• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where you said we have to see if he can beat press coverage and we haven't seen that yet.
1 - I don't recall writing that
2 - Beating it twice when he probably played 20 snaps or more proves nothing. You need to beat it 90% of the time against starting CBs

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - I don't recall writing that
2 - Beating it twice when he probably played 20 snaps or more proves nothing. You need to beat it 90% of the time against starting CBs

You said this yesterday.

You keep bringing up Dallas for some reason. What does this thread have to do with Dallas? Or is that deflection form his poor play? :noidea:

The way you stop quick, weak, small WRs is you press them because it slows them down and it is usually easy to get your hands on any WR if you are standing a yard away. Let's see if he can beat it. until he does he'll get a lot of it. You need another WR to step up or Ertz to be good again so you can put two good TEs in patterns or there will be a safety shading Smith's way over the top and press coverage at the line. This is how a crappy Dallas D shut down DJax for a couple of years because no one else scared anyone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said this yesterday.
Where does that say that I said he CAN'T beat press coverage?

"Let's see if he can beat it. until he does he'll get a lot of it. "

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does that say that I said he CAN'T beat press coverage?

"Let's see if he can beat it. until he does he'll get a lot of it. "

And we saw him beat it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles offense is going to be fun to watch this season as long as the offensive line can hold up health wise this year. The defense won't be able to stop anyone though with more than one above average WR which is likely most teams in the league. Doesn't really matter though, rebuilding year with the team loaded with draft picks in 2022 and some cap space to actually sign some players.
I'm enjoying it!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we saw him beat it.
No, we saw him get past a backup CB a couple of times that wasn't really even showing a lot of effort to jam him. The slowest WR in the league "beats" press coverage against the best press corners in the league more often than not. He hasn't shown us anything yet.

You get that you are pointing to two plays? It would be like me saying he will never catch a pass in the NFL because the 3 dropped passes have proven he can't catch

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we saw him get past a backup CB a couple of times that wasn't really even showing a lot of effort to jam him. The slowest WR in the league "beats" press coverage against the best press corners in the league more often than not. He hasn't shown us anything yet.

You get that you are pointing to two plays? It would be like me saying he will never catch a pass in the NFL because the 3 dropped passes have proven he can't catch

Except we know he can catch. He had a 2% drop rate coming out of college.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except we know he can catch. He had a 2% drop rate coming out of college.
We don't know any such thing. There are many excellant college players that can't cut it in PROS.
You and I predict he will be a good NFL receiver.
You alone think he is already going to be as good as Jerry Rice. That is ludicrous.
His record in NFL games? 0-0

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't know any such thing. There are many excellant college players that can't cut it in PROS.
You and I predict he will be a good NFL receiver.
You alone think he is already going to be as good as Jerry Rice. That is ludicrous.
His record in NFL games? 0-0

Are you still rambling incoherently?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So getting seperation against a 2nd string CB in a pre-season games is a clear sign of an impending HOF career.........but dropping a bunch passes at the same time means nothing at all?!?

homer simpson lol GIF

This is the thread that just keeps on giving!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone besides you believes that the Eagles have one of the worst, if not the single worst WR corp in the NFL. It isn't even debatable that it is the single most unproven.

Your top two WR's consist of a guy with a career 31 catches for 396 yards and a rookie who has never taken a regular season snap. Therefore, your top two WR's have a career 31 catches for 396 yards and 1 TD.

Your probable #3 Travis Fulgham has 536 career yards. JJ Artcega Whiteside has 30 career targets for 14 catches 256 yards. Greg Ward has a career 81 catches for 673 yards.

So, let's see here... from an NFL performance standpoint. Leading the way is Greg Ward, probably your 5th WR with a career 673 yards. Fulgham (again - not even a starter) tops the list in terms of single season performances, with a JAW DROPPING 536 yards.

Collectively, heading into 2020, the Eagles WR corp has a grand total of 1,861 receiving yards over the course of 6 collective seasons. Averaging out to an EYE POPPING 310.6 yards per season (also a little over 2 TD's per year).

Do you feel that tremble non Eagles fans? That isn't an Earthquake. That's the sound of the rest of the NFL SHAKING AT THE KNEES over fear of the Eagles WR corp!!!

LMAO :pound::pound::pound:
PFF has the Eagles at 30

30. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

That is with @RememberTheKoy 's Smith on the team. Who is shocking the world with a 2 fo5 preseason

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wouldn't he hold up? He has been a high volume WR in the SEC playing against eventual NFL corners for years. Taking hits for years. What is this nonsensical belief that his size is going to determine if he gets injured or not? Since when is size an indicator of does and who doesn't get injured?

He is getting killed out there!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is getting killed out there!

he is trying to run harder. Finding out that in the NFL everyone he plays with are blue chip college players. Not just some guy out of high school.
there is no more gliding through defenses anymore.
him just working harder is injuring him. Imagine when the defense actually gets a hold of him? :hmm:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is trying to run harder. Finding out that in the NFL everyone he plays with are blue chip college players. Not just some guy out of high school.
there is no more gliding through defenses anymore.
him just working harder is injuring him. Imagine when the defense actually gets a hold of him? :hmm:
tenor (2).gif

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Smith may be severely out weighed in the NFL. The pro game is much faster than the college game, and only guys like Tyreek can literally outrun NFL defenders. John Ross set the combine record and what happened? Injured.
Feb. 22, 2021

giphy.gif

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think DeVonta Smith is a speed WR who relies on his speed to get open?

clueless

Clearly he relies on his elite size and strength.

Really though, you suck at reading. My correct prediction post was about his size. Too thin for the grown man's game, and the only way to succeed if you are is to be faster than everyone else.

You admitting speed isn't his game is just proving my point.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly he relies on his elite size and strength.

Really though, you suck at reading. My correct prediction post was about his size. Too thin for the grown man's game, and the only way to succeed if you are is to be faster than everyone else.

You admitting speed isn't his game is just proving my point.

He relies on his elite route running, excellent hands and great wingspan.