• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Totally Start Over!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB drafted SOW and Mafi late in the draft. One cannot expect both of them to be the next Joe Thomas or John Hannah in one year.
Sow appeared to have picked up the blocking schemes and is playing regularly. Mafi has struggled but it showing some promise at RG.

The problem will be at the tackles. Anderson was swamped in his only game before getting hurt. Now he's Ill again. Lowe might be serviceable at RT, but he's struggled. So the question is whether or not to throw a pallet of money at Trent Brown or draft a LT and stick him in the line and let him go at it.

Or should Bill try every guy at the LT spot and see if anyone can survive or at least prevent Mac from being killed?
I thought most here agreed Owenu (SP?) was solid at RT? If Strange is solid at LG and Sow develops at RG and the O line struggles still that mean LT or C or a Qb that is not getting rid of the ball quick enough. Sooner or later we have to pay a LT I favor drafting the younger promising LT and setting up for the future cap to retain him. If he is our 1st round pick we get the 5th year option on him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought most here agreed Owenu (SP?) was solid at RT? If Strange is solid at LG and Sow develops at RG and the O line struggles still that mean LT or C or a Qb that is not getting rid of the ball quick enough. Sooner or later we have to pay a LT I favor drafting the younger promising LT and setting up for the future cap to retain him. If he is our 1st round pick we get the 5th year option on him
With the 5th pick, getting a solid LT should be a breeze.

The BIG problem is that BB will see a defensive player that he covets and will convince himself that there will be a starting LT in Round 7. Next November 2nd we'll be bitching about him not being able to see beyond his nose for the fifth year in a row.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the 5th pick, getting a solid LT should be a breeze.

The BIG problem is that BB will see a defensive player that he covets and will convince himself that there will be a starting LT in Round 7. Next November 2nd we'll be bitching about him not being able to see beyond his nose for the fifth year in a row.
I agree we should be able to get a LT at 5th, we need to keep losing if we really want one of the top 3.

As far as what BB does I think a lot of people myself included would be okay with stripping him of GM duties. But even at that what GM would over ride what he wants in the draft?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as what BB does I think a lot of people myself included would be okay with stripping him of GM duties. But even at that what GM would over ride what he wants in the draft?
Bill has had the final say in all personnel moves since he started in New England. In my opinion, he will not relinquish that authority. He's from the the Parcell's "If you want me to cook dinner, let me buy the groceries." way of thinking.

In my opinion, Bill feels much more comfortable selecting defensive players because he knows exactly how they will fit and perform in his defense. Another reason that the Patriots don't have a DC.

Letting him just be free to pick with the #5 is scary at this time. My gut keep gnarling and says that he will trade down. I can see him Trading #5 for #12, #33(2nd) and #78(3rd). The Cards have #1, #12, #33, #65, #77, #78 so going to #1, #5, #65, #77 seems totally logical.

Bill would have #12, #33, #36, #67, #78............................Could sure plug a lot of holes in the first three rounds.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has had the final say in all personnel moves since he started in New England. In my opinion, he will not relinquish that authority. He's from the the Parcell's "If you want me to cook dinner, let me buy the groceries." way of thinking.

In my opinion, Bill feels much more comfortable selecting defensive players because he knows exactly how they will fit and perform in his defense. Another reason that the Patriots don't have a DC.

Letting him just be free to pick with the #5 is scary at this time. My gut keep gnarling and says that he will trade down. I can see him Trading #5 for #12, #33(2nd) and #78(3rd). The Cards have #1, #12, #33, #65, #77, #78 so going to #1, #5, #65, #77 seems totally logical.

Bill would have #12, #33, #36, #67, #78............................Could sure plug a lot of holes in the first three rounds.
I too damn sure feel like he would be willing to trade down to get more draft capital and that makes sense to me. At 12 you could still likely get JC Lathem or Amerius Mims.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB drafted SOW and Mafi late in the draft. One cannot expect both of them to be the next Joe Thomas or John Hannah in one year.
Sow appeared to have picked up the blocking schemes and is playing regularly. Mafi has struggled but it showing some promise at RG.

The problem will be at the tackles. Anderson was swamped in his only game before getting hurt. Now he's Ill again. Lowe might be serviceable at RT, but he's struggled. So the question is whether or not to throw a pallet of money at Trent Brown or draft a LT and stick him in the line and let him go at it.

Or should Bill try every guy at the LT spot and see if anyone can survive or at least prevent Mac from being killed?
I don't think Trent is looking for a pallet of money. He has already said he chased that Brinks truck and when he caught it, he decided he would have rather been in New England.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has BB been that "great" when he has money to spend?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has BB been that "great" when he has money to spend?
I think our brains have been stuck on 2020 and how he pissed away $178M. We can't get that out of the way.

Bill has never, never been a first day, top of the line buyer.

To me, he's a bargain hunter.

Again, he's great at buying defense and horrific at purchasing offense.

