• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we are being honest about it, DeVonta Smith is going to establish himself as the best WR in the league within the next 3 years.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really have no idea about Hurts. Saw some good things and some meh stuff but that was a small sample size. He has 17 games to see if he has the "it" factor.
I think you can win games with him but I'm worried that he runs a lot and defenders are going to push Smith around like a ragdoll.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really have no idea about Hurts. Saw some good things and some meh stuff but that was a small sample size. He has 17 games to see if he has the "it" factor.

I think you can win games with him but I'm worried that he runs a lot and defenders are going to push Smith around like a ragdoll.
Teams have NFL Film on him, they will adjust how they play him in 2021, how he adjusts in "22" will be telling.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that the Cowboys drafted the CB that shut down Smith in college

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that the Cowboys drafted the CB that shut down Smith in college
but Joseph has about 9 total college starts and will flash some but he's also going to lean a boat loads of lessons while Pep Squad say's Smith will be the best receiver in the division this year. Now Cee Dee has had a huge camp with highlight catches pretty much each day and I'm not ready to say he's the best in the division this year even if I think it's likely.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone besides you believes that the Eagles have one of the worst, if not the single worst WR corp in the NFL. It isn't even debatable that it is the single most unproven.

Your top two WR's consist of a guy with a career 31 catches for 396 yards and a rookie who has never taken a regular season snap. Therefore, your top two WR's have a career 31 catches for 396 yards and 1 TD.

Your probable #3 Travis Fulgham has 536 career yards. JJ Artcega Whiteside has 30 career targets for 14 catches 256 yards. Greg Ward has a career 81 catches for 673 yards.

So, let's see here... from an NFL performance standpoint. Leading the way is Greg Ward, probably your 5th WR with a career 673 yards. Fulgham (again - not even a starter) tops the list in terms of single season performances, with a JAW DROPPING 536 yards.

Collectively, heading into 2020, the Eagles WR corp has a grand total of 1,861 receiving yards over the course of 6 collective seasons. Averaging out to an EYE POPPING 310.6 yards per season (also a little over 2 TD's per year).

Do you feel that tremble non Eagles fans? That isn't an Earthquake. That's the sound of the rest of the NFL SHAKING AT THE KNEES over fear of the Eagles WR corp!!!

LMAO :pound::pound::pound:

LOL, this will be a fun post to bump.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They gotta get their hands on him in order to push him around.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your first string QB is pretty crappy too.

All reports out of the joint practices was that he was clearly the best QB of either team.

Oh boy, what does that say about the Patriots QBs then?

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All reports out of the joint practices was that he was clearly the best QB of either team.

Oh boy, what does that say about the Patriots QBs then?
Reports by who, his mother?

Get a grip, Hurts sucks and will continue to suck. He couldn't read a defense if it was written in crayon, his O-line blows and his WR's are probably the lousiest collection of "talent" in the NFL.

Congrats on winning last Tuesday's practice though.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports by who, his mother?

Get a grip, Hurts sucks and will continue to suck. He couldn't read a defense if it was written in crayon, his O-line blows and his WR's are probably the lousiest collection of "talent" in the NFL.

Congrats on winning last Tuesday's practice though.

I've read from various reports covering those practices that Hurts was by far the best QB of either team.

If you can find any reports that state differently I'd love to see them but I know they don't exist, so.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read from various reports covering those practices that Hurts was by far the best QB of either team.

If you can find any reports that state differently I'd love to see them but I know they don't exist, so.
d-dunk360-com-we-talkin-bout-practice-xers-allen-iverson-practice-50954488.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can outmanuever most everybody. He won't get the chance. There will be a lot of bumping around. Oh the picks plays!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From every Patriots corner trying to cover him. Put them all on skates.

Watch this if you need to see for yourself. That video focuses on his route running from the game. Instant separation on every route.

Honestly, this was one of the weakest posts I've seen. I wasn't sure if that was a highlight video or a video condemning him. You are just trying too hard and seem desperate to twist facts into something they aren't now. Every receiver gets separation at some point during most routes. He knows where he is going and the DB doesn't. I think Smith is going to get his skinny ass jammed at the LOS a lot. Let's see if he can fight through it. If he can he may get some big plays

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, this was one of the weakest posts I've seen. I wasn't sure if that was a highlight video or a video condemning him. You are just trying too hard and seem desperate to twist facts into something they aren't now. Every receiver gets separation at some point during most routes. He knows where he is going and the DB doesn't. I think Smith is going to get his skinny ass jammed at the LOS a lot. Let's see if he can fight through it. If he can he may get some big plays

He's going to get jammed at the line? Every single play in that video shows how CBs aren't able to even get a hand on him at the line and his footwork and route running at the start of the route is too good for a corner to even get a hand on Smith and it allows him to get instant separation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to get jammed at the line? Every single play in that video shows how CBs aren't able to even get a hand on him at the line and his footwork and route running at the start of the route is too good for a corner to even get a hand on Smith and it allows him to get instant separation.
Yes. He is going to get jammed at the line that's what you do to little guys

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
relevant question about DeVonta's size in the NFL is he will be able to avoid the stronger larger corners from bullying him at the LOS and disrupting his routes during coverage. That is the only time when his slight frame might cause issue. But he is so damn good without his routes and his moves to get off the line against press coverage that I'm not sure how much of an issue that will ultimately end up playing at the NFL level.
I think I've seen those moves before?
michael-jackson-gif-15.gif

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. He is going to get jammed at the line that's what you do to little guys
Gotta be able to get your hands on him first. The Patriots CBs were not able to. But hey, Dallas has a terrible defense so maybe they will be able to?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WINNER: CB Joejuan Williams

Williams drew rookie wide receiver, and Heisman winner, Devonta Smith in this game, and he held his own. Smith is extremely athletic and has big playmaking potential. Williams did a solid job staying with him most of the time he was on the field, allowing him to only catch one ball for nine yards. Williams needs to take advantage of every opportunity he can get, so this performance is great for him as the potential third cornerback.