• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry, but OSU should not be in the NCG.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU would annihilate OSU? really?

they scored 14 pts against a mediocre team. wow. what dominance.

Meh...OSU gave up 41 to an even more mediocre team...not sure I would say annihilate, but a win in entirely possible.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn needed a god miracle hail mary to beat a mediocre UGA team at home......AND they have a loss to an average LSU team....

How can you bash on Ohio state for beating their rival by 1 on the road but not bring thAT UP

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osu has never beaten FSU, and if they do play this year, I don't see that stat being broken

I bet you didn't see Georgia getting their clock cleaned by 4 teams,including Vanderbilt, but it happened.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh...OSU gave up 41 to an even more mediocre team...not sure I would say annihilate, but a win in entirely possible.

MSU offense plays right into Ohio States "strengths" on D......a non mobile QB and a power run game

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, Michigan beat the ever-loving shit out of Minnesota this year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people still trying to use the transitive property? OSU lost to Purdue and USC in 2009. Oregon beat Purdue and USC in 2009. Ohio State beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

The transitive property is crap.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is in a major conference; Goes undefeated on the season; Then wins their CC game vs a top 10 ranked team.

That gets in - Period. No 1 loss team should jump them, just to put TSec in again. I know the talking heads and their agendas will be making the push asap, but its bullshit.

I was all for Ohio State even being 4th behind Baylor a couple weeks back, based on schedule. However we should all be watching 2 undefeated teams duke it out for the title.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU gave up the points to a team who has enough talent to hang out about anyone in the country. Just like Auburn last year they needed to play as a team and look what the 0-8 in SEC Auburn did this year with the same players. Interesting how the same players can play better when they play together, just like Michigan did yesterday.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people still trying to use the transitive property? OSU lost to Purdue and USC in 2009. Oregon beat Purdue and USC in 2009. Ohio State beat Oregon in the Rose Bowl.

The transitive property is crap.

To an extent, I agree. Some teams match up better with other teams. I don't care how you want to translate it -- UM putting up 603 yards and Devin Gardner having 450 yards passing and throwing to wide open WRs all game doesn't bode well for OSU if they ever play a legitimate team (which as a Michigan fan, UM is MOST DEFINITELY not).

What happened to Bradley Roby this year? I've watched two full OSU games this year -- Wisconsin and Michigan. The #1 WR on both teams (Abbreris and Gaillon) had 19 catches for almost 400 yards receiving. I thought he was supposed to be the best cover corner in the NCAA returning this year? He was actually a guy I wanted the Lions to draft if he came out last year.

He has looked terrible in the two games I've watched. Is he hurt or something?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU gave up the points to a team who has enough talent to hang out about anyone in the country.

I'm sorry Ellupo, but that is garbage. What UM lacks IS talent on the offensive side of the ball. Their WR corp is so bad, they had to move Funchess (our starting TE) to wide out.

Our RBs consist of two true freshmen (Green and Smith) and Touissant, who has been horrendous this year. Green was the highly touted 5 star player, but he injured his ankle and put on like 25 lbs while he was hurt.

UM's offensive line outside of the tackles have been one of the worst in the NCAA. As I stated earlier -- Nebraska and MSU piled up 13 sacks and held UM to NEGATIVE 70 yards rushing in back to back games a couple weeks ago. They have started 6 different players at Guard and Center trying to find someone who can actually sustain a block.

So to say UM, who has the 96th ranked offense has the talent to hang with anyone, is nothing more than making up an excuse to justify the Buckeyes defense looking like trash.

Trust me -- I HATE having to talk about UM like this, but it is the truth. I am the one who put up the thread earlier this year saying it is an absolute JOKE that UM is ranked in the top 25 after they should have lost to Akron and barely beat UConn. I bought into the hype of the team coming into the season, as they had a laughable schedule, but the only thing that ended up being funny is the product UM put on the field. They were overmatched in many of their games this year.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn needed a god miracle hail mary to beat a mediocre UGA team at home......AND they have a loss to an average LSU team....

How can you bash on Ohio state for beating their rival by 1 on the road but not bring thAT UP

Its called hypocrisy....... :L:rollseyes:

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play nobody = BCS title game.

The death of the BCS can't happen soon enough.

You're still going to have teams get into the playoffs because they are undefeated and have played nobody. The new system is better, but it still has problems as well.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're still going to have teams get into the playoffs because they are undefeated and have played nobody. The new system is better, but it still has problems as well.

The bigger the playoff system, the better the chance for a two-loss team to go all the way.

A case in point is North Alabama, which has two losses, but they've made it to the quarter-finals and have a good shot at playing for the national championship. Last season, two-loss Valdosta State won it all.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry Ellupo, but that is garbage. What UM lacks IS talent on the offensive side of the ball. Their WR corp is so bad, they had to move Funchess (our starting TE) to wide out.

Our RBs consist of two true freshmen (Green and Smith) and Touissant, who has been horrendous this year. Green was the highly touted 5 star player, but he injured his ankle and put on like 25 lbs while he was hurt.

UM's offensive line outside of the tackles have been one of the worst in the NCAA. As I stated earlier -- Nebraska and MSU piled up 13 sacks and held UM to NEGATIVE 70 yards rushing in back to back games a couple weeks ago. They have started 6 different players at Guard and Center trying to find someone who can actually sustain a block.

