• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm curious. How many ESPN regs have moved? Roll call!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure glad to hear your not naim. Speaking of naim , what does everyone else think of that guy. To me, what he did was toxic. Bumping threads to disrupt a board is worst then a regular troll. I could care less if he was a Seahawk fan ! There is no excuse for that kind of behavior.

That's true, but I think it became a tit for tat kinda thing. I think someone was sooooo frustrated with joeniner and stupe trolling they decided to give it back in spades. Not the best idea, but I can see why someone might want to get even with Stupes for being such a tool.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you see a poster named CBTE (comebacktoespn), feel free to tell him to go back to ESPN.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Phil,
Really glad you come over. Saw you at Seahawks.net which is a good board, I've been a member for a while . Mostly I like to lurk, they got some great info, but as a poster you really get lost there. They have gotten so hugh and have members who posted for years.
Tell me what prompted you to check in here? Hope it was me!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold, I think Stupe is among us here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Will if he is he won't last long. Who do you suspect? You can email me with that thought. I put my Email on your comment wall on espn.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm sure he's talking about 234, he isn't a troll, I've been talking to him on the cbs board for 3 years. He sees things differently and he doesn't back down from his opinion, but he's not a troll.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he suspects 234 or any of the cbs guys, because you guys can vouch for each other. Same for the regulars espn guys. It's got to be a unknown poster that no one knows, don't you think?

Still you want to be carefull about pointing a finger. Don't want to drive away posters who may turn out to be good posters.

Then on the other hand, there isn't much doubt that the trolls will try to come aboard! It's what they do.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he suspects 234 or any of the cbs guys, because you guys can vouch for each other. Same for the regulars espn guys. It's got to be a unknown poster that no one knows, don't you think?

Still you want to be carefull about pointing a finger. Don't want to drive away posters who may turn out to be good posters.

Then on the other hand, there isn't much doubt that the trolls will try to come aboard! It's what they do.

IDK, but I did get to read their pissing match on the draft thread and he did accuse 234 of being a troll and made comments about how he knew who he was. It just sometimes appears that people are scared of their own shadow here and they are very quick to dismiss other opinions as just being a troll. cbs was nice, because even though we had to deal with trolls it wasn't too bad. I understand that ESPN was overrun (it's why I never got into the boards there), but people seem to see trolls everywhere. Hopefully, as time goes on, people can relax a little.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK, but I did get to read their pissing match on the draft thread and he did accuse 234 of being a troll and made comments about how he knew who he was. It just sometimes appears that people are scared of their own shadow here and they are very quick to dismiss other opinions as just being a troll. cbs was nice, because even though we had to deal with trolls it wasn't too bad. I understand that ESPN was overrun (it's why I never got into the boards there), but people seem to see trolls everywhere. Hopefully, as time goes on, people can relax a little.

Hope so. Drafts are heated affairs - I was posting over at a another site today, and there was a lot of dispute over the Panthers picks (a couple were head-scratchers, to be sure). Like I've said in the past, if there's any problems with trolls, you guys contact me or Misko, and the situation will be dealt with. As far as the Superbowl Lol guy goes, he showed up last week and got zapped, pronto.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't think we need worry to much about the trolls yet. The old time trolls aren't going anywhere, they'll stick with espn or just quit posting. The newer, smarter breed of trolls like Super feel cock sure that the Espn posters with come back. He feels sure they can not resist arguing with him . Also he's on his best behavior. Trying not to be to annoying, yet putting forth some interesting counter points.

I worry more about posters that are a gray area. Espn Seahawk board has some posters I call fake fans. Claim to be Seahawks fans, but all they do is post crap about the Seahawks. There was one that claim to be a fan, but he just hated Pete and there was no way, just no way that the Seahawks would win more then7 or 8 games under Pete.
So I made a wager with him, if the the Seahawks win 11 games he would have to delete his account. If the the Seahawks only won 9 or less I would delete my account.
Then there a really old time poster that claims he a Seahawk fan, but as soon as they lose a game they should win...he starts crowing about all the stupid homers that know nothing. He's also a big 49er fan. Yeah, I got no respect for that dude.
Then you got the posters that seem to be seahawks fans , but really want to be trolls . Naim is one these posters, he started bumping threads on the 49er board, so of course a 49er poster started returning the favor. God I hope naim never trys to join this board.

