• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm curious. How many ESPN regs have moved? Roll call!

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The 9ers board started off slow but the more the regular posters started to trickle to SportsHoopla the more troll heavy the ESPN boards came which lead to even greater exodus to SportsHoopla.

Once the ESPN emptied of people the trolls had less people to feed them and tried to come here but were quickly beaten back and eventually the board became one of the healthier boards on SportsHoopla.

The same thing can happen for this board but I would say you need to make sure to get the word out to the people you want to come to SportsHoopla without the trolls getting wind of it and be proactive in starting topics and keeping discussions alive.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed this board so far. Not having to contend with trolls 24/7 is refreshing after years and years of it at the other board. With that in mind, I would ask that those coming from the CBS board and the regs here give those of us coming from ESPN.com some time to re-adjust to talking plain old football. Some of us are still in troll-buster mode and it's gonna take some time to get used to having disagreements with people without being wary of the people we're having those disagreements with. We all have to feel each other out still.

Anyway, thanks again for welcoming us to the board and I'm sure I speak for those of us coming from the ESPN.com board that it has been a breath of fresh air being here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you posting dude. Personally I think the trolls have made espn posters a bit lazy as posters. It's easy to jump in and argue with trolls when they post some nonsense. In fact the trolls start as many or more threads on espn Seahawks board as Seahawks fans .

Here we got to post football, no more drama arguing with stupid trolls posts. We all got get out of our shell and contribute.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've officially made the change. It's gotten to the point where I get banned every time I make a new account on ESPN. Glad to see the trolls haven't taken over here.....yet.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've officially made the change. It's gotten to the point where I get banned every time I make a new account on ESPN. Glad to see the trolls haven't taken over here.....yet.

Trolls will never take over this board Cave. It's not like ESPN where trolls are allowed to simply get a new handle and continue posting.

Looking forward to your posts. Some of your posts make me laugh so dang hard. I really liked the post were the the 49ers played Pats!

I think it went something like....I don't often root for the Pats, but when I do they are playing the 49ers! Remember that one? It was sheer gold.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you posting dude. Personally I think the trolls have made espn posters a bit lazy as posters. It's easy to jump in and argue with trolls when they post some nonsense. In fact the trolls start as many or more threads on espn Seahawks board as Seahawks fans .

Here we got to post football, no more drama arguing with stupid trolls posts. We all got get out of our shell and contribute.

I'm surprised that I've been able to post as much as I have so far given how much I've been working. When I'm home I generally don't have much else to do, so I kinda stalk the boards. lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can relate dude, in my line of work April and May are bust ass time. However the Mrs. is
leaving town to attend her mother for a unknown time so that opens up some posting time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong as I have had plenty of experience at it.
bj confirmed that he has been posting with 234 on the CBS boards for quite some time. I was waitng for someone to vouch for 234 and that is why I posted my concern thinking 234 may be a troll without mentioning him by name.
I did not call 234 a troll. I said his response was trollish and reminded me why I left the ESPN boards.
SF trolls lived on our board posting over 1000 posts every month. Looking at 234's post count as the highest I saw for Seahawk fans that arrived in April, the fact he arrived in April as we were evacuating that board, and the context of our spar had me want to put 234 on troll watch.
I appologize to 234 for any confusion as your reputation remains intact. Hopefully we can agree to disagree with eachother without pissing eachother off.

Go Seahawks!

Lol it's cool. There would be no interesting discussions if someone didn't disagree with what I have to say. If someone disagrees with something I have to say, I encourage them to explain why. Those types of conversations are what make these forums interesting.

I think it gets boring if it's just one big circle jerk of everyone agreeing how awesome everything is without anyone challenging the status quo. Leads for good debates/discussions when people disagree.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolls will never take over this board Cave. It's not like ESPN where trolls are allowed to simply get a new handle and continue posting.

Looking forward to your posts. Some of your posts make me laugh so dang hard. I really liked the post were the the 49ers played Pats!

I think it went something like....I don't often root for the Pats, but when I do they are playing the 49ers! Remember that one? It was sheer gold.

The mods here are really chill, I can't imagine there being much of a problem.

A thread of mine I posted got out of control and instead of just locking/deleting the thread like 99% of forums do, the mod PM'd me and asked if it was okay. I thought that was really cool, something I'm not used to. So I imagine it'll probably be pretty cool here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol it's cool. There would be no interesting discussions if someone didn't disagree with what I have to say. If someone disagrees with something I have to say, I encourage them to explain why. Those types of conversations are what make these forums interesting.

