• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry, but OSU should not be in the NCG.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tOSU needed this game. I said before and I'll say it again. I thought both UW and tOSU played crappy all around in our game. Michigan used their athletes and stepped up. The Buckeyes NEEDED to be challenged.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win next week, that's their signature win and you know what? That's good enough.

Spare me all this who ya beat and who you didn't :bullshit:

This is the BCS and if only two teams remain unbeaten for the major BCS conferences, they are in. Deal with it.

You can use your "our conference is better" garbage if all things are equal but for right now, they are not. SEC is out.

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OSU wins out, they should be in it.

But do feel really sorry for them if they have to face FSU. That'll be an ugly game.

Man, I started on disney in 98, and come 2002 I heard the same shit. Terry porter aside, those dogs came to play. Same thing 2 years before about ou. FSU has shown some weakness, especially vs the deep ball. I wouldnt dismiss meyer exploiting any weakness just yet. Yeah, all my money will be on fsu, but.....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm.....Oklahoma was undefeated.

Nope. KSU beat them in the CCG. The BCS gave them the benefit of the doubt. And forever after the Team SEC refused to give USC a shred of respect for their dynasty, claiming Auburn would have shown them whatsup. This gives me all kinds of warm and fuzzy memories of Disney and Myspace sports forums epic verbal warfare.

Side note. After that, I don't think the CCG ever left Dallas(Sooner/Longhorn Land) ever again.

Edit: That was the year before, I guess. But still. The old days were so fun.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State couldn't beat Miami either could they? Wasn't that one of the best college football teams of all time and they were going to ROLL through OSU?

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

An undefeated Auburn would not have been passed over by any 1-loss team...

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that people are discussing whether or not a 13-0 team will be jumped by a one-loss team (this is assuming both teams win their respective conference championships) shows how ridiculous the BCS has become now. Thank God we're getting a playoff system next season. Maybe that will make things less shitty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact that people are discussing whether or not a 13-0 team will be jumped by a one-loss team (this is assuming both teams win their respective conference championships) shows how ridiculous the BCS has become now. Thank God we're getting a playoff system next season. Maybe that will make things less shitty.

Nope because then they will be complaining about which 1 loss teams should make it or when a 2 loss jumps a 1 loss for the final spot.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope because then they will be complaining about which 1 loss teams should make it or when a 2 loss jumps a 1 loss for the final spot.

Probably. At least it's just about impossible for an undefeated team to get screwed under the new system.

Personally, I think they could fix the rankings by getting rid of preseason rankings and just starting the season with the final rankings from after the bowl games of the previous season. I mean, look at the same of the teams that were ranked in the preseason poll for God knows why:

• Louisville (lol)
    Florida (lmao)
    Texas
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Boise State
    TCU
    Northwestern
    Oregon State

Yeah, my idea wouldn't fix having some teams overrated at the beginning of the season, but at least it wouldn't result in teams, like Florida, receiving a bunch of stupid preseason hype that just ends up affecting future rankings. The only reason why Miami ever got ranked as high as they got to was because they beat Florida. Then again, the media might just hype certain teams up at random anyway. I kinda just hate preseason rankings period.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably. At least it's just about impossible for an undefeated team to get screwed under the new system.

Personally, I think they could fix the rankings by getting rid of preseason rankings and just starting the season with the final rankings from after the bowl games of the previous season. I mean, look at the same of the teams that were ranked in the preseason poll for God knows why:

• Louisville (lol)
    Florida (lmao)
    Texas
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Boise State
    TCU
    Northwestern
    Oregon State

Yeah, my idea wouldn't fix having some teams overrated at the beginning of the season, but at least it wouldn't result in teams, like Florida, receiving a bunch of stupid preseason hype that just ends up affecting future rankings. The only reason why Miami ever got ranked as high as they got to was because they beat Florida. Then again, the media might just hype certain teams up at random anyway. I kinda just hate preseason rankings period.

they shouldn't have any rankings until a few weeks into the season.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they shouldn't have any rankings until a few weeks into the season.

I was actually about to suggest that myself.
:agree:

The only problem that might create is knowing who is good and who is not. Personally, I think the NCAA might want to fix the SOS problem by making teams schedule games with teams who finished with the same position in their conference instead of doing it years in advance. For example, Stanford and Florida play each other this season because they both won their conference. Since some conferences *cough* Big Ten*cough* get heavily scrutinized because of the conference being perceived as weak, this system would make them play at least one good team outside of their conference.