What I hope for is for true NFL fans from both boards to turn this into a great board. Where posters continue to put up interesting posts. I got to say some of my bro's are lacking when it comes to posting interesting topics. I'm going to work hard to help this board be great. Not easy for me, because right now in my line of work. I'm busy as hell.

I want to encourage both ESPN posters and CBS posters to keep working at making this a great board.

Chow!

espnrefugegohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of crazy that a couple of cyper-antisocials basically wrecked two team boards over there. At first I responded to it, then I felt silly about considering responding, and then it got to the point where I realized I was completely wasting my time by clicking on any topic on that board to processing any of the information. I hope everyone leaves that site and the trolls are left with nothing but an empty board.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm sure he's talking about 234, he isn't a troll, I've been talking to him on the cbs board for 3 years. He sees things differently and he doesn't back down from his opinion, but he's not a troll.

It appears I've rubbed quite a few of these ESPN guys the wrong way for some reason lol. Probably a good thing Blade is not too active on the Seahawks boards. Can only imagine what they would think of him...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of crazy that a couple of cyper-antisocials basically wrecked two team boards over there. At first I responded to it, then I felt silly about considering responding, and then it got to the point where I realized I was completely wasting my time by clicking on any topic on that board to processing any of the information. I hope everyone leaves that site and the trolls are left with nothing but an empty board.

I had never been on ESPN's boards before and the worst we got from trolls were delusional Redskins fans, angry Packers fans and 49ers fans. But that just made for good smack-talk IMO. I can't speak for you guys over at ESPN but the closest thing to trolls we had at CBS was mostly just smack talk which I am completely fine with and actually hope continues here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, a little smack talk is a good thing. I think it should be contained for week leading up to a game and the week after. Then it should stop.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, a little smack talk is a good thing. I think it should be contained for week leading up to a game and the week after. Then it should stop.

That sounds fair.

But from what I had seen in the comments section on most of Mike Sando's articles it always seemed like it was one big flame war between 49ers and Seahawks fans. If it was like that on the ESPN forums I can understand why you would move. It's fun around game time but the entire year would just get irritating.

Not to mention most of that flaming was not even really football related.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want this to work, but it is boring right now.
I check and there are not many NEW responses.
I like the lack of trolls, but more posts are needed.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then take the bull by the horn (pun intended) and start posting something to talk about!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoldenSpur I just want to let you know, I think you've been a great mod!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong as I have had plenty of experience at it.
bj confirmed that he has been posting with 234 on the CBS boards for quite some time. I was waitng for someone to vouch for 234 and that is why I posted my concern thinking 234 may be a troll without mentioning him by name.
I did not call 234 a troll. I said his response was trollish and reminded me why I left the ESPN boards.
SF trolls lived on our board posting over 1000 posts every month. Looking at 234's post count as the highest I saw for Seahawk fans that arrived in April, the fact he arrived in April as we were evacuating that board, and the context of our spar had me want to put 234 on troll watch.
I appologize to 234 for any confusion as your reputation remains intact. Hopefully we can agree to disagree with eachother without pissing eachother off.

Go Seahawks!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had never been on ESPN's boards before and the worst we got from trolls were delusional Redskins fans, angry Packers fans and 49ers fans. But that just made for good smack-talk IMO. I can't speak for you guys over at ESPN but the closest thing to trolls we had at CBS was mostly just smack talk which I am completely fine with and actually hope continues here.

From where I sit, I think that us from ESPN are very wary of people making proclaimations, severe immediate over reactions or sounding like a know-it-all. There was a guy named briwas who was the know-it-all type and another guy who over reacted to everything. I think uhsplit took your opinion that Michaels was a 3rd stringer and was a waste of 2nd round pick as a bit of a proclaimation and an over reaction. I haven't read through the whole thing but if you give reasons why you think he can't challenge Turbin, then I think people will listen.

My opinon on Turbin, and it was the knock on him coming out last year, is his legs look scrawny and don't seem to have much push. He is fine as a change of pace guy, but he is not going to be an every down back until he gets his base a little stronger. He may lose a little quickness in the process, but that is how I see it. I think Christine is a little more in the mold of Lynch, although he needs quite a bit of seasoning. The highlights I saw, he did not shed tacklers as well as I hoped, but then again we are used to seeing Beast mode.

We will hear more from PC and JS in the coming months, but I have a feeling they knew they could get some DTs and O-line later and had the luxury of picking possibly the kid with the most potential. I am not worried about the broken leg, or the lack of yards for Christine last season. As someone else said, a new regime came in and wanted to go in a different direction.