• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry, but OSU should not be in the NCG.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeeed, sir!

Bottom line...thee OSU is unbeaten for the second straight year. If they beat the Spartans, they have earned a shot at the title.

you do realize that a bunch of teams are undefeated against teams not in the top 20, right? because that is all ohio state is... undefeated against 21-the rest. 0-0 against the top 20. last year as well (not that it matters... or not that it should matter)

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's not how it works. they might still get in, but a BCS AQ team that is undefeated isn't guaranteed a spot, even if only 2 such teams exist.

if ohio state wins by 1 point and auburn wins by 30+, i'd expect auburn to jump ohio state.

Everybody would look at an Auburn win against Missouri and yawn. Come on, Missouri barely got by a three loss Aggie team on their home field and only scored 28 points in the process. Check out the Aggies record and see how many other teams scored that many or more and you'll see powerhouses like Rice and Sam Houston St. Missouri is a good team but aside from playing in the SEC they are nothing special. Beating them and still having a loss doesn't mean Auburn should be higher in the standings than an undefeated OSU team. If the two top teams are undefeated at the end of the season they should play for the NC.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that a bunch of teams are undefeated against teams not in the top 20, right? because that is all ohio state is... undefeated against 21-the rest. 0-0 against the top 20. last year as well (not that it matters... or not that it should matter)

Then, just as many have said, the fact that the SEC has won the last 7 national titles is irrelevant as well.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Auburn was able to beat LSU, LSU wouldn't be ranked where they are right not.

By losing Auburn made them ranked higher.

See how it works.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense to OSU fans. I give you all the props in the world for beating the teams on your schedule, but they have beaten nobody all year.

I haven't had the chance to watch OSU much this year, but after watching them today, they are just atrocious defensively. 603 yards to a UM team who has struggled mightily offensively this year, including 150 yards on the ground. Iowa just held UM to like 125 yards of offense in their last game -- OSU made UM look like an offensive juggernaut.

While I can't stand the SEC -- it will be laughable if the best conference, by a landslide, doesn't have a representative in the NCG.

This is a serious question to the OSU faithful -- During your win streak -- what is OSU's "signature win"? They haven't beat a top 10, top 15, etc. team the entire time.

OSU has done it for two years, undefeated for two years, that's tough to do in any conference.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years people whined about one-loss teams from major conferences getting in the title game. Now people are whining about undefeated teams from major conferences getting in the title game? You people don't know what you want.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
does the SEC's domination in the BCS title game and BCS bowls, as well as solid record against the other conferences during the regular season help you see how they stack up?

I assume you're talking about the bowls, well look how the SEC did against Mizzu and A&M when they only had a week to prepare for them instead of a month. Bowls only show what team was able to handle the long lay-off better.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LMAO at losing on a 100 yard field goal return with ONE second on the clock!

I wonder how many of those SEC wins over ranked opponents were wins against teams that really deserved their high ranking.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years people whined about one-loss teams from major conferences getting in the title game. Now people are whining about undefeated teams from major conferences getting in the title game? You people don't know what you want.

It makes no sense. Not worried I have always been in the same mindset.

If you have 2 teams undefeated in BCS AQ-conference (regardless if they don't think they deserve it) they should be in the NCG.

Yet another year Bama has 1 loss and doesn't win their conference and we hear nothing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Im STILL trying to figure out ( because no one has answered me ) is why, 2 years ago the quality of your loss was the ONLY THING that mattered to SEC people yet now 2 years later we are discussing "what teams have you beat??".... OSU hasnt lost. That trumps anything a 1 loss team has done. If you argued for Bama 2 years ago then you HAVE to be on board with OSU playing in the title game this year if they end unbeaten. Period. Anything else and you are just a homer ( and not even the cool kind, youre a CONFERENCE homer.... LOL )

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how it took that to beat us huh, something that has happened like .001% of the time in the history of the game.

And still among the fans who post here, all you have heard is congrats to Auburn and some questions about a play or two in the game that had fishy refereeing, but not much in sour grapes. Seems Bama fans can lose with class as well as win with class.

Instead some just rag on other schools instead, it is the same difference. Not saying you do it, but others just put it on other teams that "don't deserve a shot".

haydav49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how many of those SEC wins over ranked opponents were wins against teams that really deserved their high ranking.

Well considering how somewhere around 10 of the 14 SEC teams usually start the season ranked and end up over ranked. I'd say a bunch. Come on, UGA and aTm still ranked? That's bull shit. Four of the top ten, that's bull shit too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Im STILL trying to figure out ( because no one has answered me ) is why, 2 years ago the quality of your loss was the ONLY THING that mattered to SEC people yet now 2 years later we are discussing "what teams have you beat??".... OSU hasnt lost. That trumps anything a 1 loss team has done. If you argued for Bama 2 years ago then you HAVE to be on board with OSU playing in the title game this year if they end unbeaten. Period. Anything else and you are just a homer ( and not even the cool kind, youre a CONFERENCE homer.... LOL )

I guess we will never know. The homers just skip over the question.

The answer is obviously bc it was the SEC and they are obviously superior, so they deserve it more.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hey, don't lump us together. some on here think the NC spots have reserved seating......... the "delusion" virus is strong this year.......

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume you're talking about the bowls, well look how the SEC did against Mizzu and A&M when they only had a week to prepare for them instead of a month. Bowls only show what team was able to handle the long lay-off better.

I think Mizzou and A&M have proven that the SEC isn't light years ahead of any BCS conference like so many believe. There was once upon a time the SEC was considered far better than the Big 12 because the Big 12 played "no defense," yet two of the not-so-good Big 12 teams have come to the SEC and have more than held their own.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC fans new claim to fame will soon be "Every year we play in the NCG we win it!!!"