So to say UM, who has the 96th ranked offense has the talent to hang with anyone, is nothing more than making up an excuse to justify the Buckeyes defense looking like trash.

Trust me -- I HATE having to talk about UM like this, but it is the truth. I am the one who put up the thread earlier this year saying it is an absolute JOKE that UM is ranked in the top 25 after they should have lost to Akron and barely beat UConn. I bought into the hype of the team coming into the season, as they had a laughable schedule, but the only thing that ended up being funny is the product UM put on the field. They were overmatched in many of their games this year.
You dont have to agree for it to be true. Your RBs have one with a great deal of experience and one that was the top RB comming out of HS, if I am not mistaken. They have played to potentional all season but to say they did not have the ability is very incorrect.
UMs Oline has been awful. However they have had top recruits that were not playing well together. Hoke has been touted for bringing in top lineman for the last two seasons, so once again the talent was there. You call it an excuse, I call it a Michigan team with tons of talent playing together for a goal they could all get behind. Havent you every watched a rivalry game before?
I will agree with this, the Buckeye secondary did not look good. They do need to work on that a great deal.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont have to agree for it to be true. Your RBs have one with a great deal of experience and one that was the top RB comming out of HS, if I am not mistaken. They have played to potentional all season but to say they did not have the ability is very incorrect.

UM's RBs Green and Touissant have been horrendous against just about everybody. Touissant averages 3.5 YPC on 183 carries and Green averages 3.2 YPC on 82 carries.
And both guys have been about as bad as you can be at picking up blitzes, which is why Gardner has to run for his life most games.

UMs Oline has been awful. However they have had top recruits that were not playing well together. Hoke has been touted for bringing in top lineman for the last two seasons, so once again the talent was there. You call it an excuse, I call it a Michigan team with tons of talent playing together for a goal they could all get behind. Havent you every watched a rivalry game before?

The OL may have potential, but when you play musical chairs all year, because none of them can sustain a block and the entire middle of your offensive line (both guards and center) consists of 6 guys with no playing experience (all true freshmen or redshirt sophomores) and they have a different OL starting each game -- all it is, is 'potential'.

As far as the playing together for a goal? What have they been doing all year? Are you saying they decided that for one game they would play well, while not playing well the rest of the year?

I will agree with this, the Buckeye secondary did not look good. They do need to work on that a great deal.

What happened to Roby? That guy was a monster last year when I watched him. He has looked horrible in the games I've watched this year? Is he hurt?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again tOSU's defense is bad bc of Fickell. If you don't have a defensive coordinator, it messes up everything. You don't have chemistry , giys are out of place, confusion, better players look worse, it makes the WHOLE team look worse.

I don't care where tOSU ends up lose to MSU, win the CCG and lose in NC, or win the NC. FICKELL NEEDS TO GO.

OSU's defense in the past when Tressel was there was always a defensive team first, always had good defenses. Ever since Fickell took as interim their defense has been shit.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they beat Michigan State, OSU deserves to be in the game. Why, because that's the way the system works. They would have a 2nd straight undefeated season in a major conference and one of only 2 undefeated BCS teams.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UM's RBs Green and Touissant have been horrendous against just about everybody. Touissant averages 3.5 YPC on 183 carries and Green averages 3.2 YPC on 82 carries.
And both guys have been about as bad as you can be at picking up blitzes, which is why Gardner has to run for his life most games.

The OL may have potential, but when you play musical chairs all year, because none of them can sustain a block and the entire middle of your offensive line (both guards and center) consists of 6 guys with no playing experience (all true freshmen or redshirt sophomores) and they have a different OL starting each game -- all it is, is 'potential'.

As far as the playing together for a goal? What have they been doing all year? Are you saying they decided that for one game they would play well, while not playing well the rest of the year?

What happened to Roby? That guy was a monster last year when I watched him. He has looked horrible in the games I've watched this year? Is he hurt?
Yes both horrendous but like I said the potential was there. tOSU has had a solid run D all year but not as good in that game. As others have said about Auburn, Michigan played like they had nothing to lose and they played together.
Yes I am saying that they were not motivated for what ever reason most of the season. Look at Auburn last year vs. this year. Same players but different result. I think the players were the motivating factor not the coaches. The players want to know off tOSU, that is a big motivation to play harder than they have all season. Once again rivalry game.

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talk about two SEC teams in the NCG has actually started on other threads. As I said earlier on this one, the BCS would seem to want it that way. As I also said, when SEC teams lose they don't drop much in the standings. We have 3 loss LSU and 4 loss Tex A&M in the top 25.

I am surprised that Alabama dropped as far as they did. Kind of expected the rankings to be:
1. Auburn because they beat Alabama
2. Alabama because they played Auburn even for 59minutes and 59 seconds.
3. Missouri because they are in the SEC
4. South Carolina because they are in SEC
5. Florida because they won a couple of championships a few years ago
followed by Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Georgia, Tex A&M, Ole Miss, Miss St., Arkansas,LSU
because they too are in the SEC.

Most people on this thread don't pay attention to those preseason polls, but I do!!

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU offense plays right into Ohio States "strengths" on D......a non mobile QB and a power run game

I thought they went to that white kid that kind of reminds me of Tyler Donovan....ie CAN run.