this time

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB drafted SOW and Mafi late in the draft. One cannot expect both of them to be the next Joe Thomas or John Hannah in one year.
Sow appeared to have picked up the blocking schemes and is playing regularly. Mafi has struggled but it showing some promise at RG.

The problem will be at the tackles. Anderson was swamped in his only game before getting hurt. Now he's Ill again. Lowe might be serviceable at RT, but he's struggled. So the question is whether or not to throw a pallet of money at Trent Brown or draft a LT and stick him in the line and let him go at it.

Or should Bill try every guy at the LT spot and see if anyone can survive or at least prevent Mac from being killed?