• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Rooting For Green Bay, Detroit, and Indy today.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
On sports talk radio, I heard about the scenarios for the Seahawks getting homefield advantage. Basicially, if we win out and either GB or Detroit wins out, we get homefield advantage because we'd own the tiebreaker even if Dallas wins out. GB plays Detroit in week 16, so if both GB and Detroit win this week, one of them will go 2-0 and we'd get homefield advantage assuming that GB and Detroit don't tie in week 17. Also of course, it would help us if Dallas lost today so that we'd be ahead of them in the playoff standings.

In conclusion, Go Packers, Lions and Colts!

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need to pick it up, getting beat by Clausen.

Most important thing to me is that we finish with a higher seed than Green Bay.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions need to pick it up, getting beat by Clausen.

Most important thing to me is that we finish with a higher seed than Green Bay.

If Seattle ends 12-4 ( 10-4 ) and Green Bay ends 12-4 ( 10-4 ) we win that tie breaker because we beat them this season thing is Dallas beat us. If Dallas goes 12-4 ( 10-4 ) we NEED Det or GB to also be 12-4 if Seattle wins out. In a three way tie Seattle wins in that tie breaker over all of them. If Dallas and Seattle are the only 12-4 teams then Dallas gets the #1 seed.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Seattle ends 12-4 ( 10-4 ) and Green Bay ends 12-4 ( 10-4 ) we win that tie breaker because we beat them this season thing is Dallas beat us. If Dallas goes 12-4 ( 10-4 ) we NEED Det or GB to also be 12-4 if Seattle wins out. In a three way tie Seattle wins in that tie breaker over all of them. If Dallas and Seattle are the only 12-4 teams then Dallas gets the #1 seed.

Yeah, it's a crazy scenario because we're actually rooting for teams right now who could potentially beat us in the playoffs, especially if the game is played at their house.

It's a bit of a risky proposition because it comes with the assumption that we'll win our last 2 games.

In my mind, Green Bay would be the most dangerous home team in the playoffs (perhaps even more so than us), so I don't want them getting a higher seed no matter what.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Green Bay can't BOTH win out as they play week 17.

Wouldn't mind seeing Detroit be there alot Easier then GB

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one said they could, what has been said was they both need to win today, and they did so thats taken care of. Now all Seattle has to do is win out and no tie in the Det@GB game.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would Detroit be easier that GB? Their passing game is as good as anyone's with Tate and Johnson being able to keep defenses more honest and their D is ranked #1 in scoring going into this week. I'm not sure Detroit wouldn't be the harder matchup.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Green Bay both won so what Dallas does now doesn't matter. Seattle will be the first seed if they win their last two games.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does it #5 seed (will be 11-5) will be traveling to a losing record for the second time in NFL history.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with that 100%. The teams that give the Seahawks trouble, are teams that have great defense and run the ball. While the Lions don't run well, they do try to. Teams that count on their Qbs to carry them are the perfect match for the Seahawks. Seahawks are built to beat these teams, and beat them is what they do.

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Detroit be easier that GB? Their passing game is as good as anyone's with Tate and Johnson being able to keep defenses more honest and their D is ranked #1 in scoring going into this week. I'm not sure Detroit wouldn't be the harder matchup.

I'd much rather play Detroit than GB. Detroit's offense is one dimensional and pass defense is our strength. Plus it's always hard to beat the same team twice in one season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd much rather play Detroit than GB. Detroit's offense is one dimensional and pass defense is our strength. Plus it's always hard to beat the same team twice in one season.

You got to take into account how good the Lions defense is. Give me GB please.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does it #5 seed (will be 11-5) will be traveling to a losing record for the second time in NFL history.

and we all know what happened the 1st time

Last edited by a moderator:

droider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got to take into account how good the Lions defense is. Give me GB please.

I definitely do and they're a good bit better than GB's defense. But, Rodgers outclasses Stafford by a huge margin, GB has better playmakers, and GB has a solid running game.

Simply put, the difference between GB and Detroit on offense is bigger than the difference between GB and Detroit on defense.

I'll be pulling for Detroit next week and in the playoffs (behind us of course), but I don't want anything to do with GB again.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit and Green Bay both won so what Dallas does now doesn't matter. Seattle will be the first seed if they win their last two games.

This is wrong, If Det and GB tie then what Dallas does, Does matter. Yeah i know a Tie is not likely but it's still possible.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely do and they're a good bit better than GB's defense. But, Rodgers outclasses Stafford by a huge margin, GB has better playmakers, and GB has a solid running game.

Simply put, the difference between GB and Detroit on offense is bigger than the difference between GB and Detroit on defense.

I'll be pulling for Detroit next week and in the playoffs (behind us of course), but I don't want anything to do with GB again.

I tell you what, if the Packers beat the Lions next week, I might agree with you. Lets see how it plays out.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Indy's a huge disappointment. But this is no huge surprise. They're the best team in an awful division and everybody knows that they can't roll with the big boys. Dallas is very impressive though. That offense is definitely peaking at the right time.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is wrong, If Det and GB tie then what Dallas does, Does matter. Yeah i know a Tie is not likely but it's still possible.

Yeah you got me, technically you are correct. However, I am confident GB/Det will not end in a tie.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Indy's a huge disappointment. But this is no huge surprise. They're the best team in an awful division and everybody knows that they can't roll with the big boys. Dallas is very impressive though. That offense is definitely peaking at the right time.

Andrew Luck top tier quarterback with Brady/Manning/Rodgers!

:lol: