• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to the Penguins - Ray Shero is GOD (GOD just got fired) Upd: Now rehired

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that awaz. I hope Iggy, Sid, Malkin, Letang are all out before the playoffs.

Just waiting for round 2. The league has kissed the Pens ass for years. Ulf was allowed to destroy Neely's career and Cooke Savard's without any repercussions so I wait for the day when another hit like this happens.

Well Ken Linseman, one of the dirtiest players evaaaahhhh, played for the Bruins. Therefore I'm just gonna hope that Patrice Bergeron, one of the classiest players in the league, severs a limb in while riding Tuukka Rask's tattered corpse down an erupting Volcano.

Only for the playoffs though. Pffft. I'm not like petty or anything.

/Amidoingitright?

I don't see any mention of a severed limb or tattered corpse there. LOL at saying that and calling someone else petty. Need a tissue?

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now hold on there. I will admit to a large influx of "new fans" after Crosby and Malkin came to town, but a lot of the hockey fans in Pittsburgh at the time may have simply been too disgusted by the "hockey" being played by teams led in scoring by the likes of Dick Tarnstrom and led by "star" players like Rico Fata.

Rico Fata... :tsk:

(And in case you were concerned, I'm not actually mad. I just wanted an excuse to make fun of Rico Fata again.

...as if I need one.)

:plotting:

Fair enough. We have had some pretty bad hockey here in Oil country the last seven years or so but we still showed up to games. Just saying is all

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any mention of a severed limb or tattered corpse there. LOL at saying that and calling someone else petty. Need a tissue?

Satire | Define Satire at Dictionary.com

02.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot feel good for a franchise whose fans had all but abandoned them before Crosby and Malkin showed up
This issue has been rehashed ad-nauseum back at the old ESPN boards (the swamp) from where most of us Hoopsters are refugees. I realize that you are relatively new here so I'd understand if you probably aren't privvy to all the circumstances surrounding the early 2000s Pens situation in Pittsburgh. See below.

Now hold on there. I will admit to a large influx of "new fans" after Crosby and Malkin came to town, but a lot of the hockey fans in Pittsburgh at the time may have simply been too disgusted by the "hockey" being played by teams led in scoring by the likes of Dick Tarnstrom and led by "star" players like Rico Fata.

Rico Fata... :tsk:

(And in case you were concerned, I'm not actually mad. I just wanted an excuse to make fun of Rico Fata again.
All jokes aside, the "abandonment" in 2004 was about more than just the team that was being displayed on the ice. It was a perfect storm of rebounding out of bankruptcy (thanks Howard Baldwin), fire-sales, a stifling arena lease (thanks again Howard Baldwin) and the more than tacit writing on the wall that the team would be leaving Pittsburgh. Most fans felt that the team and political leaders abandoned them long before the abandonment from the fans showed in the stands.

And I'm not mad either, I just like dealing in facts.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. We have had some pretty bad hockey here in Oil country the last seven years or so but we still showed up to games. Just saying is all

You have to understand zero, hockey is the number 1 sport in Canada, not here though. Hockey is behind baseball, footbal, basketball, and probably NASCAR here in the states in terms of popularity. Pitt has the Steelers and they're number 1. for all the hate of Bettman you have to give him a little credit for trying to make hockey popular in southern states where ice skating is only done in rinks. Not too many players coming out of Alabama, Mississippi and such.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This issue has been rehashed ad-nauseum back at the old ESPN boards (the swamp) from where most of us Hoopsters are refugees from. I realize that you are relatively new here so I'd understand if you probably aren't privvy to all the circumstances surrounding the early 2000s Pens situation in Pittsburgh. See below.

All jokes aside, the "abandonment" in 2004 was about more than just the team that was being displayed on the ice. It was a perfect storm of rebounding out of bankruptcy (thanks Howard Baldwin), fire-sales, a stifling arena lease (thanks again Howard Baldwin) and the more than tacit writing on the wall that the team would be leaving Pittsburgh. Most fans felt that the team and political leaders abandoned them long before the abandonment from the fans showed in the stands.

And I'm not mad either, I just like dealing in facts.

So you don't think the league gift wrapped Crosby to Pittsburgh to save the franchise?

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think the league gift wrapped Crosby to Pittsburgh to save the franchise?
I never said anything about that. I was only providing more details on the fans' abandonment of the team prior to Crosby arriving...contrary to what others have suggested, it was MUCH more than just poor hockey that kept them away. What really saved the franchise was the team staying in Pittsburgh with a new arena deal.

Now that you bring it up, I will still not say anything about the Crosby lottery. As I said, I deal in facts. Anything else would be speculation at best, tinfoil-ry at worst.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to understand zero, hockey is the number 1 sport in Canada, not here though. Hockey is behind baseball, footbal, basketball, and probably NASCAR here in the states in terms of popularity. Pitt has the Steelers and they're number 1. for all the hate of Bettman you have to give him a little credit for trying to make hockey popular in southern states where ice skating is only done in rinks. Not too many players coming out of Alabama, Mississippi and such.

Yes this is very true. a very poor comparison in hind sight given the Oilers are all we have not counting the Esks. Guess I am just tired of seeing other less passionate markets succeed where we keep failing(not saying Pittsburgh)

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Iginla (not really I've got nothing but respect for him)
Fuck Ray Shero
Fuck The Pens

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Ken Linseman, one of the dirtiest players evaaaahhhh, played for the Bruins. Therefore I'm just gonna hope that Patrice Bergeron, one of the classiest players in the league, severs a limb in while riding Tuukka Rask's tattered corpse down an erupting Volcano.

Only for the playoffs though. Pffft. I'm not like petty or anything.

/Amidoingitright?

:lame:

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I as a Bruin fan would love to see the Bruins and Pens in the playoofs and watch that wusss bag Sid and his new buddy Iggy hug each other after they are eliminated and the "super team" is for not.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya he is awesome alright. He offers a couple college players for Iggy and the retard in charge says ok cause Iggy wants to play with Sid..

Ya he is a god. :lame:

lol @ bitter-boy

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWWWW, maybe the big bad Bruins can get Ryan Whitney and the 2 morons on NESN can jack each other off while they convince the homers he is the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque combined... LOL

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is getting kind of sad.

Like "injury-at-the-special-olympics" sad.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ bitter-boy

How is what I said bitter?

You proclaim your GM is god cause he offered up a couple college players and he WON the deal. I just pointed out that your GM had NOTHING to do with this deal.

lmfao

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AWWWW, maybe the big bad Bruins can get Ryan Whitney and the 2 morons on NESN can jack each other off while they convince the homers he is the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque combined... LOL

Newsflash: The Bruins dont need anything really. Come playoff time they will be a very difficult team to win a 7 game series against. I am not worries n the least.