• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GNT | Caps @ Pens | Battle in the Burgh | 2.7.13

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck.

I was in Ballston today right across from the Kettler Iceplex where the new grad research center is. I saw the banners and just shook my head.

I also don't know why I ever go back to the Green Turtle. The food always disappoints me.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember like 3-4 years ago when it looked like these teams would be battling in great playoff series for years to come. Oh how things have changed. So sad.

Man, we Caps' fans always get fucked.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were hungry and didn't want to cross the street, lol. We should have gone elsewhere. We didn't have the sound up. Why did they pull Neuvy for the swinging gate after 2 goals. Curious move...

I don't know. I thought it was weird. Leave Holtby in for 6, but change Neuvy for giving up 2 on the PP in a tight game?

I'm not saying Oates is the wrong fit or that this is his fault... but he's done ZERO to impress me so far.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember like 3-4 years ago when it looked like these teams would be battling in great playoff series for years to come. Oh how things have changed. So sad.

Man, we Caps' fans always get fucked.

I still think this year is kind of a wash and we may be OK long term, but I am concerned that I am being overly optimistic.

Remember when you guys thought I was overly pessimistic like a month ago :(

I wan that back.

OK, my gf is in town from Pittsburgh. Back to her, fellas, no offense. have a great weekend, terrible team and all.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are SO many guys on this team playing beneath their potential - Alzner, Backstrom, and Ovechkin are the biggest. But also Green, both goalies, and MoJo.

Also, sorry, but Wolski is NOT even close to a top 2 line player. We've gone from one of the most offensively deep teams in the league to thin on offensive depth in just a few years.

Ribeiro has been great. I don't understand anyone else they've brought in. We are slow.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are SO many guys on this team playing beneath their potential - Alzner, Backstrom, and Ovechkin are the biggest. But also Green, both goalies, and MoJo.

Also, sorry, but Wolski is NOT even close to a top 2 line player. We've gone from one of the most offensively deep teams in the league to thin on offensive depth in just a few years.

Ribeiro has been great. I don't understand anyone else they've brought in. We are slow.

You missed Carlson instead of Alzner in the biggest. Alzner is more with Greenie and the Goalies.

I like Wolski, but, again, not as a top 6 forward.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed Carlson instead of Alzner in the biggest. Alzner is more with Greenie and the Goalies.

I like Wolski, but, again, not as a top 6 forward.

Yeah, I have no problem with him. But right, he is in the top 6 while a guy like Perreault is stratched? Makes no sense to me.

I'd put Carlson and Alzner both together in that first group. The main issues are OV, Backstrom, and Green. They are the engine, and they look like spectators out there. Backstrom has looked baffled out there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have no problem with him. But right, he is in the top 6 while a guy like Perreault is stratched? Makes no sense to me.

I'd put Carlson and Alzner both together in that first group. The main issues are OV, Backstrom, and Green. They are the engine, and they look like spectators out there. Backstrom has looked baffled out there.

OV was stationary a few times. That's not him. When he was the best goal scorer in the league, he was all over the place.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OV was stationary a few times. That's not him. When he was the best player in the league, he was all over the place.

Yeah, he also didn't just lose the puck off his stuck while entering the offensive zone. The number of little mistakes he makes are just ridiculous and weird. I almost wonder if there is something wrong with him.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...what the heck is wrong with the Caps?

Missed all but the last five of the game (curse you job for keeping me an hour and a half late...CURSES), but...uhh...seems like it was good? Eh?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally caught the highlights (stupid Chrome is crashing all over after it forced me to update it). ...it was 2-1 with 3:20 left in the 2nd? Holy jeez.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really...what the heck is wrong with the Caps?

Missed all but the last five of the game (curse you job for keeping me an hour and a half late...CURSES), but...uhh...seems like it was good? Eh?

It was great, considering four of our six defensemen were Bortuzzo, Engelland, Despres and Reese.

I had concerns about how well they would contain the Caps offense, but they ended up playing pretty well.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quotes from Ovechkin after the game

What was the reason everything went wrong?
"Second period."
What did you see wrong in that second?
"No play. Didn't play."
Troy [Brouwer] said you guys weren't prepared to play tonight. Do you agree?
"I agree."
Karl [Alzner] said he feels like this team's not playing with enough emotion.
"Yeah, no emotions, nothing. Like you can see how we play third period."
Alex, what has to change?
"Bring the emotion right away. We can play like that, we can start play like, we get a lead and, you know, we stop playing. Second period, stupid penalties. I don't know."
How angry are you that you didn't start the game?...
"Angry enough."

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great, considering four of our six defensemen were Bortuzzo, Engelland, Despres and Reese.

I had concerns about how well they would contain the Caps offense, but they ended up playing pretty well.

Very true, that is a questionable defensive core, but the Caps offense has been fading for a while. They were 1st in Goals per Game in 2009-2010, 19th in 2010-2011, 14th in 2011-2012, and now 23rd this year.