• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Cavs get love.....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true story about LeBron's involvement with front office is that he has always been hands-off. He is more aloof with front office and their decisions than the average superstar.

Anytime a big deal goes down on his team... it gets painted as this picture of LeBron must have wanted/demanded it. Same thing used to happen to Kobe.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The true story about LeBron's involvement with front office is that he has always been hands-off. He is more aloof with front office and their decisions than the average superstar.

Anytime a big deal goes down on his team... it gets painted as this picture of LeBron must have wanted/demanded it. Same thing used to happen to Kobe.

The cavs have clearly been doing what they thing would make LeBron happy. Just about everyone knew Ray allen will sign where LeBron goes. Most everyone else knew LeBron was upset with Mike Miller being amnestied. I think LeBron is too busy building his image back up to be telling the management what to do. Its not you asked for it, you got it and lost, its Lebron able to say he never asked for it.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cavs have clearly been doing what they thing would make LeBron happy. Just about everyone knew Ray allen will sign where LeBron goes. Most everyone else knew LeBron was upset with Mike Miller being amnestied. I think LeBron is too busy building his image back up to be telling the management what to do. Its not you asked for it, you got it and lost, its Lebron able to say he never asked for it.
LeBron's image is intact. He was voted most popular pro athlete in the country.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not in his DNA.
He wants to be on the Globetrotters and play the Washington Generals every night,
which is fine,
but it's also why many of his detractors feel like they do.

Heat fans always knew why all other fan bases wanted him to fail.
All we have done now is switched places with the Cavs fans.
He's still got 29/30 rooting against him.
What gave that away?

Him playing 7yrs for an historical garbage franchise that has no history of signing great FA?

or

Him carrying the Heat these last 3 seasons? Especially this past season while Wade gets to watch from the bench smoking his cigars?

James wanted the Heat to be the globetrotters so bad that he went out of his way to lead Miami in points, rebounds, assists and steals the last 3 postseasons? Now he went to a team that won 33 games last season and all of a sudden if they land Kevin Love they're the globetrotters?

What's funny is that the commercial that Wade did is going to become realistic. He's going to sit up in bed in the middle of the night, sweating, breathing heavy...... while wondering what the hell he's going to do now that it's his team again and the fans are counting on him for 82 games + the postseason.

The crutches have been kicked out from under him and no more cigars from the bench.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know no one thinks any Miami fans are ungrateful. The ungrateful one is Lebron. For the sacrifices that the organization and team did for him....To up and leave after winning 2 titles and reaching the finals 4 times. Asshole.
What sacrifices were those that Miami made for him?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What gave that away?

Him playing 7yrs for an historical garbage franchise that has no history of signing great FA?

or

Him carrying the Heat these last 3 seasons? Especially this past season while Wade gets to watch from the bench smoking his cigars?

James wanted the Heat to be the globetrotters so bad that he went out of his way to lead Miami in points, rebounds, assists and steals the last 3 postseasons? Now he went to a team that won 33 games last season and all of a sudden if they land Kevin Love they're the globetrotters?

What's funny is that the commercial that Wade did is going to become realistic. He's going to sit up in bed in the middle of the night, sweating, breathing heavy...... while wondering what the hell he's going to do now that it's his team again and the fans are counting on him for 82 games + the postseason.

The crutches have been kicked out from under him and no more cigars from the bench.

I know he left because he doesn't trust Wade anymore.

He had plenty of help his first 3 years though.
Have you not noticed that he's trying to take the Heat bench with him?

My post wasn't questioning his choice or motive.
Of course he wants the best, youngest roster possible.
I don't blame him.

Just say so though, vs the bullshit need to be in Ohio image repairing nonsense.

Nobody believes it. Not even the people in Ohio.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm grateful for what Lebron did for the Heat. But it was a mutual relationship. Miami put players around him that could help him win, unlike Cleveland. My problem with Lebron is that he knew he was going back to Cleveland for months. During this time, Miami could've tried to make a realistic play for Lowry or Gortat along with Deng (possibly).

Lebron and his entourage wanted to have the power that they couldn't in Cleveland. You can reference the SI letter all you want for the positive and inspirational tone that it sent. To me, that was just a PR stunt. The reasons he went back to Cleveland aren't exactly heart warming as some would think, and that is power and control.
Link?

Plus....why would LeBron back his wife on opening up a juice bar in Miami if he knew they were going back to Cleveland?

Lowry on his decison:

Lowry and the Raptors officially announced a four-year US$48 million dollar deal Thursday. The deal was reported last week but couldn't be made official until Thursday, when the moratorium on signings was lifted.

"They were real factors. I did my homework. I did my research," the point guard said. "I had a couple meetings with my family and we circled the pros and cons and we took teams away one by one.

"Other teams had some great things and I think they had pieces that were comparable pieces, but I think the situation that I'm in, the age I'm (at), me being able to lead a team, to lead a team and grow as a person, that was a very big factor in it."

Miami couldn't offer the money nor the "my team" term for Lowry that Toronto could.

Washington:

Gortat was looking forward to exploring offers from suitors around the league, but got a surprise visit in Poland from a delegation of Wizards executives and coaches that included head coach Randy Wittman just prior to the start of free agency. Officials weren't yet allowed to discuss re-signing him, but were there to assist with Gortat's basketball camp.

The gesture, though, spoke volumes.

"That was obviously huge. They showed a lot of love," Gortat said. "They showed that I'm a really important part and piece of the team when they came over to Poland and helped me out. And I was definitely excited, so it was just an easy decision for me to pick Washington."

