• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WINNER: CB Joejuan Williams

Williams drew rookie wide receiver, and Heisman winner, Devonta Smith in this game, and he held his own. Smith is extremely athletic and has big playmaking potential. Williams did a solid job staying with him most of the time he was on the field, allowing him to only catch one ball for nine yards. Williams needs to take advantage of every opportunity he can get, so this performance is great for him as the potential third cornerback.

But we have the video evidence here. Can you show me the routes where he didn't get beat?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be able to get your hands on him first. The Patriots CBs were not able to. But hey, Dallas has a terrible defense so maybe they will be able to?
You keep bringing up Dallas for some reason. What does this thread have to do with Dallas? Or is that deflection form his poor play? :noidea:

The way you stop quick, weak, small WRs is you press them because it slows them down and it is usually easy to get your hands on any WR if you are standing a yard away. Let's see if he can beat it. until he does he'll get a lot of it. You need another WR to step up or Ertz to be good again so you can put two good TEs in patterns or there will be a safety shading Smith's way over the top and press coverage at the line. This is how a crappy Dallas D shut down DJax for a couple of years because no one else scared anyone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we have the video evidence here. Can you show me the routes where he didn't get beat?
How many snaps did he play and how many routes are on your video? The rest...

a 3rd CB got the "win" against your legend??? :pound::pound::pound:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DONT CLICK TO START VIDEO!

Look at top left and you will see Joejuan Williams all over Devnta Smith!

NOW CLICK AND WATCH!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep bringing up Dallas for some reason. What does this thread have to do with Dallas? Or is that deflection form his poor play? :noidea:

The way you stop quick, weak, small WRs is you press them because it slows them down and it is usually easy to get your hands on any WR if you are standing a yard away. Let's see if he can beat it. until he does he'll get a lot of it. You need another WR to step up or Ertz to be good again so you can put two good TEs in patterns or there will be a safety shading Smith's way over the top and press coverage at the line. This is how a crappy Dallas D shut down DJax for a couple of years because no one else scared anyone

We already see that he can beat it though. In every instance the Patriots' CBs were standing a foot away from him and none could ever get their hands on him once that ball snapped.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NOW CLICK AND WATCH!

Yes, click and watch and see DeVonta Smith immediately shake him and get open, immediately. If Joe Flacco wasn't such ass that is a quick pass to a breaking wide open DeVonta Smith who can then catch the ball and cut up the field for a very easy first down.

Instead, DeVonta immediately shakes Williams, gets open and then has to run across the field before Flacco finally throws it to him and throws it to him short so he has to come back towards the ball on a 3rd and 9 which at that point Williams has caught up because Flacco has been so slow this play to get the ball to Smith.

pre-snap
XFKtKLo.png

Already shook Williams on his heals.
Mixq5Ej.png

Breaking wide open with yards of separation. Any QB worth a damn has the ball already out coming to Smith at this point. But, not Flacco.

06zKD6a.png

Now we have run all the way to the hash marks on the other side of the field where Flacco finally throws the ball late and throws it where DeVonta has to come back towards the line of scrimmage to get it. At which point Williams has had ample time to recover from getting his ankles broke at the start of the route.

vuH5oCp.png

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This play above was against the Patriots starting CB.
Williams. Hes not their starting cb, he was in the pre season game, like iI said he is a back up.

unless of course i missed something on gilmore and jackson. Is he even their next man up?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams. Hes not their starting cb, he was in the pre season game, like iI said he is a back up.

unless of course i missed something on gilmore and jackson. Is he even their next man up?
Per ourlads he's 4th on the depth at RCB per ESPN he's 3rd. So unless things go real sour in NE he ain't playing much on D.

Now if we can just get RTK to understand this.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#27 JC Jackson is their starting CB. That is who DeVonta shook back onto his heels as DeVonte got instant separation to get instantly open in that play outlined above.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then why do you reference williams?

What are you talking about? I never did. The Patriots fan did not even knowing his own team because he calls what is obviously 27 JC Jackson, Joejuan Williams instead.

NOW CLICK AND WATCH!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? I never did. The Patriots fan did not even knowing his own team because he calls what is obviously 27 JC Jackson, Joejuan Williams instead.
Literally the post before the one i made, breaks down a play with williams?
Yes, click and watch and see DeVonta Smith immediately shake him and get open, immediately. If Joe Flacco wasn't such ass that is a quick pass to a breaking wide open DeVonta Smith who can then catch the ball and cut up the field for a very easy first down.

Instead, DeVonta immediately shakes Williams, gets open and then has to run across the field before Flacco finally throws it to him and throws it to him short so he has to come back towards the ball on a 3rd and 9 which at that point Williams has caught up because Flacco has been so slow this play to get the ball to Smith.

pre-snap
XFKtKLo.png

Already shook Williams on his heals.
Mixq5Ej.png

Breaking wide open with yards of separation. Any QB worth a damn has the ball already out coming to Smith at this point. But, not Flacco.

06zKD6a.png

Now we have run all the way to the hash marks on the other side of the field where Flacco finally throws the ball late and throws it where DeVonta has to come back towards the line of scrimmage to get it. At which point Williams has had ample time to recover from getting his ankles broke at the start of the route.

vuH5oCp.png

Nothing like 1 play….
What are you talking about?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally the post before the one i made, breaks down a play with williams?

What are you talking about?

Obviously I took the Patriots fans word for who that was in the play they were referencing and time stamped to their video. But as pointed out in the later post when you were saying that DeVonta did this against a backup I pointed out that the play in question was with starter JC Jackson.