• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy and the troops

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showing some love for the Canadian men and women serving our country in Afghanistan (and Gord Miller develops a serious man-crush for Jarome).

The entourage arrived at 10:00 a.m. Kandahar time and stepped off the plane into 38 C temperatures. At that point Iginla became the first active National Hockey League player to pay a visit to troops in the field. The first stop was the outdoor ball hockey rink. It was here that [TSN’s Gord] Miller realized what he had known for a long time—the Flames captain is a special human being.

“He stood on that concrete floor for two hours talking and signing autographs and having his picture taken. Then he played ball hockey for 15 minutes in that heat,” said Miller.

The group attended various functions including a tour of the Task Force Kandahar Headquarters, a commemorative wreath laying and a social barbecue with troops. At the later, many of the troops who had taken photos earlier in the day had printed them for Iginla to sign.

“I know people in Calgary know what kind of person Jarome is. But he was incredible. It underlies the character of the guy,” said Miller. “I can honestly say I have never seen anyone that patient, that kind, with everyone. He asked some great questions. He was unbelievable. He had time for everyone. He just made everyone feel good.”

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always nice to hear the good things dash. Kudo's to him and love him or hate him Grapes is the same way.

We always hear the bad shit these guy's do and the good stuff always seems to go unnoticed. Just look at the replies to this post and it show's.

People like dirt but don't want to give credit when it's warranted. It's easier to criticize than to complement.

Last edited by a moderator: