• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm just here so I won't get fined.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VIDEO: Marshawn Lynch makes cameo on 'The League' - CBSSports.com

"This is what I'm talking about Marshawn. For a silent partner, you sure do talk a lot. It's just yap, yap, yap, yap, yap all the time" :pound:

And he just released two commercials where he makes fun of his not talking.......He doesn't want to play ball with the media.....something happened that spurned him and he doesn't want to deal any more. The cameos, and commercials pay him....help offset the fines.

Also can you blame him. Yesterday WR Doug baldwin asked about Revis. said "im gonna get sunscreen, beachtowl and go to revis island, we'll see how it goes"

Then 10 minutes later a poll on NFL.com, what was the highlight of media day ,,,listed off a few things, then on the bottom "Baldwin CALLING OUT REVIS"

Thats why he doesn't want to talk to the media, cause they are vulchers and no better then the rag magazines you see in the grocery store.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 200,000.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to remember that what you have happening here is a precedent being set.

There is a saying "you get what you tolerate"

In all honestly, I really thought Lynch was the closed book type. Semi awkward in a social scene never really having much to say in general. But the announcers said yesterday that he is the center of attention in and out of the locker room. And seeing him yesterday I would say that is about right.

I understand that. He could have a great deal of social anxiety, and standing in front of a camera/mic can be daunting even if you've done it many times before. It's different when it's you and a group of people with whom you are completely comfortable and trusting, like your family members or your teammates. People like that have no trouble shining the spotlight on themselves when they choose to do so, but resent anyone else shining the light on them and saying, "Dance, sucka!"

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the league is going after him for the hat he wore at the podium yesterday. Likely more than another 100k.

The league has to protect it's bylaws, but they are looking bad in this whole thing.

I'm sure they can't wait for the day when Lynch announces he will be retiring. It's really the only way THEY are going to beat him.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing anyone likes Lynch, the guy is such a douche. I'm not saying you have to be a choir boy and be the media's best friend, but you owe it to your team and the fans to say a couple things and be done. It's part of the job, and he looks like a little bitch when he does this crap. The media is equally stupid for wasting 2 seconds of their time on this assclown.

He gives plenty to his team and the fans. He doesn't owe shit. He's made his choice and the only person it affects is Lynch himself.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel yah brah...nobody believes I'm jewish, straight, independently wealthy, and well-hung

You're an Islander fan so I have no issue believing you're Jewish, which means you're wealthy. Kinda contradicts the well hung part.

But I get it, no one believes I was once the Heavyweight champion of the World.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he just released two commercials where he makes fun of his not talking.......He doesn't want to play ball with the media.....something happened that spurned him and he doesn't want to deal any more. The cameos, and commercials pay him....help offset the fines.

Also can you blame him. Yesterday WR Doug baldwin asked about Revis. said "im gonna get sunscreen, beachtowl and go to revis island, we'll see how it goes"

Then 10 minutes later a poll on NFL.com, what was the highlight of media day ,,,listed off a few things, then on the bottom "Baldwin CALLING OUT REVIS"

Thats why he doesn't want to talk to the media, cause they are vulchers and no better then the rag magazines you see in the grocery store.

The only problem is Lynch's non answers make more flock to him to see how he won't answer next. If he just gave yes, no or no comment answers most of them would go away because there would be no story.

Completely agree with the Baldwin thing. He in no way, shape or form called out anyone. He gave a witty and intelligent answer to a legit question and someone twisted it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:
I'm sure it started off that way, but make no mistake here, Lynch does his thing with the media because of his battle with the league. It starts and ends there. It's him thumbing his nose at them over the fines they have put on him.

It has ZERO to do with any fear or issues with the media itself. It's 100% kicking dirt up on the NFL front office.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the league is going after him for the hat he wore at the podium yesterday. Likely more than another 100k.

The league has to protect it's bylaws, but they are looking bad in this whole thing.

I'm sure they can't wait for the day when Lynch announces he will be retiring. It's really the only way THEY are going to beat him.

You know what. Normally I hate when guys are fined for stuff like that and think it's kind of bull shit. But if he wants to play that game, then he league should too. He deserves the fine, not for wearing the hat, but for thumbing his nose at the league.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an Islander fan so I have no issue believing you're Jewish, which means you're wealthy. Kinda contradicts the well hung part.

But I get it, no one believes I was once the Heavyweight champion of the World.

Damn I wanted that shut out...was pissed at that last second goal:gaah:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what. Normally I hate when guys are fined for stuff like that and think it's kind of bull shit. But if he wants to play that game, then he league should too. He deserves the fine, not for wearing the hat, but for thumbing his nose at the league.

The hat is New Era....sold on the New Era Website.... New Era is a merchandise partner of the NFL. Me thinks this is the Media hoping to drum up something to spite an athlete who wont play ball.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn I wanted that shut out...was pissed at that last second goal:gaah:

The Isles certainly have the Rangers number this year. If not for Lundqvist that first period would have been 3 or 4 goals. Rangers better get better on the 3rd and 4th lines or pray they miss the Isles in the playoffs. Nice to see both teams good at the same time. It's bee a while

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hat is New Era....sold on the New Era Website.... New Era is a merchandise partner of the NFL. Me thinks this is the Media hoping to drum up something to spite an athlete who wont play ball.

I'm just going off the posts I read and the GOOGLE search I did. If it's not a violation to wear it he shouldn't be fined. If it is I wouldn't expect the league to give him any leeway...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Those hats are sold on beast modes site and the procedes go to his charity. They sold out of those hats before the media day event ended. Yes, it is a new era hat, but beasts charity is not an official sponsor.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you either want to finish your career before your face gets ruined for your TV job, or you want to finish your career and be left alone.

I bet Lynch still gets offered to be on tv after he is done.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urlacher was fined 100K for his media day violation.

Know your contract.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So will his fine be higher than had he not spoke to the media? The man's got to make a business decision here. That $6.5 mil he made this season depends on it, haha.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta say, I find what Lynch has done in regards to the media highly entertaining. The NFL wants to order him around and he is just sticking it to them.

Also, it is fucking hilarious some of the posters loosing their minds over this. In particular Hammer and bksballer and a few others to a lesser extent. You guys really want the Seahawk fans to give a fuck but most don't.