• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Totally Start Over!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am not sure firing BB is the solution but stripping him of GM duties is a must. A new GM can hire the pieces he or she feels are best suited to bring this team into today's NFL. I feel BB would not be fired but be presented with the option to step down thus saving he and Kraft a lot of aggrevation.

Yeah focus on actual coaching instead of getting shitty shitty players! Kraft's patience with him as to be wearing pretty thin one would think thought right now

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah focus on actual coaching instead of getting shitty shitty players! Kraft's patience with him as to be wearing pretty thin one would think thought right now
Well the hole being dug is certainly getting deeper. Part of me thinks the BB has not adapted to today's game, then the other side of my brain say's he's the greatest coach of all time and will adapt. So this really does boil down to Kraft's patience IMO. I think stripping him of GM duties sets a tone and send a clear message. And BB may get indignant with losing his GM duties and step aside. This of course beg's the question, who is the replacement and is he in house now?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one of the games coming on here too,so i,ll definetly watch it.we get so little in terms of good games.
I am pulling for PSU i just like them, I am an ND guy through and through but PSU is a close second

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of talent on the D once everyone is healthy. Need to resign Dugger and Uche at a minimum. Marcus Jones Gonzo and Judon back the D is legit minus some dumb penalties.

Sure up the Oline. That and coaching are the two biggest issues. This team has no heart and are not cohesive.
Not sure what to do at QB? FA, Draft or keep Mac with an improved Oline. He's seeing ghosts and on his 3rd O coordinator.

We have three decent TEs, 2 decent RBs and 1 or 2 WRs.

Find a proven vet and bring him in. Take a few shots in the draft after getting the Oline and possibly the QB addressed.
Agree...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the hole being dug is certainly getting deeper. Part of me thinks the BB has not adapted to today's game, then the other side of my brain say's he's the greatest coach of all time and will adapt. So this really does boil down to Kraft's patience IMO. I think stripping him of GM duties sets a tone and send a clear message. And BB may get indignant with losing his GM duties and step aside. This of course beg's the question, who is the replacement and is he in house now?

No there is no one in the wings now. I mean Steve won't take over if Bill steps down since I highly doubt Kraft would allow that.

Kraft really needs to do something and removing his GM duties would be a great start

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of talent on the D once everyone is healthy. Need to resign Dugger and Uche at a minimum. Gonzo and Judon back the D is legit minus some dumb penalties.

Sure up the Oline. That and coaching are the two biggest issues. This team has no heart and are not cohesive.
Not sure what to do at QB? FA, Draft or keep Mac with an improved Oline. He's seeing ghosts and on his 3rd O coordinator.

We have three decent TEs, 2 decent RBs and 1 or 2 WRs.

Find a proven vet and bring him in. Take a few shots in the draft after getting the Oline and possibly the QB addressed.
We have an O-line that can't block, can'y stay healthy, and cannot work together.
We have a QB with no mobility.
We have receivers that cannot get open and nobody to take the top off.
We have TE's that cannot block
We have a great defense that cannot stop the run consistently.
We have a patchwork secondary.
WE have coaches that cannot seem to get the players to play.

WE have lost our can-do players to players who can't do this or that.
Where are the team leaders?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our dillema in a nutshell.
If I were Kraft, I'd be thinking of getting a new GM to build a team and keeping Bill to coach.
If Bill can't coach the new team, the rest of the decision is easy.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the mistakes in hiring leaders for your organization is hiring people who agree with you all the time.

If 2 people allways agree, one of them is not neccessary!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kraft promise Jerod Mayo the HC position?

Groh would be okay as the GM going forward. He's been doing a lot of the personnel stuff recently, which makes one wonder if BB or RK has made that decision.

Bill is from the Parcells tree and won't coach a team if he didn't "Buy The Groceries.

As I've been saying, today's NFL football is not the same NFL football that want to continue to play. Not that it's bad, but it doesn'tfit thehigh speed anti-Defense rules that have been put into place.

If Bill can't control the total personnel operation, I think that he and Kraft will allow allow him to move on in a way that he saves face. We'llknow what actually happened but Krft willnever admit it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Kraft promise Jerod Mayo the HC position?

Groh would be okay as the GM going forward. He's been doing a lot of the personnel stuff recently, which makes one wonder if BB or RK has made that decision.

Bill is from the Parcells tree and won't coach a team if he didn't "Buy The Groceries.

As I've been saying, today's NFL football is not the same NFL football that want to continue to play. Not that it's bad, but it doesn'tfit thehigh speed anti-Defense rules that have been put into place.

If Bill can't control the total personnel operation, I think that he and Kraft will allow allow him to move on in a way that he saves face. We'llknow what actually happened but Krft willnever admit it.
You may be right about all this but it is still conjecture.
Bill might be perfectly willing to let somebody else GM as he has a brain and can tell that his performance as GM has suffered some setbacks.
Perhaps he'd be willing at this point of his career, to be part of the GM decision -making process.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they take the GM duties away it’s not like he won’t have any say with personnel decisions. He will still have some kind of input.

I don’t even think I want Mayo. I want an offensive minded coach.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at this point should they even play the rest of the season?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to two guys who don't seem to have lost their minds, Chris Gasper of the Boston Globe and Mike Giardi of MMQB, I'm beginning to think that they might be on the right track.

1. Don't waste cap money on trying to solve a massive problem. Sign good, solid players to reasonable contracts, and not Agholor deals.
2. Use this draft to re-build the OL. Use all seven or eight picks to do it. There is no offense with a solid OL.
3. Look to 2025 to get a QB, WR and a TE. No sense in signing or drafting any of them if the OL isn't fixed.

If Brown and Owenu hit the market and don't come back, the holes in this OL are so large that filling them has to be the number one priority. The available free agents will want a boat load of cash because they will be the best available but they're that good.

Patriots will have Strange LG, Andrews C, Sow RG and Lowe RT. Back ups will be Wheatly, Reiff, Mafi, J Andrews and Calvin Anderson.

Bill might be thinking that he has the answers to the OL on the 2023 IR lost.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to two guys who don't seem to have lost their minds, Chris Gasper of the Boston Globe and Mike Giardi of MMQB, I'm beginning to think that they might be on the right track.

1. Don't waste cap money on trying to solve a massive problem. Sign good, solid players to reasonable contracts, and not Agholor deals.
2. Use this draft to re-build the OL. Use all seven or eight picks to do it. There is no offense with a solid OL.
3. Look to 2025 to get a QB, WR and a TE. No sense in signing or drafting any of them if the OL isn't fixed.

If Brown and Owenu hit the market and don't come back, the holes in this OL are so large that filling them has to be the number one priority. The available free agents will want a boat load of cash because they will be the best available but they're that good.

Patriots will have Strange LG, Andrews C, Sow RG and Lowe RT. Back ups will be Wheatly, Reiff, Mafi, J Andrews and Calvin Anderson.

Bill might be thinking that he has the answers to the OL on the 2023 IR lost.
#2 That would be stupid, especially considering all the O line players we drafted the last two years.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 That would be stupid, especially considering all the O line players we drafted the last two years.
Strange is the only every offensive play OL other than Andrews.

Mafi can't handle the RG position.
Sow is serviceable, but has problems with inside speed rushers.

I can see where they're coming from. Draft five or six and go to church every day and ask for two of them to be able to play LT and RT.