• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I took the Patriots fans word for who that was in the play they were referencing and time stamped to their video. But as pointed out in the later post when you were saying that DeVonta did this against a backup I pointed out that the play in question was with starter JC Jackson.
Got yah. Sorry. Didnt realize we were talking about two plays. Whats the word on your backfield? Rbbc?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got yah. Sorry. Didnt realize we were talking about two plays. Whats the word on your backfield? Rbbc?

We are only talking about one play.

Probably rbbc until Sanders can learn how to catch the football again.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We already see that he can beat it though. In every instance the Patriots' CBs were standing a foot away from him and none could ever get their hands on him once that ball snapped.

It's a handful of plays, but more importantly just because the CB is up on the LOS it doesn't mean he is trying to jam him. Watch some of those plays. The CB is moving backwards on the snap on a few. It's not like they are chucking and missing.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a handful of plays, but more importantly just because the CB is up on the LOS it doesn't mean he is trying to jam him. Watch some of those plays. The CB is moving backwards on the snap on a few. It's not like they are chucking and missing.

They try to press him at both 49 seconds and 1:04

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They try to press him at both 49 seconds and 1:04
So two plays (less than the number of drops he had) where he was able to get off press coverage and that is the best thing he did and that is in a highlight video? Every receiver beats press coverage and many of them beat it almost every time but that doesn't make them good players.

I like Smith and think he is going to be really good if he has a QB that can hit him in stride, but this line of promotion you resorted to is embarrassing. Take your loss and the fact that he had a shit game in game one and move on to the next one

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So two plays (less than the number of drops he had) where he was able to get off press coverage and that is the best thing he did and that is in a highlight video? Every receiver beats press coverage and many of them beat it almost every time but that doesn't make them good players.

I like Smith and think he is going to be really good if he has a QB that can hit him in stride, but this line of promotion you resorted to is embarrassing. Take your loss and the fact that he had a shit game in game one and move on to the next one

So yes he beat press every time they attempted to press him. So we have already seen him beat it in every instance, so you were wrong.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, click and watch and see DeVonta Smith immediately shake him and get open, immediately. If Joe Flacco wasn't such ass that is a quick pass to a breaking wide open DeVonta Smith who can then catch the ball and cut up the field for a very easy first down.

Instead, DeVonta immediately shakes Williams, gets open and then has to run across the field before Flacco finally throws it to him and throws it to him short so he has to come back towards the ball on a 3rd and 9 which at that point Williams has caught up because Flacco has been so slow this play to get the ball to Smith.

pre-snap

Already shook Williams on his heals.

Breaking wide open with yards of separation. Any QB worth a damn has the ball already out coming to Smith at this point. But, not Flacco.

Now we have run all the way to the hash marks on the other side of the field where Flacco finally throws the ball late and throws it where DeVonta has to come back towards the line of scrimmage to get it. At which point Williams has had ample time to recover from getting his ankles broke at the start of the route.
None of those DB's are Williams.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but you are the one who initially said it was.
I made an effort to sort the video but it did not work. I saw the game and I saw the video on Williams the day after.
He stuck with Smith very well and was recognized for it.

WINNER: CB Joejuan Williams

Williams drew rookie wide receiver, and Heisman winner, Devonta Smith in this game, and he held his own. Smith is extremely athletic and has big playmaking potential. Williams did a solid job staying with him most of the time he was on the field, allowing him to only catch one ball for nine yards. Williams needs to take advantage of every opportunity he can get, so this performance is great for him as the potential third cornerback.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made an effort to sort the video but it did not work. I saw the game and I saw the video on Williams the day after.
He stuck with Smith very well and was recognized for it.

WINNER: CB Joejuan Williams

Williams drew rookie wide receiver, and Heisman winner, Devonta Smith in this game, and he held his own. Smith is extremely athletic and has big playmaking potential. Williams did a solid job staying with him most of the time he was on the field, allowing him to only catch one ball for nine yards. Williams needs to take advantage of every opportunity he can get, so this performance is great for him as the potential third cornerback.

What plays exactly in that video did he stick with Smith very well? Because I see no evidence of that.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What plays in that video show DeVonta as the potential BEST WR in the NFL. I see no evidence of that.

You're blind if you can't recognize elite route running.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What plays exactly in that video did he stick with Smith very well? Because I see no evidence of that.
The video is yours from earlier post.
I'm not suprised that you did not see it.
I did, others did.
Is it really hard to admit that a rookie WR had a shitty game in his very first game?
Many a rookie has had a 2 for 5 game in his 1st game. Smith understands!

"I know what I did wrong," Smith said bluntly of his early miscues. "I gotta focus on catching the ball. I mean, that's all it is. Just taking my eyes away too early. I mean, there's nothing else to it. Those are plays I've gotta make."

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The video is yours from earlier post.
I'm not suprised that you did not see it.
I did, others did.
Is it really hard to admit that a rookie WR had a shitty game in his very first game?
Many a rookie has had a 2 for 5 game in his 1st game. Smith understands!

"I know what I did wrong," Smith said bluntly of his early miscues. "I gotta focus on catching the ball. I mean, that's all it is. Just taking my eyes away too early. I mean, there's nothing else to it. Those are plays I've gotta make."

I know the video is mine. This why I am asking you where in the video was Smith covered well? For some reason you seem completely incapable of pointing out where this occurred.

And yeah Smith understands, he dropped the ball. That was on him, but he was getting open every play. No one in the Patriots were able to cover him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yes he beat press every time they attempted to press him. So we have already seen him beat it in every instance, so you were wrong.
Out of curiosity, Which statement in particular was wrong?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, Which statement in particular was wrong?

Where you said we have to see if he can beat press coverage and we haven't seen that yet.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you call a WR that can't catch?

An Eagle...