I think it gets boring if it's just one big circle jerk of everyone agreeing how awesome everything is without anyone challenging the status quo. Leads for good debates/discussions when people disagree.

Exactly! I so agree with your post. I mean just how boring would it be if it was all love and respect for all thing Seahawks? I even though that the trolls added this to the espn board until it got to be 24/7.

I'm a huge fan of the Seahawks front office so expect me to respond when they are criticized. I will enjoy the back and forth.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha yeah, that was awhile ago. I still can't believe the Pats let that one get away from them. And the one time I actually wanted them to win too.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was an ESPN reg that has moved on, the constant banning even when I was talking sports was out of control. Felt like a I had to have a new SN every day whether I actually discussed football or not.

Looking forward to some healthy Hawk talk in the near future. Going to be a fun year.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was an ESPN reg that has moved on, the constant banning even when I was talking sports was out of control. Felt like a I had to have a new SN every day whether I actually discussed football or not.

Looking forward to some healthy Hawk talk in the near future. Going to be a fun year.

Exactly. I can't even register over there anymore. It either gives me an error message or bans me before I post anything.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all must be some bad guys!

:lol:

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am here and very thankful for Harold 2 show me the way.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if I count as a regular, I only posted on espn for about a year. I spent most of my time on the soccer forums (which have gone downhill just as badly btw). However, I have been a seahawk fan for about ten years so I count as a regular fan. since i left I haven't looked at the espn board so i really don't know whats going on there. quick note about supersbowlol though. He at one point posted that he scored a 2100 or something on his sat's. I made a mental note of it because I am 27 and i know that the year after I left high school the sats went from 1600 to 2400, thus telling me that he is younger than 27. Which seems odd for someone who claims to be married with kids, divorced, and a millionaire who has met Tom Brady. Anyway, I was trying to bait him into telling me his score then his age, thus proving he is a liar, but he was wise to it and changed his story, saying he scored a 1400. I realized then that if i actually wanted to catch him in a lie I would have to take screen shots of his messages and monitor his posts. I realized i did not care enough to do that because I have better things to do and I didn't need further evidence that he was a liar. Harold invited me to this board shortly after and I have not been back to espn since

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I count as a regular, I only posted on espn for about a year. I spent most of my time on the soccer forums (which have gone downhill just as badly btw). However, I have been a seahawk fan for about ten years so I count as a regular fan. since i left I haven't looked at the espn board so i really don't know whats going on there. quick note about supersbowlol though. He at one point posted that he scored a 2100 or something on his sat's. I made a mental note of it because I am 27 and i know that the year after I left high school the sats went from 1600 to 2400, thus telling me that he is younger than 27. Which seems odd for someone who claims to be married with kids, divorced, and a millionaire who has met Tom Brady. Anyway, I was trying to bait him into telling me his score then his age, thus proving he is a liar, but he was wise to it and changed his story, saying he scored a 1400. I realized then that if i actually wanted to catch him in a lie I would have to take screen shots of his messages and monitor his posts. I realized i did not care enough to do that because I have better things to do and I didn't need further evidence that he was a liar. Harold invited me to this board shortly after and I have not been back to espn since

Yeah... supers may have mastered the art of bugging the crap out of people, but he still needs work with keeping his lies consistent. lol I do get a kick out of guys who try to make their lives sound fantastic while they're spending half of every day on the internet trolling message boards. I like chatting with you guys and talking Seahawks football, but if my life was as good as these guys claim theirs are, I wouldn't be here much, if at all. I'd have too many other things to do. I certainly wouldn't spend what little free time I did have trolling message boards like these guys do.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue with no new post i do believe is because of the post limit. 25 posts before making your own thread is a little stiff. yes it cuts down on spam but it also cuts down on joiners. Many times i have left and posted back on ESPN because i can not post here. Yet.....

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the issue with no new post i do believe is because of the post limit. 25 posts before making your own thread is a little stiff. yes it cuts down on spam but it also cuts down on joiners. Many times i have left and posted back on ESPN because i can not post here. Yet.....

Hi, 12th, what's the problem, exactly?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like his problem is done. What makes me wonder is that before hitting the 20 mark he could only post on the most recent thread. Is that the way it should work?