Certainly would make for interesting matchups.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the name OHIO STATE was BOISE STATE instead.

Would the Buckeyes argument be anywhere near as solid??

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the name OHIO STATE was BOISE STATE instead.

Would the Buckeyes argument be anywhere near as solid??

Don't think that's really the same thing. Ohio State plays in an AQ conference, and the Big Ten is no MWC. They're not as good as the Pac-12 or the SEC, but they're not a horrible conference.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win next week, that's their signature win and you know what? That's good enough.

Spare me all this who ya beat and who you didn't

This is the BCS and if only two teams remain unbeaten for the major BCS conferences, they are in. Deal with it.

You can use your "our conference is better" garbage if all things are equal but for right now, they are not. SEC is out.

Uhhhhhh -- Did you miss what conference 'my team' plays in??? I'm a Michigan fan. I'm the furthest from a SEC fan as you can get. Doesn't change the fact they are, by far, the best conference in college football and have been for almost a decade and will continue to be, as long as the SEC schools are smack in the middle of the most talent rich pool of players in the country. Also, up until a few years ago -- SEC teams took advantage of loop holes to oversign recruits and stash them away with medical redshirts and grey shirts and the top teams in the SEC are just deeper talent wise across the board.

That being said -- the B1G is embarrassing this year, even more so than in the last 4 or 5 years, when they have just been bad. OSU is the only team who should even sniff a top 10 ranking. MSU is a top 25 team, but they lost to Notre Dame for crying out loud. Michigan is a disaster. Wisconsin is average at best. Nebraska is a disaster. Penn State is a disaster. Outside of OSU and MSU, the only other halfway decent team in the B1G is Iowa.

As I said -- OSU fans want to talk about the winning streak, but they haven't played a quality team during the entire stretch. Boise State's winning streak was more impressive. At least they beat Oregon twice during their winning streak. THAT is why I said, I don't think they should be in the NCG. I know they will be if they end up undefeated, but I just don't feel they are one of the best two teams in the country.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then why doesn't Alabama just sit the season out, wait for the teams to play their seasons through and Alabama plays the best team in the country. You do realize everyone including the freaking computers "knew" Alabama was better than Auburn right?

I don't even know why they play the damn games. That sort of thinking is the reason CFB is such a farce. Well one of the reasons anyway. All these teams play schedules with few if any common opponents but everyone just KNOWS who is better ... "even the computers say so". What a joke.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think that's really the same thing. Ohio State plays in an AQ conference, and the Big Ten is no MWC. They're not as good as the Pac-12 or the SEC, but they're not a horrible conference.

Agree -- it isn't the same thing. The B1G is better than the MWC, but it doesn't change the fact BSU had more impressive wins than OSU has had during their current winning streak. OSU has played slightly better conference opponents, but still no impressive wins.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if UM's 96th ranked offense can put up 603 yards and 41 points on Ohio State -- I wonder what MSU's 81st ranked offense can do?

Think about that -- SIX HUNDRED YARDS. To put that in perspective -- UM had 158 yards against Iowa (I thought it was only 125), 175 yards against Nebraska and 168 yards against Michigan State.

So against Iowa, Nebraska and Michigan State -- UM had 501 yards of offense total in 12 quarters of football. UM had 603 against Ohio State in 4 quarters.

It is just embarrassing how bad the B1G, as a whole, is right now.

I do find it funny, when I asked the question for the OSU faithful to name their signature win during their winning streak -- All I hear is crickets.

That was "good" Devin Gardner today. We haven't seen that much this year. When he's right Sparty doesn't have anyone nearly as good. I think Sparty is going to have a tough time next week. I hope I'm wrong.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was "good" Devin Gardner today. We haven't seen that much this year. When he's right Sparty doesn't have anyone nearly as good. I think Sparty is going to have a tough time next week. I hope I'm wrong.

If MSU can play the run like they have and limit OSU and make them pass the ball. They have a solid chance, as Braxton Miller is not impressive throwing the ball.

That being said -- I'm not sure MSU can put up enough points to hang with OSU. They will have to win a close, low scoring game if they want to beat OSU.