• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm not an Eagles fan but maybe a Wentz fan now....

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was pretty badass.

Eagles QB Carson Wentz buys shotguns for entire offensive line

Published December 29, 2016
FoxNews.com
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

1483026255953.jpg

Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz celebrates a touchdown on Dec. 18. (AP)

The Philadelphia Eagles offense is definitely set up to use a “shotgun” formation.

COWBOYS VISIT EAGLES IN POSTSEASON TUNEUP

Rookie quarterback Carson Wentz bought each of his offensive linemen a personalized Beretta shotgun for Christmas, a twist on the time-honored tradition of a quarterback rewarding the men who keep him upright each week, ESPN reported.

“This is an awesome gun. I’m excited about it,” said Allen Barbre, who, like Wentz, is an avid Hunter. “I don’t know if I’ll shoot it, though. It’s pretty nice.”

ODELL BECKHAM JR. SHARES CHRISTMAS VIDEO OF A KID GOING BERSERK FOR HIS JERSEY

The shotguns are being engraved with each player’s number on the butt of the weapon, which is believed to be a Beretta Silver Pigeon – a $2,000 model.

“I like to go clay shooting and stuff,” Brandon Brooks told ESPN. “All I’ve got is a home defense tactical shotgun, short-barrel, so I was looking for one of these.”

Not everyone is applauding the shotguns, however.

Shira Goodman, the executive director of CeaseFirePA, expressed concern about gifting guns to NFL players. The Eagles, in particular, have had a recent spate of gun-related incidents. Linebacker Nigel Bradham was arrested in October after allegedly leaving a loaded gun in his backpack while trying to go through security at Miami International Airport. Josh Huff, a wide receiver, was charged in November with speeding, possession of a small amount of marijuana and unlawful possession of a weapon.

“Wentz is a hunter and there have been a lot of stories about that but there have also been a lot of stories how NFL players have got in trouble with their guns," Goodman told FoxNews.com.

She added: “This is certainly an interesting and unusual gift, I’ve heard of quarterbacks buying their offensive line ATVs or steak dinners… Putting locks on these guns will make them safer.”

Wentz, a 23-year-old who was selected No. 2 overall in the 2016 NFL draft, hasn’t delivered the guns yet (they’re not finished), but sent each of the linemen a text with a photo of the gun.

“I haven’t really held a gun or anything before,” Isaac Seumalo said. “But I’m more than thankful for it. It looks sweet. Carson said he’d teach me how to use it and all that good stuff.”

Wentz has been sacked 31 times this season, which is about middle of the pack among quarterbacks with at least 350 passing attempts. The Eagles are 6-9 and in last place in the NFC East.

FoxNews.com's Andrew O'Reilly contributed to this report.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not a good idea for Jared Goff

Unless he wants them pointed at him

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw Shira Goodman.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FoxNews.com

1483026255953.jpg

The Philadelphia Eagles offense is definitely set up to use a “shotgun” formation.

Rookie quarterback Carson Wentz bought each of his offensive linemen a personalized Beretta shotgun for Christmas, a twist on the time-honored tradition of a quarterback rewarding the men who keep him upright each week, ESPN reported.

“This is an awesome gun. I’m excited about it,” said Allen Barbre, who, like Wentz, is an avid Hunter. “I don’t know if I’ll shoot it, though. It’s pretty nice.”

The shotguns are being engraved with each player’s number on the butt of the weapon, which is believed to be a Beretta Silver Pigeon – a $2,000 model.

“I like to go clay shooting and stuff,” Brandon Brooks told ESPN. “All I’ve got is a home defense tactical shotgun, short-barrel, so I was looking for one of these.”

Shira Goodman, the executive director of CeaseFirePA, expressed concern about gifting guns to NFL players. The Eagles, in particular, have had a recent spate of gun-related incidents. Linebacker Nigel Bradham was arrested in October after allegedly leaving a loaded gun in his backpack while trying to go through security at Miami International Airport. Josh Huff, a wide receiver, was charged in November with speeding, possession of a small amount of marijuana and unlawful possession of a weapon.

“Wentz is a hunter and there have been a lot of stories about that but there have also been a lot of stories how NFL players have got in trouble with their guns," Goodman told FoxNews.com.

She added: “This is certainly an interesting and unusual gift, I’ve heard of quarterbacks buying their offensive line ATVs or steak dinners… Putting locks on these guns will make them safer.”

Wentz, a 23-year-old who was selected No. 2 overall in the 2016 NFL draft, hasn’t delivered the guns yet (they’re not finished), but sent each of the linemen a text with a photo of the gun.

“I haven’t really held a gun or anything before,” Isaac Seumalo said. “But I’m more than thankful for it. It looks sweet. Carson said he’d teach me how to use it and all that good stuff.”

Wentz has been sacked 31 times this season, which is about middle of the pack among quarterbacks with at least 350 passing attempts. The Eagles are 6-9 and in last place in the NFC East.

Since it's a new world and everyone can make comments about others I believe I have concern that Ms Shira Goodman should possibly get drunk and have a one night stand with someone, since she is so "concerned".

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting gift. I guess the stores were out of gold watches...:noidea:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely a unique gift. I realize that guns are a controversial topic but I have no problem with it, even though I'm not a gun owner or hunter. It's not like we are talking about full auto assault weapons here.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz also just went hunting with Mike Trout in south Jersey over the weekend. Bunch of pictures circulating around the internetz about it while all the Philly fans are praying nightly that Trout wants to come play in Philly.

Also, Trout bought all the Nike wearing Eagles players new Nikes.

Mike Trout bought every Eagles player a pair of Nikes

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As would taking the wheels off the ATVs or throwing the steak away, you fucking moron :L

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As would taking the wheels off the ATVs or throwing the steak away, you fucking moron :L
bad analogy is bad

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to Carson for getting his guys a novel and very cool gift. While a firearms gift may be controversial to some they are not the recipient of the gift .

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to the North Dakota Boy to buy his oline shotguns. :lol:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In this case at least, she is definitely rubber while you are glue.

:suds:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's a new world and everyone can make comments about others I believe I have concern that Ms Shira Goodman should possibly get drunk and have a one night stand with someone, since she is so "concerned".
Just Googled her......She might struggle with that.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FoxNews.com

1483026255953.jpg

He did well. Good for him.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very cool, as long as none of the recipients rob a 7-11.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad analogy is bad

You're right, sorry.

Those steaks could kill you with cholesterol or food borne illness. Much more dangerous

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a shotgun formation.

I think Wentz is a redneck, and he does redneck things in his spare time. That's fine. I don't really care if he and others legally own hunting weapons, even though I personally don't. It's his right to do so under the second amendment.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't trust Carson Wentz, he just seems like he's plotting something. I dunno why but the guy is off. You guys heard it here first, but that guy is going to be a real life "The Fly" Jeff Goldblum or something.