• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB to Start this Week 11/19/23

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray v Texans

or

Tua v Raiders?

Who should I start?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Murray is a crap shoot but it is against the Texans...

But......... Tua has more weapons

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders D (well ll the entire team actually) has been playing inspired since the coaching change.
I can understand the question.

But, this is one I don't think you should overthink. You go with the guy throwing to Reek, Waddle...not the one throwing to a TE and a WR1 who has been little more than a disappointing underachiever his entire career.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders D (well ll the entire team actually) has been playing inspired since the coaching change.
I can understand the question.

But, this is one I don't think you should overthink. You go with the guy throwing to Reek, Waddle...not the one throwing to a TE and a WR1 who has been little more than a disappointing underachiever his entire career.

With my luck in this league I will start Tua and Murray will ball out and I will lose. That's pretty much what has happened to me this year with my players

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With my luck in this league I will start Tua and Murray will ball out and I will lose. That's pretty much what has happened to me this year with my players

I think it is a warranted debate due to the matchups but ultimately would still go Tua. When I started digging into the stats a bit I was shocked that I couldn't say Tua has the safer floor and higher ceiling. Still think he has higher ceiling tho, but he's had a few duds when they've scored a ton of rushing TDs this year.

The Raiders have been good against the pass statistically, but they've also faced below-avg competition at the position.
Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, T-Bag, TommyD were 4 of their last 5 matchups

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a warranted debate due to the matchups but ultimately would still go Tua. When I started digging into the stats a bit I was shocked that I couldn't say Tua has the safer floor and higher ceiling. Still think he has higher ceiling tho, but he's had a few duds when they've scored a ton of rushing TDs this year.

The Raiders have been good against the pass statistically, but they've also faced below-avg competition at the position.
Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, T-Bag, TommyD were 4 of their last 5 matchups

Yeah I was really debating that based on what you said, it does seem like Tua is boom or bust more so than Murray but Tua does have enough weapons to do well and certainly has more than Murray

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray's rushing should give you a safe floor so if you're looking for guaranteed points, he's probably the safer bet but Tua feels like the better overall play. I'd lean Tua

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On this one, I think I'd go with Stroud. With Tua, he'll probably still put up good numbers but since the Raiders are bad, there's a chance they get up a lot and start relying on the running game. Houston's success has been all Stroud throwing the ball. They did get the run game going for the first time all year last week but I still like Stroud to continue his hot play

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stroud for me, Zona plays some of the most Cover 4 in the league, Tank and Schultz should feast and Nico is back this weekend

can't wait to see what Stroud can do with Nico, Noah, and Tank all healthy at the same time, push old man Rob Woods back to the bench

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this question is both for this week and for Rest of Season

Purdy vs Tampa
Dobbs vs Denver

seems like an easy Purdy call with Tampa pass D being bad and Denver's pass D actually playing pretty good since the Bears fiasco

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Tua, he'll probably still put up good numbers but since the Raiders are bad, there's a chance they get up a lot and start relying on the running game.
:scratch: Do the Dolphins let off the gas when they're ahead?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Sam Sportboy some folks punched in their Tua vs Stroud vs Kyler thoughts on this thread

Give me Stroud this week over Tua, summed up by I can see dolphins winning without passing all game, can't see Houston winning if they don't sling it

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stroud for me, Zona plays some of the most Cover 4 in the league, Tank and Schultz should feast and Nico is back this weekend

can't wait to see what Stroud can do with Nico, Noah, and Tank all healthy at the same time, push old man Rob Woods back to the bench

I went with Stroud with the thinking of Nico as well.. I put Nico in one of my leagues as well.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this question is both for this week and for Rest of Season

Purdy vs Tampa
Dobbs vs Denver

seems like an easy Purdy call with Tampa pass D being bad and Denver's pass D actually playing pretty good since the Bears fiasco

Purdy has been more "consistent" no? But Dobbs can ball out... Both defenses aren't that great But I'd go Purdy (as long as CMC is healthy)