• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your thoughts on the NFL putting Green bay and Detroit into the late slot?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all understood what you were saying. I just don't think that A) It's that big of a deal and B) it's unprecedented.

This happens more often that you realize because NBC is always going to grab the biggest ratings game it can get.

Only the NFL can flex teams out NBC didn't get a choice in this the networks never do. They pick the games before the season starts not during it. This is to keep it fair for all the Networks and then the NFL flex's games to prime time. This is not unprecedented but it's only happened one time in the past 10 years so it might as well be. Hawks had a game and situation like this what 3 years ago. They needed a team to lose and they needed a win , the team they needed to lose was in the 10AM slot or the Hawks were removed from the prime time slot so the teams would play at the same time. I think it was Green Bay that time also. I think they yanked the Hawks out of the Prime time slot.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the NFL can flex teams out NBC didn't get a choice in this the networks never do. They pick the games before the season starts not during it. This is to keep it fair for all the Networks and then the NFL flex's games to prime time. This is not unprecedented but it's only happened one time in the past 10 years so it might as well be.

The NFL may ultimately decide this but the networks pay the bills. As per NFL procedures the Sunday night game will have playoff implications. Technically they could have picked a game that was about seeding, Realistically speaking there were probably only 3 or 4 games that were an option. Bills-Pats, Jags-Titans, and Packers-Lions. Those were the only 3 games where both teams have playoff hopes.

I would think it doesn't happen often because it is rare for this situation to occur.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL may ultimately decide this but the networks pay the bills. As per NFL procedures the Sunday night game will have playoff implications. Technically they could have picked a game that was about seeding, Realistically speaking there were probably only 3 or 4 games that were an option. Bills-Pats, Jags-Titans, and Packers-Lions. Those were the only 3 games where both teams have playoff hopes.

I would think it doesn't happen often because it is rare for this situation to occur.
Jags/Titan game should have been Sunday Night because the Jags are getting screwed also. The Titans played Thursday night and they make the Jags play on a short week. How is that even fair?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags/Titan game should have been Sunday Night because the Jags are getting screwed also. The Titans played Thursday night and they make the Jags play on a short week. How is that even fair?
What does that have to do with playing on Sunday night? The Titans and Jags might be the 2 least popular football teams in the league.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with playing on Sunday night? The Titans and Jags might be the 2 least popular football teams in the league.

Wow you say it but don't notice it.

Competitive fairness and the fact the NFL has always stated they do not play favorites on any team ( lol ) and work for competitive fairness and it was THAT reason they made the last week of the schedule a TBD " For competitive fairness" The Jags Titan game is a win and in game, they might not be the most popular teams but I sure as hell would watch it. Sucks they played Sunday and the Titans have not played Since the Thursday before this last one. They are making a team play on a short week vs one that had basically a mini bye week. Throw that game on Sunday night, it really is a no brainer if they want to practice what one preaches.

I feel this scheduling also creates to much of a opportunity for something weird to happen and people to start pointing fingers for setting up the Sunday night game to be a win and in. We will see. Wouldn't that be amazing that both night games are win and in games the final week of the season? It would smell rather fishy to me.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you say it but don't notice it.

Competitive fairness and the fact the NFL has always stated they do not play favorites on any team ( lol ) and work for competitive fairness and it was THAT reason they made the last week of the schedule a TBD " For competitive fairness" The Jags Titan game is a win and in game, they might not be the most popular teams but I sure as hell would watch it. Sucks they played Sunday and the Titans have not played Since the Thursday before this last one. They are making a team play on a short week vs one that had basically a mini bye week. Throw that game on Sunday night, it really is a no brainer if they want to practice what one preaches.

I feel this scheduling also creates to much of a opportunity for something weird to happen and people to start pointing fingers for setting up the Sunday night game to be a win and in. We will see.

Well clearly you are going to be pointing fingers if the Seahawks win and the Lions lose.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well clearly you are going to be pointing fingers if the Seahawks win and the Lions lose.

If the Hawks win the Lions have nothing to play for. Lets not forget that they moved the game in Green Bay from around 1 to 8, no it wont be colder lol not at all.

Like it or not with all the things they ended up flipping by doing this are crazy. As far as I go, I want us to lose. All you that want Geno to return you better hope for that also. The Hawks defense is not good enough to even attempt to play a playoff game lol.

This has always been a post about how the NFL made the last week a TBD to level the competitive field and they seemed to have gone out of their way to avoid the best set-up.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero expectations for us to make the playoffs… I highly doubt Detroit beats Green Bay on the road …

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have zero expectations for us to make the playoffs… I highly doubt Detroit beats Green Bay on the road …
I have a little hope because Detroit has beat them 2 straight games so they're more than capable of doing so... But if I was a betting man, I would definitely take GB since it's in Lambeau... So me expecations are a bit lower as well because of the HFA Aaron Rodgers factor... The nice thing is Goff has been in the spotlight a lot in big games/moments like this so he won't be shell shocked...