2024 could be another one of those crap spending sprees. I don't trust BOB to mine his way through the offensive players either.

Where does one spend $100M??

I'd start with Kyle Dugger, the Mike Owenu.

Next I'd go for solid, not the $20M+ pieces of junk WRs. DJ Chark, Braxton Berrios, Mecole Hardman would be worth somewhere in the $7-$8M.
range

I'd be willing to offere Donovan Smith (LT) who's 30 and the youngest of the FA LTs, 3 years/$27M. He's been protecting Mahomes' blind side for the past two years on the cheap. ($2.5M).

I'd be all-in on the kid Wilson TE/WR from Florida at 6'7" 220 lbs in the draft.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, he's a bargain hunter.

Bargain Hunter needs to stop Patriots need players!

Yes he does it on "defense" but he needs to start focusing on offense now

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some very interesting numbers that might/might not be true. Kind make one wonder about the cap and the 51 players affected.:

2022:
NE Patriots total revenue - $684,000,000
Total direct palyer costs - $280,000,000

Player expenses of the New England Patriots (NFL) 2001-2022​

Published by
Christina Gough,
Oct 25, 2023
The player expenses of the New England Patriots, a franchise of the National Football League, increased in 2022 over the previous year. In the 2022 season, the player expenses of the New England Patriots amounted to 280 million U.S. dollars.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just some very interesting numbers that might/might not be true. Kind make one wonder about the cap and the 51 players affected.:

2022:

Published by
Christina Gough,
Oct 25, 2023
The player expenses of the New England Patriots, a franchise of the National Football League, increased in 2022 over the previous year. In the 2022 season, the player expenses of the New England Patriots amounted to 280 million U.S. dollars.

What is the revenue? Where does it come from? T-Shirt sales? YouTube and CBS? Ticket sales? All 3?

What other costs are covered by the "Revenue"? Uniform cleaning? Fuel for the Patriots private jets that not all teams have? Hotel rooms ? Catering? Heat and lights for Gillette?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the revenue? Where does it come from? T-Shirt sales? YouTube and CBS? Ticket sales? All 3?

What other costs are covered by the "Revenue"? Uniform cleaning? Fuel for the Patriots private jets that not all teams have? Hotel rooms ? Catering? Heat and lights for Gillette?
Costs are not revenue. Revenue in the general sense and definition is "Income from all sources".

costs are monies that are paid out from that revenue.

Check out the person who printed this stuff and maybe she has something that will satisfy your questions:

Published by
Christina Gough,
Oct 25, 2023

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2022:

Published by
Christina Gough,
Oct 25, 2023

Show me a corporate Balance Sheet or GTFO!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Costs are not revenue. Revenue in the general sense and definition is "Income from all sources".

costs are monies that are paid out from that revenue.

Check out the person who printed this stuff and maybe she has something that will satisfy your questions:

Published by
Christina Gough,
Oct 25, 2023
Yeah. Obviously debits and credits are the exact opposite. That much is a given.

My point is by stating the two numbers provided, to a simple mind it may look like Kraft is pocketing $400,000,000 a year off the backs of the players he refuses to pay fairly.

All teams get and equal share of the TV packages. All teams have a minimum and a maximum they must and can pay their players. I would be willing to bet Kraft puts more money into perks other than salary for his players than many other owners.

Not bashing you BK, but the message of just those two numbers without any backup info.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Obviously debits and credits are the exact opposite. That much is a given.

My point is by stating the two numbers provided, to a simple mind it may look like Kraft is pocketing $400,000,000 a year off the backs of the players he refuses to pay fairly.

All teams get and equal share of the TV packages. All teams have a minimum and a maximum they must and can pay their players. I would be willing to bet Kraft puts more money into perks other than salary for his players than many other owners.

Not bashing you BK, but the message of just those two numbers without any backup info.
I'm remembering running my own business successfully and hearing people say "you are making a lot of money and your workers are not making shit!"

I remember the surprise of my manufacturers rep's when I told them I'm closing up shop!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I should you the gal's name.

She didn't provide any other info. That's why I stated, MIGHT/MIGHT NOT. I hate crap from people who others think are genius.
Where the hell did $684M Revenue come from? Where did $280M Player expense come from?

I don't feel like you're bashing me, but I feel like you want me to verify her "Research".

I've never seen one NFL team's Balance Sheet. I doubt that they fall under anyone's "right" to see them.

I ran my own business for four years before I retired. I was my own employee so unlike Southie, I didn't have anyone bitchin' about how much I made and how I spent it for expenses other than my wife. Until I could write off those expenses at tax time.

This is all that you get when you try to find out anything about how she came to her "Research Conclusions".

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel like you're bashing me, but I feel like you want me to verify her "Research".
No, just voicing my discontent with the...less than accountable publishment.
I've never seen one NFL team's Balance Sheet. I doubt that they fall under anyone's "right" to see them.
Agree
This is all that you get when you try to find out anything about how she came to her "Research Conclusions".

Again, less than accountable.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3