"It's great when people want you," Gortat said. "I didn't have that comfort back in Phoenix, especially in the last year when they traded me. It was kind of obvious that I was going to get traded. Being on a team where they love you and like you...then life is beautiful.

I'm sure that the Wizards offering more money and years than any other team had something to do with it also.

Think it's safe to say that James taking until the 11th to announce what he was doing had no affect on Lowry's and Gortat's decision. Their minds were made up well before then.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he left because he doesn't trust Wade anymore.

He had plenty of help his first 3 years though.
Have you not noticed that he's trying to take the Heat bench with him?

My post wasn't questioning his choice or motive.
Of course he wants the best, youngest roster possible.
I don't blame him.

Just say so though, vs the bullshit need to be in Ohio image repairing nonsense.

Nobody believes it. Not even the people in Ohio.
a 40yr old Ray Allen and a 34yr old James Jones who barely avg. 3FGA last reg. and postseason.

Not exactly players that multiple teams are flying to meet with.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 40yr old Ray Allen and a 34yr old James Jones who barely avg. 3FGA last reg. and postseason.

Not exactly players that multiple teams are flying to meet with.

Come on. You're better/smarter then that.
Age has little to do with spreading the court and being able to make open shots.
The Cavs have no money left to sign players that multiple teams would fly to meet with.

Including Miller, all 3 are defensive liabilities and that was why they( other than Ray) were often not even in the rotation.

If they can get Love to spread the court like Bosh, then they are a younger copy of the Heat Big 3, but not near as good defensively.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link?

Plus....why would LeBron back his wife on opening up a juice bar in Miami if he knew they were going back to Cleveland?

Lowry on his decison:

Lowry and the Raptors officially announced a four-year US$48 million dollar deal Thursday. The deal was reported last week but couldn't be made official until Thursday, when the moratorium on signings was lifted.

"They were real factors. I did my homework. I did my research," the point guard said. "I had a couple meetings with my family and we circled the pros and cons and we took teams away one by one.

"Other teams had some great things and I think they had pieces that were comparable pieces, but I think the situation that I'm in, the age I'm (at), me being able to lead a team, to lead a team and grow as a person, that was a very big factor in it."

Miami couldn't offer the money nor the "my team" term for Lowry that Toronto could.

Washington:

Gortat was looking forward to exploring offers from suitors around the league, but got a surprise visit in Poland from a delegation of Wizards executives and coaches that included head coach Randy Wittman just prior to the start of free agency. Officials weren't yet allowed to discuss re-signing him, but were there to assist with Gortat's basketball camp.

The gesture, though, spoke volumes.

"That was obviously huge. They showed a lot of love," Gortat said. "They showed that I'm a really important part and piece of the team when they came over to Poland and helped me out. And I was definitely excited, so it was just an easy decision for me to pick Washington."

"It's great when people want you," Gortat said. "I didn't have that comfort back in Phoenix, especially in the last year when they traded me. It was kind of obvious that I was going to get traded. Being on a team where they love you and like you...then life is beautiful.

I'm sure that the Wizards offering more money and years than any other team had something to do with it also.

Think it's safe to say that James taking until the 11th to announce what he was doing had no affect on Lowry's and Gortat's decision. Their minds were made up well before then.
:10:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously he wasn't 100% sure in December, but even if he was, the juice bar can easily be sold or kept.
It wasn't like she was there squeezing oranges.

I do agree that anything he did had no impact on losing Lowry or Gortat.
If anything, his silence might have helped Riley if either would have been willing to sign for a discount thinking he was coming back.
Both were really pipe dreams with or without James.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. You're better/smarter then that.
Age has little to do with spreading the court and being able to make open shots.
The Cavs have no money left to sign players that multiple teams would fly to meet with.

Including Miller, all 3 are defensive liabilities and that was why they( other than Ray) were often not even in the rotation.
If they can get Love to spread the court like Bosh, then they are a younger copy of the Heat Big 3, but not near as good defensively.
Allen had his worst 3pt % last season since 2009-2010. There's no guarantee's James Jones is going to get more minutes in Cleveland than he did in Miami.

Yes, the 3 are a big liability on defense. So why so much fuss about them going to Cleveland or any other team for that matter? If they're not making their shots then they're worthless on both ends of the floor.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen had his worst 3pt % last season since 2009-2010. There's no guarantee's James Jones is going to get more minutes in Cleveland than he did in Miami.

Yes, the 3 are a big liability on defense. So why so much fuss about them going to Cleveland or any other team for that matter? If they're not making their shots then they're worthless on both ends of the floor.

I made a fuss? When?
Those players would be next to useless on the current Heat roster.

I only brought them up because you suggested James had no help, when his recruitment of the bench players from here says just the opposite.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, they needed shooters. Plus defense takes a team effort, you can have talents that can guard 1-on-1 but still takes a team effort. Once they get chemistry, these guys have the atheltic ability to play D. That is the last thing I'm worried about, it will take time.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a fuss? When?
Those players would be next to useless on the current Heat roster.

I only brought them up because you suggested James had no help, when his recruitment of the bench players from here says just the opposite.

But they fit in very well with James and Kyrie. Thwy can create shots for themselves and others. Lebron did that on Miami, that's why they joined there. It's all Lebron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they fit in very well with James and Kyrie. Thwy can create shots for themselves and others. Lebron did that on Miami, that's why they joined there. It's all Lebron.

I know.
I was there.

I brought them up only because JD said James had no help for 3 years, when in reality he had the least help in year 1.