I see why NBC picked this game for their prime time coverage... If the Hawks lose, I will definitely be watching the Sunday night game because of the history and implications on this game between the 2 teams... It will be an epic batter either way but I obviously hope I'm watching it to hope for a GB loss...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like it or not with all the things they ended up flipping by doing this are crazy. As far as I go, I want us to lose. All you that want Geno to return you better hope for that also. The Hawks defense is not good enough to even attempt to play a playoff game lol.

I don’t get this attitude. It wasn’t that long ago that a 6-9 Seahawks were playing a game where they win they go to the playoffs and face the defending SB champs with no chance of winning or lose and possibly get a top 6 pick. I consider Lynch’s beast quake run the start of the golden age of Seahawk football, even if it took a year to look like it. How is Seahawk history different if the Hawks don’t play the Saints that year?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get this attitude. It wasn’t that long ago that a 6-9 Seahawks were playing a game where they win they go to the playoffs and face the defending SB champs with no chance of winning or lose and possibly get a top 6 pick. I consider Lynch’s beast quake run the start of the golden age of Seahawk football, even if it took a year to look like it. How is Seahawk history different if the Hawks don’t play the Saints that year?

People get too caught up with draft position. If the success of this team depends on whether we draft 13th or 19th in the draft, then we have some big problems.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People get too caught up with draft position. If the success of this team depends on whether we draft 13th or 19th in the draft, then we have some big problems.
We do have some big problems on defense, we’re getting run over, so picking 13th or 19th can make a difference talent level potentially, of course you need to nail the draft pick … Example, we had a 6th and a 14th the year we got Okung at 6th and Earl Thomas at 14th… If we had a 19th that year we miss out on Earl who definitely was gone probably the next pick… So draft position can be HUGE …

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have some big problems on defense, we’re getting run over, so picking 13th or 19th can make a difference talent level potentially, of course you need to nail the draft pick … Example, we had a 6th and a 14th the year we got Okung at 6th and Earl Thomas at 14th… If we had a 19th that year we miss out on Earl who definitely was gone probably the next pick… So draft position can be HUGE …

Yeah Earl would have been long gone by the 19th pick. Hell I was shocked he was their when we got him but lucky for us there was a guy that was looked at as a even better safety so he went first ( Eric Berry ). Had Berry been healthy i think he is the better safety but his injuries and his fight with cancer really changed his career.

Tonight's Jags/Titan game was a fun game to watch, what a good game. Should have been the Sunday night game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you are looking at it the wrong way.

Russell Wilson was drafted in the late 3rd round. That means over a 100 different players were taken before him. Kam Chancellor was drafted in the 5th round. Richard Sherman was drafted in the 5th round.

Remember when we drafted Lamar King? Or Koren Robinson? Or Aaron Curry?

Of course drafting earlier is better. But drafting better matters so much more.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair Koren Robinson was a stud with a bum knee lets be real now lol. Put him in todays offenses and take away the bum knee he would be a 1000 yard WR every year. King sucked ass. Hawks have had their share of horrible 1st round picks no doubt, John and Pete have had some bust draft picks and hell some big bust player trades nothing is guaranteed. I do have to say that Dlinemen seem to have a solid hit rate as far as being starters at least when compared to QB's.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are looking at it the wrong way.

Russell Wilson was drafted in the late 3rd round. That means over a 100 different players were taken before him. Kam Chancellor was drafted in the 5th round. Richard Sherman was drafted in the 5th round.

Oh of course, you gotta make the right picks no matter, but drafting higher alway’s gives you a better shot at top talent… I’ll always take the odds of a higher draft pick..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course, you gotta make the right picks no matter, but drafting higher alway’s gives you a better shot at top talent… I’ll always take the odds of a higher draft pick..

Of course. But drafting at 13 versus 19 doesn't make that much of a difference.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. But drafting at 13 versus 19 doesn't make that much of a difference.
It can ! Just depends, I’d be happy with the 13th over 19th … If Seattle somehow sneaks until the playoffs I’m behind them, but it’s strongly doubtful, Detroit @ Lambeau isn’t good odds …

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It can ! Just depends, I’d be happy with the 13th over 19th … If Seattle somehow sneaks until the playoffs I’m behind them, but it’s strongly doubtful, Detroit @ Lambeau isn’t good odds …
Compare the top 13 picks in the draft with 14-32

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PICK #13 NFL DRAFTS​

PICK #19 NFL DRAFTS​

largely the difference between 13th and 19th looks to be which positions are available, particularly DT. if we drop down to 19, we will likely miss out on the second tier DL.

source: Pick #19 in NFL Drafts | Lines.com